Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 490 491 [492] 493 494 ... 577

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 121948 times)

Oiled

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #7365 on: February 02, 2024, 06:03:20 PM »

There are times when television really fails to capture the true excitement of a large squirrel predicting the weather.

They used to pull the hog out, and they used to eat it.
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #7366 on: February 02, 2024, 06:04:10 PM »

The comments are by real people, writing real words on their computers.

How do you know?
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7367 on: February 02, 2024, 06:06:20 PM »

On Youtube now; [y'all know that I'm not the only one watching this video...501,836 views 6 hrs ago...5,867 comments.

Probably best Biden supporters don't read the comments;

Unbridled praise for Abbott and DeSantis and the other 25 states supporting them....for 'taking our country back', 'take back our Texas and our country', 'thank you 25 other states support of Texas', 'states should stop paying taxes to the federal govt', 'God bless you'.
Folk from NY, Colorado, Washington, Chicago, etc heaping praise.
'California here. I don't expect my state to do anything useful, but I still support Abbott.'

The video of the feds pulling back the wire and letting the illegals pour thru ...won't do Joe any good, methinks.

The Truck convoy is making plenty of noise. The folk in it are going to the border to pray. Ah yes, 'the power of prayer'.

Joe's ...

. Terminate Remain-in-Mexico
. Reinstate 'Catch and Release'
. End Title 42
. End Border Wall Construction

...chickens are coming home to roost.

Youtube video;

It Begins...States Unite - More Troops to Texas, Abbott Thanks Governors, Biden Vs Texas Migrant Crisis
You would read and rely on Youtube comments.

The only noise that convoy is making is the death rattle of failure. Their 700,000 protestors projection is short by about 699,900 people.

LOL
They are making a noise though, by being on tv.
Well-meaning folk, patriots to the heart.

Most of them don't seem to be in love with Joe's ideas and actions.
Spring looms large, the 'illegal migrant peak season', allegedly.
Interesting times ahead...with the election only a 'few' short months away.
They are on tv being mocked, outside of the right wing media bubble. You could draw more people protesting soggy fries at Arby's.

And the people who comment on videos are those who are inclined to watch the video in the first place. Which means, especially the ones you watch, they are posted by the dregs of humanity. Only good use of Youtube comments I know of is this guy's:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Lac-8tTuyhs
Sam: Those sons of bitches, they got him right through the neck.

Suzy: Was he a good dog?

Sam: Who's to say? But he didn't deserve to die.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #7368 on: February 02, 2024, 06:11:16 PM »

How do you know?

Funny you should ask that question...I was going to suggest it in my last post.  lol
I don't know.
I wasn't around at the time of Jesus, so I don't know all about that either.

It's a matter of belief.
I believe the comments are real.

Comparison is the thief of joy.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #7369 on: February 02, 2024, 06:23:25 PM »

On Youtube now; [y'all know that I'm not the only one watching this video...501,836 views 6 hrs ago...5,867 comments.

Probably best Biden supporters don't read the comments;

Unbridled praise for Abbott and DeSantis and the other 25 states supporting them....for 'taking our country back', 'take back our Texas and our country', 'thank you 25 other states support of Texas', 'states should stop paying taxes to the federal govt', 'God bless you'.
Folk from NY, Colorado, Washington, Chicago, etc heaping praise.
'California here. I don't expect my state to do anything useful, but I still support Abbott.'

The video of the feds pulling back the wire and letting the illegals pour thru ...won't do Joe any good, methinks.

The Truck convoy is making plenty of noise. The folk in it are going to the border to pray. Ah yes, 'the power of prayer'.

Joe's ...

. Terminate Remain-in-Mexico
. Reinstate 'Catch and Release'
. End Title 42
. End Border Wall Construction

...chickens are coming home to roost.

Youtube video;

It Begins...States Unite - More Troops to Texas, Abbott Thanks Governors, Biden Vs Texas Migrant Crisis
You would read and rely on Youtube comments.

The only noise that convoy is making is the death rattle of failure. Their 700,000 protestors projection is short by about 699,900 people.

LOL
They are making a noise though, by being on tv.
Well-meaning folk, patriots to the heart.

Most of them don't seem to be in love with Joe's ideas and actions.
Spring looms large, the 'illegal migrant peak season', allegedly.
Interesting times ahead...with the election only a 'few' short months away.
They are on tv being mocked, outside of the right wing media bubble. You could draw more people protesting soggy fries at Arby's.

And the people who comment on videos are those who are inclined to watch the video in the first place. Which means, especially the ones you watch, they are posted by the dregs of humanity. Only good use of Youtube comments I know of is this guy's:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Lac-8tTuyhs

'dregs of humanity'?

Oh dear, all those American folk concerned about the future of their country.
American folk writing things like this:

"Thank you American citizens for supporting the people who want American children to live a life of freedom and peace"

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #7370 on: February 02, 2024, 06:34:56 PM »

Hitler and his followers were concerned about the future of their country.  Real patriots! 

Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7371 on: February 02, 2024, 06:47:30 PM »

How do you know?

It hopes that if you believe that about YouTube commenters you will believe that about it too.

Do not pour cold water on Bambis hopes, mainly because it will short out if you do.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #7372 on: February 02, 2024, 07:17:39 PM »

The convoy people...

A lot like "the Convoy to Canberra" bambu-ilk had some time ago, when leftist Prime Minister Ms Julia Gillard was ruling the landscape.
She of the promise before the election that "There will be no carbon tax under the government I lead"...then to form a govt she 'got into bed' with the Greens and introduced a carbon tax. Bob Brown then the leader of the Greens.

Immediately named "Juliar" by unhappy mostly-Right voters.

Miranda Devine wrote in the DT in 2011...

People with legitimate complaints are derided as some sort of deranged Down-Under Tea Party.
Labor MP Kelvin Thompson showed his disdain for the protesters with an ageist remark on Sky News. "I saw a couple of Winnebagos and a couple of caravans. I thought it was a convoy of incontinence".

But the protesters carry a message from Middle Australia reflected in the polls

#####

More than the two 'Winnebagos and two caravans', people travelled by car and truck.

The anti-carbon tax rally was held...behind the stage a giant banner; "JULIAR, BOB BROWN'S BITCH".
And a smaller placard "DITCH the WITCH".

They were enough to send her and her govt into a meltdown of outrage.
"Misogyny" they screamed.

She sank in the polls, and was eventually replaced before the next election [every 3 years] by Kevin Rudd [the now Australian ambassador to America].
He, formerly PM before her, sank in the polls over asylum seeker boats arriving every 'five minutes', she had replaced him as PM.

He was the one who, not wanting to lose the election, drew a line in the sand over asylum seeker boats.
Announcing to the world that: "No none arriving in Australia illegally by boat will ever be settled in Australia".
The boats kept coming, he hastily re-opened detention centres on Manus Is PNG...shipping containers, and on Nauru in the Pacific.

Too little, too late. He lost the election, and "The Monk [Tony Abbott] became Prime Minister...and "Tow back The Boats" was born.

'Convoy of Incontinence'...'Deplorables'...much the same insults.

In my opinion, Joe would be very wise to do something to fix the border war before the election...because you never know what effect the 'dregs of society', 'incontinents', 'deplorables' might have.

Joe would be well advised to "Tow Back The Boats", soon.

"I've been busy concentrating on the wars in Ukraine and Israel/Gaza, and haven't realised the negative effect the scale of illegal immigration is having in this country.
As such I've done a thorough investigation myself of the situation and have today put in place the following;

His solutions.

Before the unhappy start chanting "USA, USA" seeing it as "America v its enemy".
« Last Edit: February 02, 2024, 07:24:12 PM by bambu. »

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #7373 on: February 02, 2024, 07:33:58 PM »

Hitler and his followers were concerned about the future of their country.  Real patriots!

Americans who enlisted in WW2 and all wars, and risked their lives doing so, ...and those in the US military today.....all concerned about the future of their country....real patriots.
Three killed in Jordan the other day.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #7374 on: February 02, 2024, 07:36:01 PM »

Are you badly programmed or criminally insane?
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #7375 on: February 02, 2024, 07:55:00 PM »

Are you badly programmed or criminally insane?

Who knows?

Ever wondered how the US-bound migrants at the border get there?

The UN finances them, gives them cash/debit cards.

US taxpayers give the UN billions.

Center for Immigration Studies.
cis.org   Tom Bensman

NY Post

A simple Google reveals all.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #7376 on: February 02, 2024, 07:58:28 PM »

Are you sure it is not the lizard people or prehistoric giants?

Richard P. Feynman

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #7377 on: February 03, 2024, 11:27:37 AM »

Are you sure it is not the lizard people or prehistoric giants?

I blame the Grays.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #7378 on: February 03, 2024, 03:42:03 PM »

While many cities in California are getting worse and worse, such as Oakland which is becoming a waste land as the businesses leave and as the homeless people and drug addicts take over, and San Francisco which is almost as bad as Oakland, and San Bernardino has the highest crime in the State now, lots of problems are happening in California, and Newsom is a poor leader.

On the other hand, Anaheim is doing better, every year it gets better in Anaheim. Disneyland is breaking records with attendance and sales, and lots of money is being invested into Disney and the surrounding area. Cruising has been brought back by removing the ban, so now on Sunday Nights then Anaheim Blvd is full of cruisers who are spending money at the local liquor stores and restaurants and businesses.

And we have lots of women here now, I was walking home from the CVS by City Hall and a beautiful young woman jogged in front of me on my whole walk home, and she would stop and stretch at every red light while we waited to cross, she jogged slow right in front of me on my whole walk home. She was way too young for me, but it was still fun to watch her jog and stretch. And that is part of how you can spot a good neighborhood, if you see lots of beautiful women then you know it is a good neighborhood. The bad neighborhoods in San Bernardino do not have any women, you just see young men hanging out together without any women, the women all leave to go to the good areas.

We need an Apple Store, and we need a Community Theatre, and we need a Barnes and Noble Bookstore, etc, but I can see Anaheim getting better. There is a constant battle between good and evil, but I think Anaheim is getting better.

And I think God might send me a good wife right here in Anaheim, and if I keep going to the Crystal Cathedral on Sundays where I can meet new people, etc, and we have Chapman Film School, and we have Fullerton Community College, I may even get my movie made and my book published. I just think it is getting better here.

I can see it getting better. I am in a great location. I love Italy, and France, and I will travel in the future, and I want to see Greece, etc, but I might meet a wife right here in Anaheim, we will see what happens. I can see the neighborhood getting better. I still might end up living back in Malibu, but it is getting better here, I can see it getting better.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: February 03, 2024, 03:51:29 PM by FlyingVProd »

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #7379 on: February 03, 2024, 04:18:28 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 490 491 [492] 493 494 ... 577