Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all the Bowl games be played this year?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:05:59 PM

Pages: 1 ... 310 311 [312] 313 314 ... 329

Author Topic: College Football  (Read 260284 times)

bosox26d

• View Profile
Re: College Football
« Reply #4665 on: September 30, 2022, 10:22:10 PM »

What a great name the Houston kicker has. Bubba Baxa

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #4666 on: October 01, 2022, 08:46:56 PM »

Georgia looking like they don't know their ass from a hole in the ground.
What do farmers and the media have in common?
They both spend a lot of time spreading shit.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4667 on: October 02, 2022, 07:57:49 PM »

I think next week we come out of the fourth quarter ahead 7 - 0. The first three quarter are what I worry about.

Holy Chryst! I would have thought he had a little more time than 5 games into his first real bad season.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #4668 on: October 02, 2022, 08:45:17 PM »

That
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4669 on: October 03, 2022, 09:32:12 AM »

I sense there was supposed to be more.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #4670 on: October 03, 2022, 11:37:25 AM »

I meant to write "that was a terrible firing."
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4671 on: October 03, 2022, 12:19:08 PM »

Three NY 6 bowls in 7 years, finished first or second in the Increasingly Inaccurately Named Big Ten West every year except the COVID year, 6 and 1 in bowl games. I know Wisky has been pretty good through three coaching regimes now, but Jesus, are their expectations THAT high?

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4672 on: October 03, 2022, 02:13:18 PM »

Three NY 6 bowls in 7 years, finished first or second in the Increasingly Inaccurately Named Big Ten West every year except the COVID year, 6 and 1 in bowl games. I know Wisky has been pretty good through three coaching regimes now, but Jesus, are their expectations THAT high?

That coach looked totally lost on the sidelines, his staff must have been doing all
the real coaching.
Well, if so, that model has worked very well for seven years.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4673 on: October 04, 2022, 04:39:11 PM »

EVENTUAL 2022 2023 2023 2024 NATIONAL CHAMPION MICHIGAN STATE UNVERSITY 31, The Ohio State 25

Truthfully, I am just hoping to make them punt some time during the first three quarters. I figured we would have some defensive issues, but the startling absence of hap on offense has been unexpected. Anyway, for a somewhat more rational pick, reverse those numbers.

Methchicken 31, Indiana 17

Winning at Iowa was a decent achievement, but Iowa offensively is putrid and offensively Meatchicken spent much of the game sputtering. I am still not sure how good they are, and probably will wait and see until, well, next week. For now, I think Indiana is not a major hurdle.

Kansas 27, Christians from the State of Texas 21

Kansas is a great story. They have sucked at football for a long time, across multiple coaches. The last time they won more than five games, also the last time they won a bowl game, was during the George W. Bush administration. Yes, I think Kansas pretty much tops out at bowl eligible, and TCU is coming off a game in which they treated Oklahoma like it was the Tarleton State, but I will ride with the Jayhawks.

the Brigham Young 27, Our Lady of the Perpetual Tie 21

OLotPT may have righted the ship, well, enough to beat North Carolina. Meanwhile, BYU has not been all that against some meh teams the last couple of weeks. Am I picking BYU because of my hatred for OLotPT? No, but I really cannot present contrary evidence you if you choose to think so.

CelmSIN 27, Boston College 21

I keep getting the feeling, while watching CelmSIN, that they are a house of cards waiting to tumble. But they do keep winning. I think next weeks Florida State game will be an interesting watch.

Tteenneessee 34, the Louisiana State 27

Fightin Hendon Hooker is the man! By the way, if you are trying to remember his first name, I do NOT recommend typing Tennessee Hooker into your search engine

the Mississippi State 24, Arkansas 23

I expected more of Arkansas, but K J Jefferson has not been the dynamic two way guy I thought he would be, and their defense gave Alabama the runs. Or let them run. Something like that. I have an endemic mistrust of Mississippi schools, but they have been playing well.

Georgia 35, Auburn 10

I do not read too much into the last couple of Georgia wins, neither of which was anywhere near as dominating as you would expect. I keep reading Harsin is on the hot seat, five games into his second year. Triggers are getting pulled to quickly.

the Oklahoma State 35, Texas Technological Institute 27

True interesting fact: counting Saturday, four of TTU 5 opponents have been ranked at the time they played them. Lower case the Oklahoma State is the fifth. The look like the class of the PurePrairie League to me, although admittedly my eyes glaze over every time I turn to one of their games.

[]b]Utah 42, University of California * 21[/b]

Sure, UCLA has a clean sweep of the Alabama teams that suck, but they beat a pretty solid Washington team. Part of me would love to see them and USC clash unbeaten in the last game of the year with the Rose Bowl, or playoffs, at stake. But then, for reasons that defy any rational argument, that is not the last game of the season anymore. WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH CFB? Anyway, I was thinking that USC was the last hope for the PAWCP to make the playoffs, but with Oklahoma tanking, there is a pretty good possibility that more than one one loss team could sneak in. I had Utah in the playoffs at the start of the year, so a win here keeps them in the picture.     

University of California * 38, the Washington State 21

That defense has not looked quite so wretched the last two games. Wazzou gacked up a win against Oregon, but otherwise has been pretty good defensively. Could be a pretty good game. It is at USC, and I think the Cougars will miss the bright lights and constant 24 7 action of Pullman.

Alabama 42, Texas Agriculture and Military College 14

Remember when everyone but me had TAMU in their Top 5? Seems like more than a month ago, does it not?

Texas 31, Oklahoma 17

Putting this one on for old times sake. I saw some of the OU game last Saturday. That was the type of beatdown I would never have expected from an OU team. Maybe Venable is a victim of the Peter Principle.

* at Los Angeles

** Southern

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4674 on: October 08, 2022, 02:58:38 PM »

6 team moneyline parlay today

Georgia
Ohio St
Bama
Clemson
UCLA
Notre Dame

100 wins 323
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #4675 on: October 08, 2022, 03:43:18 PM »

Tennessee really pasted LSU. Vol offense is daaaaaangerous.

Mike Leach, the guy many disdain, has another offensive squad to be reckoned with.

Texas has a field day against Oklahoma Tech.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #4676 on: October 08, 2022, 07:33:54 PM »

No patsy jokes here.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #4677 on: October 08, 2022, 09:51:05 PM »

Saban needs Young against Tennessee.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4678 on: October 09, 2022, 09:38:39 AM »

I think next week we come out of the fourth quarter ahead 7 - 0. The first three quarter are what I worry about.
Ahem. At least I got one pick smack on.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #4679 on: October 09, 2022, 07:30:55 PM »

Micah Parsons. The Giants could have had him, but NOOOOooooooo.

Idiots. Morons. Assho...
Pages: 1 ... 310 311 [312] 313 314 ... 329