Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 2689 2690 [2691] 2692 2693 ... 2729

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 503162 times)

Yankguy1

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #40350 on: April 01, 2024, 01:15:13 PM »

I wonder how many Christians are so insecure in the faith that they require validation and well-wishes from the secular President of the United States.  And feel that the failure of the President to extend the type of greeting that Red and the "Catholic Bishop of DC" (let's hope this one, at least, is a decent human being) apparently demand thereby constitutes an insult.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40351 on: April 01, 2024, 01:24:29 PM »

So according to the Catholic Bishop of D.C. Joe Biden can aptly be described as a Cafeteria Catholic .

That explains the White House rules that any entry entered in the Easter Egg Design competition be
void of religious symbols.

On the holiest Christian day of the year for those who comprise 70 per cent of his constituency.?
Oh, and about that? Religious symbols and themes were banned from the Easter egg contest under Trump as well. And, as it turns out, Obama. And Bush Ii. And Clinton. And Bush I. And Reagan.

"Emily Metz, president and CEO of the American Egg Board, a group that supports the White House Egg Roll, said in a statement, "The American Egg Board has been a supporter of the White House Easter Egg Roll for over 45 years and the guideline language referenced in recent news reports has consistently applied to the board since its founding, across administrations."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna145771
on the holiest Christian day of the year for those who comprise 70 per cent of his constituency.,?
Trump. Bush. The other Bush. Reagan. Did the right wing web site that created your artificial outrage ask that question of them you hypocrite?
I am sure Hairy does not understand the meaning of hypocrite.
I am sure the right wing web sites that created an outrage over a consistent 45 year policy do, and do not care. As long as they can manufacture outrage to keep Trump lovers like you riled up, they do not care for consistency or intellectual honesty.
I am sure Hairy  not understand the meaning of intellectual honest either
Of course I do. It is what you are not. You PROVEN LIAR.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #40352 on: April 01, 2024, 01:35:40 PM »

I wonder how many Christians are so insecure in the faith that they require validation and well-wishes from the secular President of the United States.  And feel that the failure of the President to extend the type of greeting that Red and the "Catholic Bishop of DC" (let's hope this one, at least, is a decent human being) apparently demand thereby constitutes an insult.
Bishop Gregory's statement has nothing to do with that particular tempest in the teapot of RedDick's, I am going to say brain. The question was about Biden's faith, generally. Notably RedDick does not mention the first part of Bishop Gregory's statement:

"I would say that he's very sincere about his faith. But like a number of Catholics, he picks and chooses dimensions of the faith to highlight while ignoring or even contradicting other parts," Gregory said. "There is a phrase that we have used in the past, a 'cafeteria Catholic' - you choose that which is attractive and dismiss that which is challenging."

My only objection to that statement is it tends to be used only in specific instances, usually abortion, when it is in fact closer to universal. Catholic doctrine is hard to live fully, and we all fail at it. But then, if that were not the case, the last three days would be meaningless.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #40353 on: April 01, 2024, 01:56:10 PM »

Why do you care?

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #40354 on: April 01, 2024, 02:14:57 PM »

I asked you first.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #40355 on: April 01, 2024, 02:16:56 PM »

So according to the Catholic Bishop of D.C. Joe Biden can aptly be described as a Cafeteria Catholic .

That explains the White House rules that any entry entered in the Easter Egg Design competition be

On the holiest Christian day of the year for those who comprise 70 per cent of his constituency.?
Oh, and about that? Religious symbols and themes were banned from the Easter egg contest under Trump as well. And, as it turns out, Obama. And Bush Ii. And Clinton. And Bush I. And Reagan.

"Emily Metz, president and CEO of the American Egg Board, a group that supports the White House Egg Roll, said in a statement, "The American Egg Board has been a supporter of the White House Easter Egg Roll for over 45 years and the guideline language referenced in recent news reports has consistently applied to the board since its founding, across administrations."

on the holiest Christian day of the year for those who comprise 70 per cent of his constituency.,?

Not the holiest day of the year. The White House Easter Egg Roll takes place on the Monday after Resurrection Sunday.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40356 on: April 01, 2024, 02:58:49 PM »

Red is never one to let facts get in the way of a cheap smear.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40357 on: April 01, 2024, 03:02:56 PM »

Will the Texas war on doctors and healthcare providers hamper their ability to contain the outbreak of avian flu among humans reported in that state?
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #40358 on: April 01, 2024, 03:24:33 PM »

Meanwhile, the Biden Administration continues its war on fossil fuels:

The U.S. Is Now The World's Top Exporter Of Liquefied Natural Gas
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/us-lng-exports-natural-gas_n_660aea66e4b007c08f9e6c36
« Last Edit: April 01, 2024, 03:49:53 PM by Hairy Lime »

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #40359 on: April 01, 2024, 03:30:55 PM »

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #40360 on: April 01, 2024, 03:36:20 PM »

Not the holiest day of the year. The White House Easter Egg Roll takes place on the Monday after Resurrection Sunday.
So it has no connection to Easter?

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #40361 on: April 01, 2024, 03:40:49 PM »

It is a holiday in some countries, like Poland. But it is not anywhere "the holiest Christian day of the year." You craven intellectually dishonest PROVEN LIAR.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #40362 on: April 01, 2024, 03:52:29 PM »

It is a holiday in some countries, like Poland. But it is not anywhere "the holiest Christian day of the year." You craven intellectually dishonest PROVEN LIAR.
LOL!
You embarrass yourself.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #40363 on: April 01, 2024, 03:59:35 PM »

LOL!
You embarrass yourself.
I guess the Tuesday after Easter would be the second holiest Christian day of the year under the RedDick method of determing holiness by proximity to actual holy days. You craven intellectually dishonest PROVEN LIAR.

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #40364 on: April 01, 2024, 04:11:35 PM »

No I love the Latinos except for illegal aliens and sociopaths. I am especially fond of eastern Europeans but not as illegal aliens. No I do not want religious terrorists of any type. Dont blow up my landmark buildings or shoot up my concerts. Keep that whaco suicidal Sharia stuff over there. 9-11 is all you need to know or how about the Boston bombathon. Have to give Donald credit for cleaning up that mess. Used to have what seemed like one mass religious killing a month under Bush and Obama. Now it is mainly home grown psychopaths.

Liberal elites are still trying to paint anyone opposed to mass immigration as a racist. Amazing the walls are collapsing around them. The mayors of sanctuary cities are crying for help. Border governors are calling up the troops.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.
Pages: 1 ... 2689 2690 [2691] 2692 2693 ... 2729