Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1589 1590 [1591] 1592 1593 ... 1849

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 933968 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #23851 on: June 13, 2022, 11:40:53 PM »

Celts just do not have the horses.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #23854 on: June 14, 2022, 07:13:23 AM »

Whaddya know - found old forum friend Emac2 in the comments at FanSided
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #23855 on: June 14, 2022, 09:55:29 AM »

HAWKS PROMOTE LANDRY FIELDS TO GM

Nice.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #23856 on: June 14, 2022, 03:46:23 PM »

Saw that. Good luck to him.

Liked him as a Knick on team what could have been.

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
Conjecture V. Masturbation
« Reply #23857 on: June 14, 2022, 04:06:54 PM »

https://dailyknicks.com/2022/06/12/3-former-knicks-return-new-york-2022-free-agency/2/

Hell no, no, and no.

Thanks.

You are, of course, as a professional GM, aware that this site Kiid referenced does not deal in news, does not even deal in sourced rumors, but is naught but a petri dish of phantasmgorical lunacy and masturbatory self indulgence by dipshits sitting around the camp fire smelling their own farts and proclaiming them French Perfume. 

I generally confine my searches to Facil's Trading Post or HOOPSHYPE RUMORS, fevered and unlikely as most might be.   

Today's RUMORS DU JOUR?

* Malcolm Brogdon on Knicks radar, given the unlikelihood of moving up to #4 and getting a shot at Ivey. 

* Myles Turner in play, and Charlotte might be interested

* Atlanta lusting after Rudy Gobert, and "Some Package" which might be including a Chinese Menu of One
   From Column A & One From Column B of Clint Capella, Kevin Huerter, John Collins and the #16 pick

* Hawks allegedly sniffing around the Blazers #7 pick with an eye towards 6'8" combo Dyson Daniels

* Lakers pursuing a #2 pick

https://www.nba.com/news/2022-consensus-mock-draft

In this MOCK, Dyson Daniels, Jeremy Sochan and Mark Williams are there at #11.

Maybe Williams.  I think Daniels and Sochan are goners. 

Other mocks have Jalen Duren, A.J Griffin, Bennedict Mathurin. 

The KNICKS have really signaled nothing that I can discern.  No smoke signals. 

Everyone is projecting or wishing for a scenario in which they move up in the draft. 

Worth noting that in the past drafts they were just as inclined to trade down. 

What'd they do last year? 

Paid forward their #19 pick to Charlotte for the Hornets' 2022 protected #1, which they ultimately included in the deal which sent Kevin Knox to Atlanta for Cam Reddish, Solomon Hill and a 2025 second rounder [via Brooklyn]. 

They flipped the #21 pick for the Clippers' #25 [and a future second rounder], which they used to select Quentin Grimes. 

The BROCK ALLER cap management projection is that they dealt down with an eye on whatever extra money they would no longer be obligated to pay both a #19 and #21 pick.  Probably saved in the neighborhood of a million, give or take, by selecting Grimes at #25. 

In 2021 they also flipped the #32 pick they received from the Pistons for the #34 and #36 picks, which they used to select Rokas Jokubaitis and Miles McBride. 

And the #58 pick we got from Philly along with a couple of warm bodies we immediately dispatched in the Austin Rivers trade, got us Jericho Sims. 

So....

The Knicks intentions moving forward into the 2022 Trading Season, 2022 Draft, 2022 Free Agency and 2022 Summer League seem inscrutable. 

They seem inclined to give PG/Combo Jokubaitis another season of experience overseas.  Have not signalled any particular commitment to IQ or McBride.  Have not tipped their hand regarding unrestricted free agent Mitchell Robinson, though if they have any leverage, regarding rules concerning who can make him the highest money offer, a sign and trade might be in order.  Not really feeling any urgency on the Knicks part to commit. 

Anyway, TEN DAYS until the 2022 NBA Draft. 
« Last Edit: June 14, 2022, 04:18:38 PM by chipstern »

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #23858 on: June 14, 2022, 05:39:24 PM »

I am worried that teams ahead of us will go into this draft looking for the next Andrew Wiggins. I want that guy to fall to 11.

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #23859 on: June 14, 2022, 05:59:08 PM »

I am worried that teams ahead of us will go into this draft looking for the next Andrew Wiggins. I want that guy to fall to 11.

All things being equal, who would you like to see fall to us at #11. 

I think the big wings/combo we may like in Daniels and Sochan could be gone. 

I really really like the bigs, Mark Williams and Jalen Duren.  I would be happy going forward with either of them and Sims, given that Robinson may walk, and its a cold day in hell when Nerlens even CAN WALK.  Taj can mentor them for one more season, and Thibs can take his thumb out his ass and give minutes to both Obi and Julius at the 5 Spot. 

A lot of the wings are really intriguing, but we already have Barrett, Reddish and Grimes [and IQ], not to mention the likelihood that Burks will be here for one more season as Thibs' security blanket. TyTy is interesting, but seems a reach at #11, and too much like Quickley.  Still, I think the Knicks are seriously looking at another wing, be it Daniels if he drops [this year's Scotty Barnes] or another of the cats they've been working out. 

Could any of our vets be on the trading block?  Might we actualy be targetting Carmelo as a SF/PF option off the bench? 

ARE THIBS & THE FRONT OFFICE ON THE SAME DAMN PAGE? 
« Last Edit: June 14, 2022, 06:05:41 PM by chipstern »

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #23860 on: June 14, 2022, 06:34:38 PM »

Daniels Sochan and Eason are the three that cut it. Eason and Sochan are more my focus. Daniels has moved up out of our range.

This may come in handy for future consideration,

http://basketball.realgm.com/nba/info/rookie_scale/2023

Randle equals 7th pick salary plus Portland trade exception.

Knowing that Randle and Fournier for Bledsoe, 7, and the exception.

Dame gets a wing and a big.

We could add two of those guys. Say Daniels goes higher

Mitch Jericho
Obi Sochan Taj
Reddish Eason Burks
RJ Grimes
IQ Rose McBride

We still have a ton of money after paying Bledsoe his partial guarantee and working buyouts of Kemba and Noel. We even would have enough dough for an RFA overpay.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #23861 on: June 14, 2022, 06:50:44 PM »

I just used that link I so helpfully provided.

It would put us somewhere between Indy and Orlando with about 30 mil to play with at the start of free agency.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #23862 on: June 15, 2022, 03:23:57 AM »

Alternatively, I am all for seeing if Charlotte wants someone badly enough at 11 to give us 13 and 15 for 11, 42, and a future second rounder or two.

Ryan Rollins is the only guy under six foot six besides Ivey I want in this draft. At six six and north, there are a lot of guys in this draft you could put to work right away.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #23863 on: June 15, 2022, 08:23:17 AM »

KNICKS dont want more picks.  Want the best quality we can get.  Picking at 11 or moving up.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #23864 on: June 15, 2022, 08:25:42 AM »

Daniels Sochan and Eason are the three that cut it. Eason and Sochan are more my focus. Daniels has moved up out of our range.

This may come in handy for future consideration,

http://basketball.realgm.com/nba/info/rookie_scale/2023

Randle equals 7th pick salary plus Portland trade exception.

Knowing that Randle and Fournier for Bledsoe, 7, and the exception.

Dame gets a wing and a big.

We could add two of those guys. Say Daniels goes higher

Mitch Jericho
Obi Sochan Taj
Reddish Eason Burks
RJ Grimes
IQ Rose McBride

That team sucks
Pages: 1 ... 1589 1590 [1591] 1592 1593 ... 1849