Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 868 869 [870] 871 872 ... 1850

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 941503 times)

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #13035 on: August 25, 2020, 02:21:44 AM »

Fultz's main trick is to get somebody on his butt and keep him there.  An old Chris Paul trick.  And make some midrange shots.  His game is similar to Muddy's right now, though with a little speed.  It's Fultz's first year as a starter, so hopefully all that shakiness and on-the-verge-of-a-miscue stuff will wear off. 

I'd definitely keep an eye on him, much like I tried to do with Mud, Exum, and other young highly drafted PG's who didn't pan out early.  A good roll of the dice for ORL who has needed a PG for almost as long as NYK.  But Fultz made $10M this year and $12M next.  Might be available for half that on his next contract, or league average $8M.  Obviously depending on next year's performance.  Probably a better option when he's making reserve money.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13036 on: August 25, 2020, 09:35:55 AM »

Speaking of Chris Paul..........

TRUE LEADER.  Showed it again yesterday.

Great series of NEW NBA basketball.  Prefer DAL-LAC of course - but watching the best in the world is still precious - even in its bombs away form

Most three pointers in any NBA first round about to be set.  More have been taken than last year, in 9 fewer games

HOU with 50+ attempts all 4 games.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13037 on: August 25, 2020, 09:38:16 AM »

It's good to have guys who play strong D, can score, but are okay as role players not needing the ball.

True.

No hope for Knox in this respect, sadly.  AAA-groomed as a scorer, not a winner.  Nova Bridges the opposite.

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13038 on: August 25, 2020, 10:50:00 AM »

It's good to have guys who play strong D, can score, but are okay as role players not needing the ball.

True.

No hope for Knox in this respect, sadly.  AAA-groomed as a scorer, not a winner.  Nova Bridges the opposite.

Bridges a fine compliment on a team with Booker, Ayton, etc..

Knox. Yes. Oof. Let's see what Payne can do with him.

*** In all fairness, he did improve some areas last season, he really did. At a pace that projects him as NBA-ready in 2034.
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13039 on: August 25, 2020, 10:55:41 AM »

Great series of NEW NBA basketball.  Prefer DAL-LAC of course - but watching the best in the world is still precious - even in its bombs away form

It certainly is, isn't it?

Aren't ya glad one smart-as-fuck Democrat (Mr. Silver) overcame the idiocy of your moronic GOP leaders and using brains, not assholes, managed to deliver this gift to us?
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #13040 on: August 25, 2020, 12:07:16 PM »

Been some fine playoffs so far.

I saw Schroder listed as OUT for G4.  Then find out he scored 30 to squeak out a needed W to tie the series 2-all.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #13041 on: August 25, 2020, 12:09:56 PM »

If I were Thibs, I'd run defensive drills for Knox and tell him his minutes are based on his defensive effort.  I'd also try to fix the way he makes himself small at the rim on drives.  Knox needs to up his motor and play more physical.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #13042 on: August 25, 2020, 01:16:11 PM »

If I were Thibs, I'd run defensive drills for Knox and tell him his minutes are based on his defensive effort.  I'd also try to fix the way he makes himself small at the rim on drives.  Knox needs to up his motor and play more physical.

Making sense. 

Still....Motor?

CONFIDENCE.  CONSISTENCY. 

Morris got all his minutes, and there was no rhyhme nor reason to his usage. 

WAY TOO FUCKING EARLY to give up on him.  He has the potential to give us minutes at PF & SF in the new Small Ball world of the NBA. 

Kenny Payne, please pick up the hospitality phone. 

PS: ISAAC OKORO gettng a lot of draft love on the internet.   
« Last Edit: August 25, 2020, 01:19:59 PM by chipstern »

chipstern

• View Profile
The Ludicrous CHRONICLES
« Reply #13043 on: August 25, 2020, 01:28:57 PM »

Jalen Rose, ESPN analyst and 13-year NBA veteran: “I have never compared a player to [Larry Bird] until now. … In the modern game, if he was facing the floor as the primary ball handler, he would look like Luka.” Mark Jackson, former NBA player and coach and current broadcaster: “To me, Luka Doncic is an absolute combination of Magic Johnson and Larry Bird.” – via Tim MacMahon, Kevin Pelton @ ESPN

A bemused rival executive sent a text as Doncic took yet another trip to the free throw line during an early-season game. “Looks like Luka has seen every Beard game ESPN tape from the past 3 years,” the executive texted. “He’s using all the tricks.”

Steve Kerr, Golden State Warriors head coach: “He’s got this James Harden skill set with crossover and step-backs. He’s a brilliant player and so young, and he’s going to be one of the cornerstones of this league for a long time.” Doc Rivers, LA Clippers head coach: “He’s a combination of a lot. [James] Harden, in some ways. Obviously the Larry Bird comparison. … He has great vision, LeBron-ish. There’s a lot of people in him. But I think … when he retires, people are going to say he was Luka.” – via Tim MacMahon

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: The Ludicrous CHRONICLES
« Reply #13044 on: August 25, 2020, 02:11:51 PM »

Mark Jackson, former NBA player and coach and current broadcaster: “To me, Luka Doncic is an absolute combination of Magic Johnson and Larry Bird.”

That's what I said yesterday.

I really wonder where he picked up some of his repertoire.
Must have watched a lot of film.
I really liked those early 1Q drives last game where he tucked the ball in barreled into a guy then stopped and made a little lean back layup.  Guys his age usually don't have such tricks.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #13045 on: August 25, 2020, 02:46:29 PM »

KZ out for G5 with a sore knee ...
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #13046 on: August 25, 2020, 03:01:48 PM »

KZ out for G5 with a sore knee ...

Didn't he miss game 4 also? 
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #13047 on: August 25, 2020, 03:44:58 PM »

Yeah, KZ was a game time decision for G4.  Then sat out.
I thought with the extra few days off that he'd be ready for G5.
Unfortunate.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #13048 on: August 25, 2020, 05:10:40 PM »

I googled his injury.  This is not his surgically repaired knee, and an MRI revealed no structural damage, which makes his absence from a second straight playoff game a bit strange.  Mavs are being cautious but if there was ever a time to play through a little soreness the playoffs would be it.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

chipstern

• View Profile
Re: The Ludicrous CHRONICLES
« Reply #13049 on: August 25, 2020, 05:33:18 PM »

Mark Jackson, former NBA player and coach and current broadcaster: “To me, Luka Doncic is an absolute combination of Magic Johnson and Larry Bird.”

That's what I said yesterday.

I really wonder where he picked up some of his repertoire.
Must have watched a lot of film.
I really liked those early 1Q drives last game where he tucked the ball in barreled into a guy then stopped and made a little lean back layup.  Guys his age usually don't have such tricks.

A) He has a gift

B) He has a gift

C) He spent several years in Europe playing against...M-E-N.

D) He is ascending before our very eyes, and has yet to even hit his stride.  He is still a Puppy.  Then again, Oscar Robertson, Magic Johnson, Larry Bird each came out firing on all cylinders. 

E) BoD, that tuck the ball move, drawing the contact?  Right out of the James Harden Home Companion. 
Pages: 1 ... 868 869 [870] 871 872 ... 1850