Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 902 903 [904] 905 906 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1619460 times)

barton

Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #13545 on: May 08, 2019, 04:09:50 PM »

Wasnt the CEO of Chick a Fellate the guy who said gay people were an offense to God and his family donated tons of money to antiLGBT causes?   I think his smugly righteous and hateful comments are what really disgusts God.  That, and anyone who uses God as a cover for being a bigot.  Fuck them.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #13546 on: May 08, 2019, 05:11:40 PM »

Wasnt the CEO of Chick a Fellate the guy who said gay people were an offense to God and his family donated tons of money to antiLGBT causes?   I think his smugly righteous and hateful comments are what really disgusts God.  That, and anyone who uses God as a cover for being a bigot.  Fuck them.
You’ll have to put your paraphrased quote into some sort of context.
Dan Cathy the head of Chik-fil-a opposes gay marriage and drew controversy for that.
The company supports a number of legal organizations that LBGT supporters dont but that is “ hardly hateful or smugly righteous”. We are all entitled to our opinions. (See Obama Campaign 2008 )
Widespread opposition to Cathy’s comments( including calls to ban his restaurants) drew scorn from the left and right and the Company saw revenues increase 12 per cent in the aftermath.
I don’t recall Cathy saying anything close to you alleged comment.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #13547 on: May 08, 2019, 05:32:33 PM »

Dan Cathy the head of Chik-fil-a opposes gay marriage and drew controversy for that.
The company supports a number of legal organizations that LBGT supporters dont but that is “ hardly hateful or smugly righteous”. We are all entitled to our opinions. (See Obama Campaign 2008 )
Widespread opposition to Cathy’s comments( including calls to ban his restaurants) drew scorn from the left and right and the Company saw revenues increase 12 per cent in the aftermath.
I don’t recall Cathy saying anything close to you alleged comment.

Also need to use judgment on what constitutes an “anti-LGBT” group. Does giving to the Salvation Army make someone a bigot?  Other organizations they give to, maybe. But I can imagine it being quite easy to paint a cause with a religious mission as “anti-gay” while people who give to that cause having no intention of supporting that part of the message.

BTW, I’m with LarryBnDC. Just saying.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #13548 on: May 08, 2019, 05:36:50 PM »

So the Senate wants to talk to Don Jr. again about Trump Campaign contacts with Russia.

The Senate.

Huh.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13549 on: May 08, 2019, 05:57:47 PM »

They make really bad food. Their chicken is really terrible. Nothing else on their menu is much better. Hard to say if this is due to the CEO’s terrible misreading of scripture.

Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

arafura

• View Profile
« Reply #13550 on: May 08, 2019, 06:28:55 PM »

They make really bad food. Their chicken is really terrible. Nothing else on their menu is much better. Hard to say if this is due to the CEO’s terrible misreading of scripture.

The large chips/fries for $2 was a good promotion.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #13551 on: May 08, 2019, 06:41:22 PM »

So the Senate wants to talk to Don Jr. again about Trump Campaign contacts with Russia.

The Senate.

Huh.

He’ll probably plea poverty or the fifth.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

arafura

• View Profile
« Reply #13552 on: May 08, 2019, 06:46:11 PM »

https://www.newsmax.com/finance/economy/china-investment-us-mistrust/2019/05/08/id/915058/

China's Investment in US Drops 83% Amid Growing Mistrust

Chinese direct investment in the United States dropped 83% last year, pushed down by growing mistrust between the world's two biggest economies.

In a report out Wednesday, the Rhodium Group research firm said that China sank $5 billion last year into direct investments in America, down from $29 billion in 2017 and a record $46 billion in 2016. Direct investments include things like putting up factories, not financial investments like buying stocks.

#####

China's buying up the 'Christian' West seems to be slowing.
A good thing, many people seem to be saying.

https://sydney.edu.au/news-opinion/news/2019/04/08/chinese-investment-in-australia-falls-by-36-3-percent-in-2018.html

Chinese investment in Australia falls by 36.3 percent in 2018

Chinese investment in Australia fell by 36.3 percent or $8.2 billion in 2018, according to a new report by KPMG and the University of Sydney Business School.

The jointly produced Demystifying Chinese Investment in Australia report says that while Chinese businesses still see Australia as a “relatively attractive country in which to invest”, they are finding it harder to move money out of China.

#####

A good thing, many people seem to be saying.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #13553 on: May 08, 2019, 07:03:39 PM »

There are a lot of voices in your head though none seem very well informed about anything.

On their way to murdering democracy the republicans have killed off the American farm.

http://www.salon.com/2019/05/07/trump-economists-quit-en-masse-after-reports-showing-farmers-hurt-by-tariffs/

Richard P. Feynman

barton

« Reply #13554 on: May 08, 2019, 07:51:36 PM »

Like you've done when asked...almost never.

I think we are inviting God's judgment on our nation when we shake our fist at Him and say, "We know better than you as to what constitutes a marriage". I pray God's mercy on our generation that has such a prideful, arrogant attitude to think that we have the audacity to define what marriage is about. 
- Dan Cathy, June 16, 2012, on the Ken Coleman Show.

"We are very much supportive of the family — the biblical definition of the family unit. We are a family-owned business, a family-led business, and we are married to our first wives. We give God thanks for that....

- DC, July 2, 2012, interview with Biblical Recorder

Pretty clear.  God's judgment will rain down upon those who expand the legal definition of marriage.  They will be punished for arrogance and pride.  A family is only what is defined in the Bible.  Also, several news outlets found tax records showing the company had donated money to groups dedicated to "conversion" of gays to heterosexuality and fighting the legalization of gay marriage. 

So, um, gonna stick with my original attribution.  The Cathy's have their first amendment rights to say whatever, but I don't plan to give them my business. 

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #13555 on: May 08, 2019, 08:30:41 PM »

Like you've done when asked...almost never.
Still. O context.

I think we are inviting God's judgment on our nation when we shake our fist at Him and say, "We know better than you as to what constitutes a marriage". I pray God's mercy on our generation that has such a prideful, arrogant attitude to think that we have the audacity to define what marriage is about. 
“We?”

- Dan Cathy, June 16, 2012, on the Ken Coleman Show.

"We are very much supportive of the family — the biblical definition of the family unit. We are a family-owned business, a family-led business, and we are married to our first wives. We give God thanks for that....

- DC, July 2, 2012, interview with Biblical Recorder

Pretty clear.  God's judgment will rain down upon those who expand the legal definition of marriage.  They will be punished for arrogance and pride.  A family is only what is defined in the Bible.  Also, several news outlets found tax records showing the company had donated money to groups dedicated to "conversion" of gays to heterosexuality and fighting the legalization of gay marriage. 
LOL.
Is that your attitude towards everyone who sees things differently than you?
So, um, gonna stick with my original attribution.  The Cathy's have their first amendment rights to say whatever, but I don't plan to give them my business.
Your choice. But you can’t verify your original post which says a lot more about you than Dan Cathy.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 08:58:52 PM by REDSTATEWARD »

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #13556 on: May 08, 2019, 08:32:11 PM »

The Senate.

Huh.

He’ll probably plea poverty or the fifth.

The ship be sinking.

Burr is retiring. He’s opening the seacocks and jumping ship. He’s hoping for a favorable nod from history but nah...

NC GOP is such a corrupt septic tank of an organization no one is coming out of that shitstorm smelling good.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13557 on: May 08, 2019, 08:57:11 PM »

You are stepping out of your zone, Barton.  Just be yourself.  You are accepted here.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #13558 on: May 08, 2019, 09:10:20 PM »

You are stepping out of your zone, Barton.  Just be yourself.  You are accepted here.

Barton is right over the plate, belt high. It’s clear to all but smuggly righteous and hateful hypocrites.

Richard P. Feynman

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 902 903 [904] 905 906 ... 4288