Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 557 558 [559] 560 561 ... 569

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 120019 times)

bambu.

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #8370 on: April 27, 2024, 07:24:03 PM »

Hadrian said, we're gonna build a big beautiful wall.  Make Brittania great again, keep out the Caledonian filth - rapists, whiskey addicts, bagpipe players destroying the peace of the countryside!

Billy Connolly:

"The emperor Hadrian...was(spoken in hushed tones) ...bi-sexual, had a husband and a wife.
I've never looked at him as being a gay bricklayer before! "
Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #8371 on: April 27, 2024, 07:25:45 PM »

What have the Romans ever done for us?

Sandals.
Go woke, go broke.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8372 on: April 27, 2024, 08:08:30 PM »

All right, but apart from the sanitation, medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh water system and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?

Brought peace?

Oh, peace. Shut up.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #8373 on: April 27, 2024, 08:09:26 PM »

Still telling on yourself I see.
Really, he is not even trying anymore.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #8374 on: April 27, 2024, 09:31:54 PM »

Billy Connolly, standing atop Hadrian's wall, showed viewers of his video tour of UK and Ireland, ...how straight the edge of Hadrian's wall was/is..."and this was 2000 years ago!"
Go woke, go broke.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8375 on: April 27, 2024, 09:32:28 PM »

All right, but apart from the sanitation, medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh water system and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?

Brought peace?

Oh, peace. Shut up.

I am just a poor old man. I have no time for law-breakers. My legs are grey. My ears are gnarled. My eyes are old and bent.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #8376 on: April 28, 2024, 05:16:39 AM »

Currently...

'I wanna kill':
Inside the alleged Islamic teen plot to unleash terror

A group of Sydney teens are accused of describing themselves as "soldiers of Allah", speaking of their excitement to "die and kill", planning to obtain guns and listing Jewish people as targets while organising a terror attack in the days following the Wakeley Church stabbing, the Daily Telegraph can reveal.

#####

Well there you go.

« Last Edit: April 28, 2024, 05:24:19 AM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #8377 on: April 28, 2024, 10:42:55 AM »

Not the bad part of the Roman Empire, but rather all of the good stuff, minus the bad. And they can bring peace to that part of the world, and the USA can bring peace to this part of the world. And we have the United Nations and China is in the Permanent 5 Members of the Security Council, with England, France, USA, and unfortunately Russia, we need to replace the leadership in Russia.

Give me a trillion dollars and let me go to Russia, and let me see what I can do. I bet I can put in a whole new government and send Putin to Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. Athens built a whole empire with money, money has power. There are good, kind, smart, loyal people in Russia who we can help to elevate to positions of power in Russia. I could start out by going to the Russian Tea Room in New York City and getting them to educate me about Russia and getting help from them. I studied Stanislavski, and I read Anton Chekhov and I seen Uncle Vanya performed live at the AADA, and I studied Michael Chekhov, and I read Isaac Asimov, and I know we were allied with Russia against the Nazis. And when Russia got their freedom they had a big Rock concert in Moscow, they love American Rock and Roll. Metallica has a lot of power in Russia. Michael Douglas might have some Russian friends.

Of note, we need to have people rising on their merits, instead of just nepotism and thugs. The reason Boeing is shit now is because of nepotism and thugs. With a company like Boeing you need to hire qualified people based on their merits, not your son. The whole USA is going down because people want to be thugs instead of going to college and training, etc. And the foreigners are all becoming doctors, while 25% of the adults in Kentucky cannot even read. What the fuck kind of life are you going to have if you cannot even read? And we need to stop paying border patrol and cops such high wages, we need to pay the teachers more and the cops less, and we need trained people for mental illness, etc. Right now we are training people to help the homeless and that is great, and Mayor Bass is paying the Social Workers $75,000 per year to help the homeless. San Diego State University is the best at training Psychiatrists. We need Social Workers and Teachers.

On the issue of USC, that whole neighborhood is full of people from El Salvador, all around Lafayette Park, etc, that whole area is full of people from El Salvador. So that whole area is Catholic.

Biden wants to educate Americans, and we need to do that, we need to educate our people, anyone who is against educating our people does not have our best interest at heart. The fucking coal mining jobs are not coming back, and we need doctors and psychiatrists and teachers, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

Walter Sobchak

• View Profile
« Reply #8378 on: April 28, 2024, 09:37:25 PM »

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2024/apr/28/trump-vice-president-contender-kristi-noem-defends-killing-dog

I hated that dog, Noem writes, adding that Cricket tried to bite her, proving herself untrainable, dangerous to anyone she came in contact with and less than worthless....

Noem seems to me dangerous to those she comes in contact with, untrainable, and worthless as a governor.   But I would still prefer to take her to a shelter, see if she could placed with sympathetic caregivers.  And a muzzle might help.

Walter Sobchak

• View Profile
« Reply #8379 on: April 28, 2024, 09:39:49 PM »

I know from my own experience caring for a Pomeranian that there are no bad dogs, only bad owners. 

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #8380 on: April 29, 2024, 09:11:08 AM »

I know from my own experience caring for a Pomeranian that there are no bad dogs, only bad owners.
Your whole existence is a bad imitation of Walter Mitty.
You are more to be pitied than censured.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #8381 on: April 29, 2024, 11:23:58 AM »

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2024/apr/28/trump-vice-president-contender-kristi-noem-defends-killing-dog

I hated that dog, Noem writes, adding that Cricket tried to bite her, proving herself untrainable, dangerous to anyone she came in contact with and less than worthless....

Noem seems to me dangerous to those she comes in contact with, untrainable, and worthless as a governor.   But I would still prefer to take her to a shelter, see if she could placed with sympathetic caregivers.  And a muzzle might help.
One horrible thing is Noem's belief that she belongs to a party and supports a Presidential candidate where shooting a dog helps her politically. But the worst thing is, she is right.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #8382 on: April 29, 2024, 11:31:09 AM »

Holding Court

gradycartoons.com

Ha! Nailed,it!

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #8383 on: April 29, 2024, 11:33:54 AM »

Where is Cricket, String? Where is the pup?

IYKYK

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #8384 on: April 29, 2024, 11:43:18 AM »

Where is Cricket, String? Where is the pup?

IYKYK
Noem thinks Old Yeller had an uplifting ending.
Pages: 1 ... 557 558 [559] 560 561 ... 569