Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 556 557 [558] 559 560 ... 565

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 119223 times)

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #8355 on: April 26, 2024, 11:49:10 AM »

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/04/26/coal-fuel-future-decline-00153666

Coal decline continues, helped along by new regulations, the aging of remaining coal plants, and rapid growth of clean energy. 
The rapid growth of Natural gas has put coal as the odd man out, in the US.
Coal is expanding in Asia and developing countries.
The USA has the capacity to expand natural gas in Europe through LNG exportation.
Sadly Biden is delaying that day until we get leadership with brains.
US natural gas production has increased every year under Biden, increased above the levels of production under your idol even discounting the COVID year.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #8356 on: April 26, 2024, 12:01:05 PM »

Coal decline continues, helped along by new regulations, the aging of remaining coal plants, and rapid growth of clean energy. 
The USA has the capacity to expand natural gas in Europe through LNG exportation.
US natural gas production has increased every year under Biden,
So did natural grass.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #8357 on: April 26, 2024, 12:39:28 PM »

So did natural grass.

Lame!

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #8358 on: April 26, 2024, 04:34:57 PM »

Bambu, I am drinking Cabernet Sauvignon wine from Australia, the brand is Franzia, I paid $15 for a 5 Liter box, from a store named Von's. Normally I buy the wine from California, but Von's only had the Australian wine, and so I figured I would go ahead and support the Australians by buying some Australian wine. This would be good wine to sell in Alaska where wine is hard to get, they need to sell Franzia in Alaska. And the Mexicans would probably buy this wine. The Australian wine is good wine, and the people of Taiwan would love Franzia wine, and the Philippines, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

You buy our wine, Tony, ...the company makes a profit, pays taxes...and our govt uses those taxes to buy your war planes, your nuke subs, and hopefully soon nuke missiles from you. :)
Drink up!
Not too much though, alcohol can be bad news if not consumed in moderation.

Yes, always in moderation.

And it appears that the Franzia wine from Australia is very popular.

https://www.franzia.com/

And yes, when you buy our defense items then it creates jobs here, in the Antelope Valley, and in China Lake, and in Virginia, etc. But, defense is about making everyone safe and saving lives and promoting peace through strength, defense is not about making money, it is about making our people safe, and the children safe. When I helped to build a laboratory where they have worked on Missile Defense for decades then it was not about money, it was about stopping missiles and saving lives, and we have been able to stop missiles in Israel, etc, we have made a lot of progress on Missile Defense. Defense is not about money, and we are sending defense items to Ukraine for free. We want for you to be safe and happy.

Blessed are the peacemakers.

And I have been sending messages to Giorgia Meloni telling her that Italy needs to rise again in the region, and Athens, we need for Italy to rise to meet the needs of the 21st century. And we can work together as a team to improve the world. The United States can help to run the Western Hemisphere, and Rome and Athens can help to run the East. And China can help. And the Philippines, and Taiwan, etc. And Pope Francis is a great man of peace.

We need to stop Putin, he needs to be sent to Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, and we need to put in our allies to run Russia, we have friends in the Space Program, and in the Arts, etc, in Russia, and we need for our friends to rise and to take control of Russia and to send Putin to Cuba. We have the World Bank on our team, and we can make our allies and friends in Russia rich and powerful if they would rise and take control of Russia and send Putin to Guantanamo Bay. Money has power.

When Athens built their Empire they used money and a central banking system, they built their democracy using money. And they had brilliant smart people. And Jesus waited for Rome to come to power before Jesus came. And an education was valued in Rome, and they all studied the art of Rhetoric, etc. And then the Renaissance was great, we need to have another Renaissance. France and Spain can help, etc, as we advance peace and the arts, etc.

The weapons can keep us safe while we advance education and peace and the arts, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: April 26, 2024, 04:39:11 PM by FlyingVProd »

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8359 on: April 26, 2024, 05:20:48 PM »

Bambu, I am drinking Cabernet Sauvignon wine from Australia, the brand is Franzia, I paid $15 for a 5 Liter box, from a store named Von's. Normally I buy the wine from California, but Von's only had the Australian wine, and so I figured I would go ahead and support the Australians by buying some Australian wine. This would be good wine to sell in Alaska where wine is hard to get, they need to sell Franzia in Alaska. And the Mexicans would probably buy this wine. The Australian wine is good wine, and the people of Taiwan would love Franzia wine, and the Philippines, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

You buy our wine, Tony, ...the company makes a profit, pays taxes...and our govt uses those taxes to buy your war planes, your nuke subs, and hopefully soon nuke missiles from you. :)
Drink up!
Not too much though, alcohol can be bad news if not consumed in moderation.

Yes, always in moderation.

And it appears that the Franzia wine from Australia is very popular.

https://www.franzia.com/

And yes, when you buy our defense items then it creates jobs here, in the Antelope Valley, and in China Lake, and in Virginia, etc. But, defense is about making everyone safe and saving lives and promoting peace through strength, defense is not about making money, it is about making our people safe, and the children safe. When I helped to build a laboratory where they have worked on Missile Defense for decades then it was not about money, it was about stopping missiles and saving lives, and we have been able to stop missiles in Israel, etc, we have made a lot of progress on Missile Defense. Defense is not about money, and we are sending defense items to Ukraine for free. We want for you to be safe and happy.

Blessed are the peacemakers.
Clearly, it's meant to apply to all purveyors of dairy products.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8360 on: April 26, 2024, 05:41:21 PM »

Clearly, it's meant to apply to all purveyors of dairy products.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #8361 on: April 26, 2024, 05:42:47 PM »

So did natural grass.

Lame!

Red is naturally suspicious of anyone who can walk and chew gum at the same time. They are definitely not his kind of people.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #8362 on: April 27, 2024, 05:01:59 AM »

Bambu wants to be a real boy.

It just aint gonna happen no matter how hard or long he squeaks about it.

'boy'?
In what context?

As opposed to being a fucking blockhead, blockhead.

No one here believes you left your house.

No nukes for you.

Oh I left the house.
How do I know this?
On the long train journey to Sydney a woman in the seat behind me talked at the top of her voice the whole way, annoying my mind to a high degree.
Upon reaching the station in Sydney I looked at her as I departed the carriage.
Seemed like she could've had an intellectual impairment.

The seating was cramped for leg room, like sitting in 'cattle class' on a cheap airline flight (imagine flying from Sydney to LA/NY like that, it'd be horrible for me and very horrible for people taller than me).

The Stadium is not far from Bondi,... is the home of the Roosters, the red white and blue team that played and won in Vegas. Bondi/Eastern Suburbs, Jewish community central in Sydney.
Visible extra security at the stadium, regular police...also the boys in black, with very serious looking faces.

Home is more comfortable, but as Alice Paul said in "Iron Jawed Angels"..."When you're alone you can make any choice you want, ...but when someone loves you, you lose that right".

Also, gotta support Anzac Day ("all the way with LBJ" was a croc though)..."use it or lose it" and all that.
'Croc' = "nonsense, load of rubbish".

A band played 'Battle Hymn of The Republic' during the Anzac Day march/parade thru Sydney.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2024, 07:33:25 AM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #8363 on: April 27, 2024, 02:59:07 PM »

Giorgia Meloni

I am honoured to announce the participation of Pope Francis in the work of the G7. It is the first time that a Pontefice has participated in the work of the Group of Seven and this can only make Italy and the whole G7 shine.

-----------

The Pope is a good man of peace.

And may Rome rise again, bring back the Roman Empire, with the help of Athens, and bring peace and prosperity to the region, and let us have another Renaissance.

Salute,

Tony V.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #8364 on: April 27, 2024, 04:18:36 PM »

And may Rome rise again, bring back the Roman Empire, with the help of Athens...

Yeah, autocracy, internal strife and bloody feuds, slavery, corruption, animal cruelty, mentally ill or dimwitted rulers, open sewers, constant deadly fires or structure collapse in slum housing, suppression of socioeconomic growth, innovation and prosperity in Northern Europe, etc.  Yeah, that's the ticket!  And don't forget lead poisoning and vomitoriums!
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #8365 on: April 27, 2024, 05:55:06 PM »

And may Rome rise again, bring back the Roman Empire, with the help of Athens...

Yeah, autocracy, internal strife and bloody feuds, slavery, corruption, animal cruelty, mentally ill or dimwitted rulers, open sewers, constant deadly fires or structure collapse in slum housing, suppression of socioeconomic growth, innovation and prosperity in Northern Europe, etc.  Yeah, that's the ticket!  And don't forget lead poisoning and vomitoriums!
Biden is doing his part by bringing back slavery,

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #8366 on: April 27, 2024, 06:40:15 PM »

Still telling on yourself I see.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #8367 on: April 27, 2024, 06:51:38 PM »

The Romans invaded Britain in AD43, and ruled it until AD410.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2024, 06:59:39 PM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #8368 on: April 27, 2024, 07:07:43 PM »

Hadrian said, we're gonna build a big beautiful wall.  Make Brittania great again, keep out the Caledonian filth - rapists, whiskey addicts, bagpipe players destroying the peace of the countryside! 
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #8369 on: April 27, 2024, 07:21:36 PM »

What have the Romans ever done for us?

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 556 557 [558] 559 560 ... 565