Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 497 498 [499] 500 501 ... 568

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 119864 times)

bambu.

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #7470 on: February 07, 2024, 04:30:58 PM »

But can be, is.

Your language module has glitched out. It ruins the illusion that you may have once been a real boy.

Toby is a true patriot, ask anyone...he'll live forever thru his music.

He wrote the song;

Now this nation that I love has fallen under attack
A mighty sucker punch came flyin' in from somewhere in the back
Soon as we could see clearly
Through our big black eye
Man, we lit up your world
Like the fourth of July

« Last Edit: February 07, 2024, 04:33:07 PM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7471 on: February 07, 2024, 04:55:58 PM »

You have sociopathy and patriotism confused now.

Your glitch just gets worse and worse all the time.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7472 on: February 07, 2024, 05:08:36 PM »

You are welcome. Preaching to the choir unfortunately. Pearlstein is one of the best.
Say.  Has any razor wire been removed by the Feds in Texas?

Not sure.

But, there is this;

Vance unveils bill barring feds from taking down border ...

thehill.com

25 Jan 2024 - JD Vance (R-Ohio) introduced legistaion Thursday that would prohibit the federal government from removing the fencing at the U.S.-Mexico border...
Yeah, that asshat is big on useless grandstanding. Maybe he can make himself useful and vote for what the Wall Street Journal recognizes as the most conservative immigration bill in US history, and Lindsay Graham noted is far better than they would get in any other circumstances. But he will not because like the majority of the rest of his party in Washington he is more interested in perpetuating a campaign talking point than actually solving anything. Plus, as a useless asshat he sees himself as the king of a useless asshats, the VP for Trump, and will not let anything stand in his way. Not even his 2016 self. Also, Hillbilly Elegy sucked.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #7473 on: February 07, 2024, 05:35:00 PM »

You are welcome. Preaching to the choir unfortunately. Pearlstein is one of the best.
Say.  Has any razor wire been removed by the Feds in Texas?

Not sure.

But, there is this;

Vance unveils bill barring feds from taking down border ...

thehill.com

25 Jan 2024 - JD Vance (R-Ohio) introduced legistaion Thursday that would prohibit the federal government from removing the fencing at the U.S.-Mexico border...
Not needed. The Feds, even with Constitutional backing, know the optics of tearing down Texas fencing is bad PR for Joe. No wonder he is going diss the Super Bowl CBS interview and pout in his basement while watching old Francois Mitterrand speeches.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #7474 on: February 07, 2024, 06:34:45 PM »

"Never apologise for being patriotic" - Toby Keith
Performative patriotism is not necessarily patriotic.

But can be, is.
Actually it usually is not. It is more being seen - even by one's self - as patriot, not actually being one. But usually that 'patriotism" of extends as far as their political ideology and no further. That is why you had people draped in flags trying to violently overturn a free and fair election.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #7475 on: February 07, 2024, 06:52:25 PM »

« Last Edit: February 07, 2024, 06:55:01 PM by jmmengel »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7476 on: February 07, 2024, 10:23:56 PM »

The soul of country music is Willie Nelson and The Chicks.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #7477 on: February 08, 2024, 01:05:53 AM »

Billy and Willie recorded a duet.
Go woke, go broke.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #7478 on: February 08, 2024, 10:09:04 AM »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2024/02/06/toby-keith-death-liberals-appreciation/

My comment was not specific to Mr. Keith. Always liked this story of his first appearance on The Colbert Report:

Toby had a good time too, because after the show, I was headed to a postmortem meeting and he was coming out of his green room. Those rooms are on the same hallway. As he was heading for the door that goes down to 54th Street, he caught my eye and said:

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #7479 on: February 08, 2024, 11:54:21 AM »

But can be, is.
Actually it usually is not. It is more being seen - even by one's self - as patriot, not actually being one. But usually that 'patriotism" of extends as far as their political ideology and no further. That is why you had people draped in flags trying to violently overturn a free and fair election.

bambuworld had many people draped in the flag on Australia day.
Patriots all.
As were those wearing flags in their hats, one, an elderly man, being arrested ridiculously for 'inciting a riot' by cops.
Your election protesters were patriots, totally misguided on the day, thought they were in a war to save America.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2024, 12:11:46 PM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #7480 on: February 08, 2024, 12:08:04 PM »

News yesterday, cautiously broadcast, mentioned that Captain James Cook, a hero, who was attacked,  mutilated, and thrown off his memorial in Melbourne on Australia Day eve by Australia-haters, might still be alive, and in time could return to his monument home...victorious.
Here's hoping.
There would be much celebration.
Go woke, go broke.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #7481 on: February 08, 2024, 12:12:27 PM »

But can be, is.

Patriots all.
As were those wearing flags in their hats, one, an elderly man being arrested ridiculously for 'inciting a riot' by cops.
Your election protesters were patriots, totally misguided on the day, thought they were in a war to save America.
Refusal to accept the result of a democratic, free and fair election in a democracy because you lost is the opposite of patriotism. Those people do not love their country, they love their political views.

And that of all the people draped in the Aussie flag and wearing them in their hats one and only one was arrested for inciting a riot nist.confirms to me that you are relating roughly 10% of the story. Probably because you have only been told that much and are too stupid and gullible to have any doubts about the shit being regurgitated into your eager mouth.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #7482 on: February 08, 2024, 12:20:56 PM »

My comment was not specific to Mr. Keith. Always liked this story of his first appearance on The Colbert Report:

Toby had a good time too, because after the show, I was headed to a postmortem meeting and he was coming out of his green room. Those rooms are on the same hallway. As he was heading for the door that goes down to 54th Street, he caught my eye and said:

?

I tried scrolling over the blank, but there was nothing hidden in a white font.  So, inquiring minds want to know...
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #7483 on: February 08, 2024, 12:28:25 PM »

I finally figured out how to disable some of the security on Firefox and log in here with that browser.  They don't make it easy.  Basically, the browser has to ignore all the Transport Layer Security (TLS) protocol, which is the de facto means for establishing security on the Web.  COULD SOMEONE CONTACT LIQUIDSILVER AND HAVE HIM DO THE BARE MINIMUM OF UPDATING HIS FUCKING THREE YEARS EXPIRED SSL CERTIFICATE?  AND FIX THE GODDAMMNED APOSTROPHE/QUOTE MARKS?

SCROTUS:   

Listened to the oral arguments for a while.  The Supremes are not making it easy for Murray.  Very tough room.  They seem to be steering past the establishing that Trump disqualified himself by fomenting insurrection and letting section 3 execute, and drilling down on technical procedural questions.  Not a good sign for the Colorado action, right?
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #7484 on: February 08, 2024, 01:02:31 PM »

But can be, is.

Patriots all.
As were those wearing flags in their hats, one, an elderly man being arrested ridiculously for 'inciting a riot' by cops.
Refusal to accept the result of a democratic, free and fair election in a democracy because you lost is the opposite of patriotism. Those people do not love their country, they love their political views.

And that of all the people draped in the Aussie flag and wearing them in their hats one and only one was arrested for inciting a riot nist.confirms to me that you are relating roughly 10% of the story. Probably because you have only been told that much and are too stupid and gullible to have any doubts about the shit being regurgitated into your eager mouth.

Oh it's a thing.

9 Oct 2023: 'Sydney Opera House Rally: Police defend arrest of man carrying Israeli flag amid outrage over antisemitic chants..."for his own safety".

Cops in Melb now denying man with flag in hat was arrested.

Cops seem to arrest you, remove you from where they don't like you being, then release you somewhere else.

Cops haven't done very well in the populairty stakes in recent times.

Go woke, go broke.
Pages: 1 ... 497 498 [499] 500 501 ... 568