Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3242 3243 [3244] 3245 3246 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1625752 times)

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #48645 on: August 28, 2020, 03:31:48 PM »

Joe just told Nancy to pound sand.
He will debate Trump.
Good for him
He understands staying in his basement was a sure losing strategy.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #48646 on: August 28, 2020, 03:46:33 PM »

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48647 on: August 28, 2020, 03:47:26 PM »

Lock him up!
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/08/28/house-democrats-announce-contempt-proceedings-against-mike-pompeo.html

The Democrat-led House Foreign Affairs Committee announced that it will launch proceedings to hold Secretary of State Mike Pompeo in contempt.

The contempt resolution against Pompeo is being drafted in response to the Cabinet official’s “ongoing refusal to comply” with a congressional subpoena and “his transparently political misuse of Department resources,” the committee said.

Chairman Eliot Engel, D-N.Y., said that Pompeo “has demonstrated alarming disregard for the laws and rules governing his own conduct and for the tools the constitution provides to prevent government corruption.”
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #48648 on: August 28, 2020, 04:03:52 PM »

So if Trump appears to be down going into the final week or two what will his Oct surprise be?  He saw how the Comey announcement shifted the ground and likely pushed him over in three very close states. 

Will Trump go with an indictment of Hunter Biden?
Or at minimum launching an investigation of Joe Biden or Hunter or ...?
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #48649 on: August 28, 2020, 04:05:45 PM »

Kiid is hoping that Rittenhouse is another George Zimmerman who became the friend he never had, a sort of mentor.  Kiid really had sympathy for Zimmerman.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #48650 on: August 28, 2020, 04:22:09 PM »

Want to live longer? Stay out of those Red States:
Since the mid-1980s, the gap among U.S. states in how long their residents live has widened, reversing decades of progress toward greater equality.

One group of states, mostly in the Northeast and the West, have seen average life expectancies rise relatively steadily, placing them on par with the wealthiest nations of Western Europe. Those states tend to have more stringent regulations.

By contrast, the life expectancy in states with more conservative health, labor and social policies — concentrated in the South and Appalachia — have stagnated in recent decades, according to the study, which adds to growing research on health and political disparities between states.

California has among the highest average life expectancies in the country, at 81.3 years. It also had the most liberal policies in the nation in 2014, the most recent year the study analyzed, according to the system the authors developed to rank states.

Although the study’s authors note that they can’t prove that state policies caused the gap in life expectancy, the correlation is a persistent one across multiple states and several decades.

“It’s disheartening to see another example of a missed opportunity by policymakers,” said David Radley, senior scientist at the nonprofit Commonwealth Fund who studies differences in state health policies and the effects on people’s health. Radley was not involved in Milbank report.

The new report may help shape efforts to rethink government policy in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic, which has exposed deep structural weaknesses in the U.S. as well as yawning gaps in many state safety nets.

The overarching conclusion is clear: States that have invested in their populations’ social and economic well-being by enacting more liberal policies over time tend to be the same states that have made considerable gains in life expectancy,” the study’s authors wrote.

https://www.latimes.com/politics/story/2020-08-03/longer-life-expectancy-blue-states-than-red-ones

Thank God, I don't live in some backwater like say, Kentucky or Ohio!
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

oilcan

« Reply #48651 on: August 28, 2020, 04:28:59 PM »

This was my favorite part of the hour....

Was that quote a JL Cauvin impression?   That guy is terrific.   

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #48652 on: August 28, 2020, 04:31:37 PM »

::)
Huh.

I found OPERATE FIREARM WHILE INTOXICATED far more damning.

In 2016 he was 13.

Or maybe 12. And already in trouble with booze and a gun. A kid who should never have been given that gun and dropped off in the middle of conflict.
Huh.

In 2016 he was 13.

Or maybe 12. And already in trouble with booze and a gun. A kid who should never have been given that gun and dropped off in the middle of conflict.

Exactly.
Total madness.

And irrelevant, perhaps, it turns out:
"Editor’s Note: Here is where we original (sic) posted criminal charges according to investigative reporting of Latino Empowerment Administrator Duane Bryght, but it has been pointed out that some or all of the criminal charges originally shared attributed to the Kenosha protest killer Kyle Rittenhouse actually belong to another Kyle Rittenhouse. Kyle Joseph Rittenhouse who is 31-years-old. The shooter is Kyle Howard Rittenhouse who is 17-years-old. We like to thank our readers for pointing that out to us so we can make the correction. While we pride ourselves on our research and facts we provide, it is equally important to correct what we may have occasionally gotten wrong."

Heh

Fucking ma-roons.

Fuck what he did or didn’t do in his past.

He shot three and killed two.

Fuck him.

He’s a murderer.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #48653 on: August 28, 2020, 04:34:11 PM »

Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

oilcan

« Reply #48654 on: August 28, 2020, 04:36:30 PM »

Men coming AT the kid with the gun.

Because he had already shot someone.

If pesky facts start to interfere with Kid's narrative, he'll switch to "we must let the courts decide.    Due process! " 

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #48655 on: August 28, 2020, 04:43:15 PM »

Huh.

In 2016 he was 13.

Huh.

In 2016 he was 13.

Exactly.
Total madness.

And irrelevant, perhaps, it turns out:
"Editor’s Note: Here is where we original (sic) posted criminal charges according to investigative reporting of Latino Empowerment Administrator Duane Bryght, but it has been pointed out that some or all of the criminal charges originally shared attributed to the Kenosha protest killer Kyle Rittenhouse actually belong to another Kyle Rittenhouse. Kyle Joseph Rittenhouse who is 31-years-old. The shooter is Kyle Howard Rittenhouse who is 17-years-old. We like to thank our readers for pointing that out to us so we can make the correction. While we pride ourselves on our research and facts we provide, it is equally important to correct what we may have occasionally gotten wrong."

What was he doing with an assault rifle at 17?
A gun at all?
Is that legal?
Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #48656 on: August 28, 2020, 04:47:03 PM »

Want to live longer? Stay out of those Red States:
Since the mid-1980s, the gap among U.S. states in how long their residents live has widened, reversing decades of progress toward greater equality.

One group of states, mostly in the Northeast and the West, have seen average life expectancies rise relatively steadily, placing them on par with the wealthiest nations of Western Europe. Those states tend to have more stringent regulations.

By contrast, the life expectancy in states with more conservative health, labor and social policies — concentrated in the South and Appalachia — have stagnated in recent decades, according to the study, which adds to growing research on health and political disparities between states.

California has among the highest average life expectancies in the country, at 81.3 years. It also had the most liberal policies in the nation in 2014, the most recent year the study analyzed, according to the system the authors developed to rank states.

Although the study’s authors note that they can’t prove that state policies caused the gap in life expectancy, the correlation is a persistent one across multiple states and several decades.

“It’s disheartening to see another example of a missed opportunity by policymakers,” said David Radley, senior scientist at the nonprofit Commonwealth Fund who studies differences in state health policies and the effects on people’s health. Radley was not involved in Milbank report.

The new report may help shape efforts to rethink government policy in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic, which has exposed deep structural weaknesses in the U.S. as well as yawning gaps in many state safety nets.

The overarching conclusion is clear: States that have invested in their populations’ social and economic well-being by enacting more liberal policies over time tend to be the same states that have made considerable gains in life expectancy,” the study’s authors wrote.

https://www.latimes.com/politics/story/2020-08-03/longer-life-expectancy-blue-states-than-red-ones

Thank God, I don't live in some backwater like say, Kentucky or Ohio!

The 'Kentucky Waltz' is nice, very romantic.
Go woke, go broke.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #48657 on: August 28, 2020, 04:47:12 PM »

Kiid is hoping that Rittenhouse is another George Zimmerman who became the friend he never had, a sort of mentor.  Kiid really had sympathy for Zimmerman.

It simply wasnt my position to judge Zimmerman.  You and many others here made it yours.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #48658 on: August 28, 2020, 04:48:57 PM »

What was he doing with an assault rifle at 17?
A gun at all?
Is that legal?

I dont know - but under different circumstance he carries that AR all night and nothing ever happens with it.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #48659 on: August 28, 2020, 05:03:44 PM »

This was my favorite part of the hour....

Was that quote a JL Cauvin impression?   That guy is terrific.

No, that was Trump's speech. I edited it and added the commentary.

So, in this case, i get any credit or fault that applies.
Pages: 1 ... 3242 3243 [3244] 3245 3246 ... 4288