Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1906 1907 [1908] 1909 1910 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1645382 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #28605 on: March 08, 2020, 09:36:27 PM »

OMG

Ben Carson: There's a plan, but I don't want to talk about it

I feel ever so much better!
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #28606 on: March 08, 2020, 10:04:44 PM »

More thoughts on Bernie Sanders.
Maybe he doesn’t really want to win the nomination.

After all Hilary still bitches that Trump killed her chances by beating her up on the emails.But Bernie avoided that issue in the 2016 nomination battle. 

This year when Bernie was thought to be on the inside track to the nomination he praises Fidel Castro’s Cuba?

I don't know whose work you're plaigerizing this time, but I made that point in that week.
So what?
His statement was all over the news.
My reference was in the context of purpose.

Yes, so was mine.

I wrote, "Bernie's announced that he doesn't want to be president." Then I went on to talk about the Castro comments.

And... your reference wasn't a reference - it was a plaigerism.
ROFL!

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #28607 on: March 08, 2020, 10:12:53 PM »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28608 on: March 08, 2020, 10:13:17 PM »

More thoughts on Bernie Sanders.
Maybe he doesn’t really want to win the nomination.

After all Hilary still bitches that Trump killed her chances by beating her up on the emails.But Bernie avoided that issue in the 2016 nomination battle. 

This year when Bernie was thought to be on the inside track to the nomination he praises Fidel Castro’s Cuba?

I don't know whose work you're plaigerizing this time, but I made that point in that week.
So what?
His statement was all over the news.
My reference was in the context of purpose.

Yes, so was mine.

I wrote, "Bernie's announced that he doesn't want to be president." Then I went on to talk about the Castro comments.

And... your reference wasn't a reference - it was a plaigerism.
ROFL!

Your reaction time is really slow, but I'm glad you like my joke.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28609 on: March 08, 2020, 10:16:19 PM »

OMG

Ben Carson: There's a plan, but I don't want to talk about it

I feel ever so much better!

”This Week” host George Stephanopoulos pressed Carson for details.

“The cruise-ship personnel and, as you know, the vice president met with the CEOs of the major cruise-ship companies yesterday, and they are coming up with a plan within 72 hours of that meeting,” Carson said, clearly frustrating Stephanopoulos.

Stephanopoulos pointed out that the ship is due to dock well sooner than the expiration of that 72-hour period. “The plan will be in place by that time. But I don’t want to preview the plan right now,” Carson said. “I think it needs to all come from a solitary source. We shouldn’t have 16 people saying what the plan is. Particularly when it hasn’t been fully formulated.”

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28610 on: March 08, 2020, 10:37:03 PM »

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/03/06/absolutely-chilling-reports-frontlines-coronavirus-outbreak-reveal-roadblocks?utm_campaign=shareaholic&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR1tRDheDk5WFdT4gRjAYe8F_jF1Dfl9yfNKz2ZtH6GiB-vzjJLpK15EmoE

On Thursday evening, Vice News journalist Julia Lindau returned from reporting on the COVID-19 outbreak in Italy, where more than 4,600 people have tested positive for the illness—only to pass through U.S. Customs without being screened for potentially having come into contact with the virus.

"They didn't ask me where in Italy I went or if I came into contact with sick people," tweeted Lindau. "They didn't ask me anything."

Just the weest bit of contrast with Mike Pence's claim on Wednesday (3/3/2020) 'that travelers from Italy are getting screened "multiple times" before they're free to walk through U.S. airport security.'

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28611 on: March 08, 2020, 10:42:56 PM »

Same article, other side of the country:

Across the country in California, the case of a nurse who self-quarantined after falling ill indicated on Thursday that the number of cases may have been vastly understated by officials. The nurse, who was not identified in a statement released by their union, the California Nurses Association, described how bureaucratic roadblocks have kept them from being tested for COVID-19 after coming into contact with a patient and later becoming sick.

"I'm awaiting 'permission' from the federal government to allow for my testing, even after my physician and county health professional ordered it," the nurse said in the statement.

The nurse treated a coronavirus patient after receiving proper training and protective gear, but later developed a fever and other COVID-19 symptoms. Because the nurse took proper precautions, the CDC told them this week that they didn't need coronavirus testing. The CDC later said the nurse would have to wait for a test because the agency is only testing a certain number of people each day.

"This is not the ticket dispenser at the deli counter; it's a public health emergency!" the nurse said. "I am a registered nurse, and I need to know if I am positive before going back to caring for patients. I am appalled at the level of bureaucracy that's preventing nurses from getting tested. That is a healthcare decision my doctor and my county health department agree with. Delaying this test puts the whole community at risk."

So, Kid - you accused my of misrepresenting the facts about how well this administration is handling the crisis.

You never answered when I gave some examples of what I had said and asked you which of those I'd twisted.

How about these two? Did I somehow make them seem other than how they ought to be seen?

Inquiring minds want to know!

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #28612 on: March 08, 2020, 10:43:12 PM »

Ohhhh, that Julia...

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #28613 on: March 08, 2020, 10:48:35 PM »

So, Kid - you accused my of misrepresenting the facts about how well this administration is handling the crisis.

nahhhh

not my style

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28614 on: March 08, 2020, 11:09:03 PM »

nahhhh

not my style

You are so fucking full of shit:
Tell me more, Kid, about how wonderfully well the administration is handling this disease.

I don't need to.  You have the same info I have - you just take your liberties with it.

take liberties:
1. "disapproving : to make important changes to something" (Merriam-Webster)
"2.  to deal (with facts, data, etc.) in a distorting way" (Collins)
"3. to represent information in a way that is not exactly correct" (MacMillan)

So, tell me, please, Kid, now that we both know it is exactly your style, how I have dealt with the facts "in a distorting way or represented the "information in a way that is not exactly correct?"

Or take it back.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28615 on: March 08, 2020, 11:20:32 PM »

Take that, you backstabbing politician!

Who? Rep. Ocascio-Cortez.

The context? Complimenting Liz Warren for a 10 second segment with Kate McKinnon.

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/03/bernie-sanders-fans-lash-out-at-backstabber-ocasio-cortez-for-praising-elizabeth-warrens-snl-skit/?fbclid=IwAR2bu4pyUkFlKZIagu7VrAXrKzo2GLr4Y0Jr4OUIexbbuOaehpI_iHzDr_M

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #28616 on: March 08, 2020, 11:31:54 PM »

nahhhh

not my style

You are so fucking full of shit:
Tell me more, Kid, about how wonderfully well the administration is handling this disease.

I don't need to.  You have the same info I have - you just take your liberties with it.

take liberties:
1. "disapproving : to make important changes to something" (Merriam-Webster)
"2.  to deal (with facts, data, etc.) in a distorting way" (Collins)
"3. to represent information in a way that is not exactly correct" (MacMillan)

So, tell me, please, Kid, now that we both know it is exactly your style, how I have dealt with the facts "in a distorting way or represented the "information in a way that is not exactly correct?"

Or take it back.

Maybe you should just delete that post

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #28617 on: March 08, 2020, 11:33:01 PM »

Do you have a specific question?

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28618 on: March 08, 2020, 11:44:26 PM »

Do you have a specific question?

I've only asked it 3 times, Kid.

In what way did I take liberties with the items I shared concerning the administration's inadequate response to the novel coronavirus?

Here's the original post I put the question into:

I don't need to. You have the same info I have - you just take your liberties with it.

Okay, Kid... in the unlikely event that you want to be taken seriously, please please tell me what liberties I have taken with:

1) The president misrepresenting how fast the vaccines will be ready.
2) The president misrepresenting the mortality rate.
3) The failure of the government to meet its commitment on distributing tests.
https://techcrunch.com/2020/03/06/trying-to-make-up-for-lost-time-the-cdc-will-distribute-1-1-million-covid-19-tests-this-weekend/
4) The fact that the United Kingdom has managed to test more people than we have.
5) That the CDC has taken down its tracking of how many people in the US have been tested.
6) That the CDC has removed its state by state numbers of positive results and deaths from the site, including the map that allowed one to mouse over to see the info.

And assuming you don't have any examples of how I have taken liberty with those facts, tell me how they do not support my contention that the government is handling the COVID-19 virus poorly.

I know you are just yanking my chain, know full well what the question was, and don't give a damn if we all know you are full of shit. But it amuses me to indulge you.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #28619 on: March 08, 2020, 11:49:54 PM »

"Believe a couple of things are true here.  One is THE PANIC IS OVERBLOWN.  This is not the type of public health crisis YET ...in the way people are treating it ...in the way they are approaching it in some sections of the media"

"The flu is very serious.  We have a very high level of flu in America right now.  So people should take this seriously, but don't freak out.  Don't panic.  Don't turn into a Black Friday mob at the Costco when you are trying to prepare for this"

- Ben Domenech
Pages: 1 ... 1906 1907 [1908] 1909 1910 ... 4288