Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all the Bowl games be played this year?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:05:59 PM

Pages: 1 ... 275 276 [277] 278 279 ... 329

Author Topic: College Football  (Read 264513 times)

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
Re: College Football
« Reply #4140 on: September 10, 2021, 03:21:41 PM »

Yep.
What do farmers and the media have in common?
They both spend a lot of time spreading shit.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #4141 on: September 10, 2021, 06:46:03 PM »

This'll change college basketball a little too.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #4142 on: September 11, 2021, 02:46:46 PM »

Good no call in the endzone. WR trying to stop to get the DB to run him over. Ref wasn't havin it.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #4143 on: September 11, 2021, 03:15:17 PM »

OSU DC unable or unwilling to adjust his set to account for that sideline running play where the TE blocks the LB. It's killing them.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #4144 on: September 11, 2021, 03:47:56 PM »

Love the classy OSU fan giving the Duck player the double bird. LOL

bosox26d

• View Profile
« Reply #4145 on: September 11, 2021, 04:10:06 PM »

It's a BEAUTIFUL day in Columbus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #4146 on: September 11, 2021, 04:21:49 PM »

Sun is shinin, birds are chirping. :-)

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4147 on: September 12, 2021, 08:25:24 AM »

One good thing about the losing; at least we know bosox is not dead.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #4148 on: September 12, 2021, 12:59:19 PM »

I hope one of Jim's friends here looked in on him and maybe brought him a cup of soup and sandwich. I'd stay away from Duck soup at least for a week or so.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #4149 on: September 12, 2021, 04:26:06 PM »

"Gentlemen, Chicolini here may talk like an idiot, and look like an idiot. But don't let that fool you: he really is an idiot."

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #4150 on: September 13, 2021, 12:40:05 PM »

"Gentlemen, Chicolini here may talk like an idiot, and look like an idiot. But don't let that fool you: he really is an idiot."

You're quacking me up, cap.

Hooray for Captain Cargo
The Elbanese Predictor
Does a nice job picking victors

Hooray
Hooray
Hooray

HEH

How's it goin cap?

I understand there's Duck running amok in Columbus

Buckeyes can't quite catch them.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4151 on: September 13, 2021, 09:45:28 PM »

Helton didn't even make the tarmac.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4152 on: September 14, 2021, 10:38:10 AM »

You're quacking me up, cap.

Hooray for Captain Cargo
The Elbanese Predictor
Does a nice job picking victors

Hooray
Hooray
Hooray

HEH

How's it goin cap?

I understand there's Duck running amok in Columbus

Buckeyes can't quite catch them.

The Captain is a National Treasure!  No ifs, maybes,  or Nuts about it!
So he is not one but two really really stupid movies?

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4153 on: September 14, 2021, 02:33:23 PM »

Some interesting matchups both in conference and OOC. A Gods Conference team actuality heads north. Miracles do happen!

EVENTUAL 2021-2022 NATIONAL CHAMPION MICHIGAN STATE 27, University of Miami 18

We made it through the cupcake with predictable ease, even though we had the foot off the gas in the second half, and Eventual 2021 Heisman Trophy Winner Kenneth Walker III had limited carries. Thorne looks like he can handle the QB position as a game manager, although he really has not been forced to throw a lot of passes yet.  True interesting fact: MSUs first play from scrimmage, two consecutive weeks resulted in a 75 yard touchdown. If we can keep that up, we will be fine. Anyway, a step up in class from Ytown, though the U has been dusted by Alabama, of course no shame there, and squeaked by App State, which is an issue. The game is in Miami, but this is not your fathers U team.  Or rather, since I at least am old enough that my fathers Miami teams were pre-Schnellenberger, this is not your childrens fathers U team.  I hate that apostrophes are so problematic that I am forced to eschew them.

Alabama 49, Florida 27

The great thing about both the and ClemSIN losing early season Power 4 matchups is that we might get some new blood into the Playoffs.  Now if we can get Alabama to lose an early season game. Nope. Just checked. They are still Alabama and Satan is still their coach. Damn.

the Pennsylvania State University 17, Auburn 13

This should be a really good game. I have not seen anything of the the PSU offense that makes me think they can score a lot of points against a good defense, but I do like their defense, and Bo Nix is Bo Nix.  Away from Jordan Hare he is dreadful, and the game is in Happy Valley.  I have changed the winner three times on this already.

the 42, Tulsa 28

I think the the offense just needs some reps to smooth out wrinkles, but boy that defense looked both out of position and poorly led.  The lack of adjustments was shocking.  The should handle Tulsa fairly well, but the has given up 35 or more points in three consecutive games, and there are already calls for the DCs head.  The still has some quality games on their schedule and can make the playoffs if they run the table, but the will not run the table unless the defense gets fixed.

Oklahoma 45, Nebraska 20

All day with my dad, OSU v. Meatchicken, followed by Oklahoma v. Nebraska, then USC v. UCLA while drinking hot chocolate and roasting hot dogs in the fireplace to take the edge off the midwestern November night.  Man, I miss those days.  Nebraska lost this year to Illinois. Illinois sucks. Nebraska therefore sucks rocks.

Maryland 35, Illinois 17

As you may know, I try to cover the favorite teams and alma maters of regular posters, past and present, so I apologize to yankguy, our resident Terp, for forgetting Maryland the last week or so. Note that Bowdoin will not be making an appearance, though, until the Colby or Bates games. I am not THAT committed. Anyway, Illinois has one win to their credit, which is nice for them and probably represents one half of their total for the year.

Cincinnati 35, Indiana 20

I think IUs relevance last year was a perfect storm of a decent team and the COVID disruption issues with the other Big However Many East teams.  I think they are a 6 win 6 loss team. Cinci is a solid group of 6 team, well coached and primed for that New Years bowl slot.

University of California* 27, Washington State 24

Jesus, if you fire a guy after two games, why was he still there to start the year? I mean, Helton was going to get fired somewhere along the line, and it is not a surprise since the team was not only beaten by Stanford but looked an unprepared, undisciplined mess in doing so. But what new information did those two games give that was not there at the end of last year? Wasted a year of growth for the team and the head coach by not firing him in December.  May have lost the chance for Urban Meyer as well.  Anyway, the Trojans go to the Most God Forsaken Outpost in Power 4 football. I think they play hard for the new coach.

Meatchicken 35, Northern Illinois 10

I am not sure if Meat has a great defense or Washington has an horrific offense, or some combination of the two.  And I am not sure how good Meatchicken

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4154 on: September 14, 2021, 02:36:34 PM »

Meatchicken 35, Northern Illinois 10

I am not sure if Meat has a great defense or Washington has an horrific offense, or some combination of the two.  And I am not sure how good of a passer the Meatchicken QB is. I just know that defense is good enough to handle NIU, and Meatchicken has a solid run game.

Purdue 38, Our Lady of the Perpetual Tie 35

OLotPT has narrowly beaten a Florida State team that lost to FCS Jax State and a Toledo team that remains Toledo.  Maybe they can survive that tight rope walk until the big dogs show up.  Maybe not. I say not.  But then you all know how I feel about them and can take however much salt you want for this pick.

ClemSIN 35, Georgia Tech 14

Sure, a one loss ClemSIN is still in the picture for the Championship, and in the end that their lone loss was to Georgia may tell, but between the and ClemSIN, I think ClemSIN has to have more go its way, outside of winning all their games, to make the playoffs.  They are likely to have only one win against a ranked team at year end.  Georgia Tech is not much of a hurdle at this point.

Arizona State 24, BYU 21

There is a lot of enthusiasm for the Sun Devils, a name that persists despite right wing cancel culture
Pages: 1 ... 275 276 [277] 278 279 ... 329