Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1033 1034 [1035] 1036 1037 ... 1850

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 937279 times)

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Mr. Know-It-All
« Reply #15510 on: December 17, 2020, 10:03:17 PM »

Vanessa Bryant has accused her mother Sofia Laine of trying to “extort a financial windfall” from her through a “frivolous” and “disgraceful” lawsuit after the death of her husband Kobe Bryant and daughter Gianna. – via Analis Bailey, Josh Peter @ USA Today Sports
 Gianna Bryant, Law, Vanessa Bryant, Kobe Bryant

According to court documents obtained by USA TODAY Sports and filed Tuesday in California, Laine is seeking financial support from her daughter, alleging that she worked unpaid as a “longtime personal assistant and nanny” for the Bryant family. Laine claims that prior to Kobe Bryant’s death, he promised to “take care of” the 68-year-old for the “rest of her life.” – via Analis Bailey, Josh Peter @ USA Today Sports
 Gianna Bryant, Law, Vanessa Bryant, Kobe Bryant

In her lawsuit, Laine claims she worked for more than 12 hours a day with no meal or rest break while taking care of the Bryants’ children for almost 18 years because Vanessa Bryant gave her a “grueling schedule and detailed instructions.” Bryant said her mother “only occasionally babysat my older girls when they were toddlers.” Bryant said her mother is contacting her through intermediaries demanding $5 million, a house and a Mercedes SUV

So fucking give it to her.

This chick has bothered me from the get go.

You must know ALL about the case.
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #15511 on: December 17, 2020, 10:07:04 PM »

Kupchak is doing well by Jordan. They’ve got a nice team.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #15512 on: December 17, 2020, 10:29:35 PM »

Any details?
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #15513 on: December 17, 2020, 10:29:51 PM »

Kupchak is doing well by Jordan. They’ve got a nice team.

Ball 5 assists and 4-9 from trey.  How about THAT?

Cole Anthony 3-4 from trey with 4 boards and 4 assists.  Good for him. 

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #15514 on: December 17, 2020, 10:31:08 PM »

Anthony was 16-4-4 last game - and LaMelo had 2 threes.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #15515 on: December 18, 2020, 12:47:40 AM »

Watched the 1Q & most of the 4Q of the CLE game.

Quickly looked good, energetic, kept his dribble tossed up lobs.
But all of that -- and Dennis Smith mugging Mr. Mooney for 5 steals -- came against non-NBA players.  The NBA Cavs killed us.

Knox played well.  Be aggressive, get in the mix.  Loved that one rebound and quick outlet to RJB.

Okoro looked pretty solid.  Splashed a pair of open 3's with good form.  Made his FT's.  Shadowed RJB all night.  He was a bit amped up so got a foul 4 secs into the game not letting Barrett cut.  But his O looked much better than advertised.  And he's got good defensive awareness and a strong body.

I liked the orange sneaks on both Elf and RJB.
Spellman isn't NBA with that baby fat.
Datsun was looking to pass and not shoot.  Wonder if that's what CLE wants, but he turned down some ops he probably should have taken.  Should be in CLE's rotation.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #15516 on: December 18, 2020, 02:52:38 AM »

Knox played well.  Be aggressive, get in the mix.  Loved that one rebound and quick outlet to RJB.

I was watching the game in real time but had to pause it to rewind my DVD and watch that play again. 
I didn't know Knox had the court awareness to make that play.
That was eye-opening.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #15517 on: December 18, 2020, 09:46:36 AM »

https://nypost.com/2020/12/17/knicks-immanuel-quickley-making-mock-drafts-look-silly/

Whoa

Not sure of the headline.  But imagine - if in the redraft years from now Obi comes in top 5 and Immanuel top 10

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #15518 on: December 18, 2020, 09:50:54 AM »

Berman's rather preposterous.  or click-baiting.

One good quarter of one pre-season game against 5 Cavs who haven't played int he NBA.  Just a tad early to see the future and gloat.

Wasn't Knox a pre-season stud his rook year?
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

chipstern

• View Profile
Neagtive Nancies Vs. Pom Pom Gurls--The Epic Battles
« Reply #15519 on: December 18, 2020, 10:11:05 AM »

One good quarter of one pre-season game against 5 Cavs who haven't played int he NBA.  Just a tad early to see the future and gloat.

Yes, berman is an ambulance chaser. 

Still, Gimme a break, Negative Nancy.  That does not diminish clear progress on KK's part.  But we coulda had BB.

Our Pups against their Pups.  And their Pups were lighting us up in the 3rd if you'd had the opportunity to watch. 

But yes, Knox sucks, we coulda drafted a 3&D or signed Bogdon, oh, and Okoro has no shot and we shouldn't draft him.

Lack of hope springs eternal.

PS: Christian Wood with a big game for Houston.  Looking really fucking good...Impressive...Nice Fit.  Time to fire up the Old WOULDACOULDASHOULDA Machine and explain again how flawed and overrated Obi is.   
« Last Edit: December 18, 2020, 10:18:33 AM by chipstern »

chipstern

• View Profile
By The Way
« Reply #15520 on: December 18, 2020, 10:30:40 AM »

Why would Philly trade Ben Simmons? 

Why would Miami sunder their chemistry and offload excellent youngYoungYOUNG talents on the upswing to bring on an egomaniacal talent, no matter how gifted, who couldn't abide a player who epitomizes winning, competitive culture like Chris Paul.  Give up Duncan Robinson and/or Tyler Herro?

Seriously. 

Harden is perhaps the preeminent offensive force in the modern game, and he showed in the bubble that he is a fine facilitator and defensive player when so motivated.

But the idea that winning cultures such as Miami and Milwaukee, let alone teams on the upswing like Philly and Brooklyn would gut their teams and sunder their cultures to accomodate this martinet. 

Harden has poisoned the trade waters irreperably. 

He might want to take a deep fucking breath and take a long look at the likes of Christian Wood, John Wall and DeMarcus Couins, let alone returning warriors such as Eric Gordon and PJ Tucker.  They have the makings of a very competitive, contending team in the West.  Be a TEAM MATE, Mate. 

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #15521 on: December 18, 2020, 10:38:20 AM »

I've been counseling patience with Knox.
But he does need to show improvement this year.

Pre-season is a very unreliable predictor of NBA success.
1Q v. 5 Cavs nobody ever heard of.
Absolutely absurd to declare Quickly has made the draft look silly.

And I gave Okoro some props for his offense.  I suspected when he was moving up draft boards (along with Williams) that his O was looking solid enough in workouts. 

Cavs bench = 5 Undrafteds and a #26 pick who missed his rook year
Dean Wade - undrafted.  60 NBA minutes last year.
Lamar Stevens - undrafted rook, 2-way contract
Matt Mooney - 20 NBA minutes last year
Dylan Windler #26 pick - missed all last year. Rook
Marques Bolden - undrafted, should have returned to Duke for his Sr year.
Levi Randolph - undrafted, Age 28.  Geleaugered.

v.

Knicks Bench -- Five 1st round picks:
Topping, Knox, Smith = 3 Top 9 picks. 
The latter two with 2 and 3 year NBA experience.
Spellman a #30 pick with 2 NBA years, inc. 14 starts
Quickly a #25 rook.

It was rather embarrassing what the Cavs courted and the young Knix bench took advantage.  Dennis Smith Jr morphing into Gary Payton might have been a clue as to what was going down.  Those 5 Knix would win a championship if they got to play the Canton Charge every night ...
« Last Edit: December 18, 2020, 10:45:46 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #15522 on: December 18, 2020, 11:02:38 AM »

Wouldnt expect you to be positive

Articles arent click bait - they are actually in the newspaper

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: By The Way
« Reply #15523 on: December 18, 2020, 11:06:25 AM »

Why would Philly trade Ben Simmons? 

Why would Miami sunder their chemistry and offload excellent youngYoungYOUNG talents on the upswing to bring on an egomaniacal talent, no matter how gifted, who couldn't abide a player who epitomizes winning, competitive culture like Chris Paul.  Give up Duncan Robinson and/or Tyler Herro?

Seriously. 

Harden is perhaps the preeminent offensive force in the modern game, and he showed in the bubble that he is a fine facilitator and defensive player when so motivated.

But the idea that winning cultures such as Miami and Milwaukee, let alone teams on the upswing like Philly and Brooklyn would gut their teams and sunder their cultures to accomodate this martinet. 

Harden has poisoned the trade waters irreperably. 

He might want to take a deep fucking breath and take a long look at the likes of Christian Wood, John Wall and DeMarcus Couins, let alone returning warriors such as Eric Gordon and PJ Tucker.  They have the makings of a very competitive, contending team in the West.  Be a TEAM MATE, Mate.

Who is HOU supposed to ask for in a Harden deal?  Keep in mind - PHI, BKN and MIA were chosen by James, not the Rockets

chipstern

• View Profile
Superstar Free Agent Options in 2021
« Reply #15524 on: December 18, 2020, 11:47:08 AM »

Seriously?

[Age when pre-season 2021 rolls around]

Kawhi Leonard, 30 [Tell me about the rabbits George]

Jrue Holiday, 31 [Yes, let me leave Giannis and a fat contract re-up to come to NY, only ten years after Donnie Douche Bag failed to draft me]

Dennis Schroder, 28 [Yes, let me leave LeBron and AD in my prime to come to NY]

Rudy Gobert, 29 [So, we're going to max out Mitchell's doppleganger and give up on Mitchell and what he might yet become?]

Victor Oladipo, 29 [So, we're giving up on RJ to max out someone coming off a damn serious injury?]

Chris Paul, 36 [What is the over-under on CP3 opting out of the final $45 million year of his contract in 2021?]

Blake Griffin, 32 [Perhaps we could trade Obi, giver Blake Julius' money and pair Blake's knees with Amare's?]

DeMar DeRozan, 32 [Still has considerable gas left in the tank, but are we going to overpay for a lousy 3 point shooter whose presence undercuts RJ?]

Kyle Lowry, 35 [Forget about his age...well, don't, but why would he leave what is plainly HIS TEAM?]

Mike Conley, 34 [Hmmm...would he accept Elfrid Payton money? Do we really want to undercut Immanuel so quickly?]

Andre Drummond, 28 [Pretty awful FT shooter, but appears to be in great shape and have considerable game left in his tank.  HE WILL EXPECT BIG FUCKING MONEY]

Lou Williams, 35 [Love Sweet Lou, but kinda late in the game]

TJ Warren, 28 [Well NOW, wouldn't that be ducky?]

PJ Tucker, 36 [Trevor Ariza 3.1?]

Tim Hardaway Jr, 29 [Thrice the charm?]

Kent Bazemore, 32

Will Barton, 30

Kelly Oubre, 25 [Hmmmm]

Marquese Chriss, 24

Alex Caruso, 27 [Even as a late bloomer, would the Lakers let him walk?]

Avery Bradley, 30 [Love him, but I would think that Miami is HOME]

Bobby Portis, 26 [I like Bobby, but file this under been there done that]

Enes Kanter, 29 [I like Bobby, but file this under been there done that]

Harry Giles, 23 [We shall see...something there]

Jabari Parker, 26 [What might've been...walking wounded]

Hassan Whiteside, 32 [We passed on him this year for the younger Noels]

Rudy Gay, 35 [Nice player, in the autum of an injury riddled career]

Joe Ingles, 34 [Drop dead shooter, getting on in years...if the price was right?]

Ish Smith, 32 [A pro's pro, but we are purportedly grooming Jared Harper, a younger version of the pocket point]

Am I being unduly negative? 

None of these seem either realistic nor tenable. 

Obviously I dig Kawhi and Jrue and Dennis, but they seem to have found a home. 

2022?

Steph Curry [Chuckle]

James Harden [CHUCKLE, Player Option]

John Wall, 32 [Player option]

Bradley Beal, 29 [$37 Million Player option...dream on]

Jusuf Nurkić, 28 [Why would he leave Portland?]

Marcus Smart, 28 [Would but that it were so]

Terry Rozier, 27

Aaron Gordon, 27

Ricky Rubio, 32 [Hmmmm...though I suspect Minny is home]

Depite Thibs' Prayer For A Needle Mover, Not Seeing Free Agency as the ticket for Leon Rose. 

The draft, trades....

Perhaps if Houston continues to shop Harden, a third or fourth team might be needed that has cap space.  Doubtful, but one never know, do one? 
Pages: 1 ... 1033 1034 [1035] 1036 1037 ... 1850