Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 566 567 [568]

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 119766 times)

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #8505 on: May 09, 2024, 08:46:32 AM »

Republicans are proposing a House Bill that would sentence convicted campus agitators to 6 months community service  in Gaza!

Outstanding!

Indeed.
Palestine/Gaza are clearly where their minds are, would be good for their bodies to be there too.
They'd obviously be happier there...because they sure don't seem to be happy in America.
Performative patriotism at its worst.

Unless of course you're a Jewish student cowering in a room not knowing what is going to happen to you.
Or a six year old Palestinian in Rafah.

"Don't go invading another country, or worshiping those from your country who do, and atrocity-torturing their people to death and kidnapping others and your children will be safe".

Simple wisdom that some people can't seem to understand.
Which invading 6 year olds are you referring to?

Now you're just being ridiculous.
No, merely pointing out your situational empathy and monstrous inhumanity.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #8506 on: May 09, 2024, 10:57:38 AM »

The Boy Scouts of America is no longer, it is now just Scouts of America. Sad. I was a Cub Scout and it was all about doing good things, and our pledge was to do our duty for God and our Country. I was a Cub Scout in Jefferson, Oregon, as a child, and we picked up trash in a rain storm one day and then when we came back soaken wet the Girl Scouts made us hot chocolate. The Cub Scouts was great, I wish we could preserve it for the youth of the future. Now it is just "Scouts of America."

Meanwhile, at least Disney is doing great, and Disney is going to invest $2 Billion here in Anaheim, so that is good.

Salute,

Tony V.

I got thrown out of Cub Scouts after the den mothers son smashed my model sailboat project and punched me in my mouth after I complained. So I punched him more than several times.

Yes, violence is sometimes the only way.
'Self defence' you could've claimed.
Go woke, go broke.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #8507 on: May 09, 2024, 09:03:29 PM »

The Boy Scouts of America is no longer, it is now just Scouts of America. Sad. I was a Cub Scout and it was all about doing good things, and our pledge was to do our duty for God and our Country. I was a Cub Scout in Jefferson, Oregon, as a child, and we picked up trash in a rain storm one day and then when we came back soaken wet the Girl Scouts made us hot chocolate. The Cub Scouts was great, I wish we could preserve it for the youth of the future. Now it is just "Scouts of America."

Meanwhile, at least Disney is doing great, and Disney is going to invest $2 Billion here in Anaheim, so that is good.

Salute,

Tony V.

I got thrown out of Cub Scouts after the den mothers son smashed my model sailboat project and punched me in my mouth after I complained. So I punched him more than several times.

Yes, violence is sometimes the only way.
'Self defence' you could've claimed.

Yes, those who are incompetent resort to nepotism and violence to get ahead and to do what they want, and especially for love, and money.

There is a scene in the movie "High Society" where Grace Kelly plays with a model boat in the swimming pool, and the name of the model boat is "The True Love." Love is worth fighting for.

And in the book "The Fear of Success" he talks about how people will try to oppress you with nepotism and thugs, and about how you will have to resort to physical violence on your way to the top. And even Spielberg has Body Guards, it is dangerous at the top. At Universal we had our own police department.

On the issue of children, I support having better supervision for the youth. They can have Boxing, and Martial Arts, but they cannot have Race Wars and Bullies, etc. And we need to teach the youth how to prevent a Race War. Just like Elvis and Chuck Berry and Little Richard, Rock and Roll is an American Art.

I support having a Meritocracy where we all rise by our hard work and merits. But, I do not support playground violence, before you know it the kids will be carrying knives and guns and they will have gangs and the children will all be killing each other. I support Father Boyle and Homeboy Industries, and I support peace in our neighborhoods. And we have Disney, we are rich.

Salute,

Tony V.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2024, 09:32:04 PM by FlyingVProd »

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #8508 on: May 09, 2024, 10:14:28 PM »

Of course, today we're a lot wiser regarding violence...domestic violence, workplace violence, terrorism violence, school violence etc.
"One punch can kill".

After a spate or recent stabbings *everywhere*, cops in NSW now have new stop and wand search people for knives powers.
Good.
« Last Edit: Today at 02:58:09 AM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8509 on: May 09, 2024, 11:59:26 PM »

If there was going to be a fan of stop and frisk on this forum it would very likely be an idiot who pretends to be from Australia.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #8510 on: Today at 02:49:36 AM »

If there was going to be a fan of stop and frisk on this forum it would very likely be an idiot who pretends to be from Australia.

Forum management know where I'm from...they're computer experts.
You can't get emails ending in .com.au if you're not from the land of the kangaroos.

Cops only have approval to stop, wand, then act if a knife is found....in certain areas...like around shopping centres, pubs, clubs etc.
Bishop stabbed in his church, kung fu master stabbed lover, her young son, and her ex husband to death, man stabbed in the back in Perth WA by a radicalised teen last week, a woman was stabbed outside a gym the other day...and the horror of the Westfield mall stabbing murders.

Too much stabbing, the People are screaming out for protection, so the govt acted, passed new laws, can't now buy a knife until age 18...and stop and wand.
« Last Edit: Today at 02:57:13 AM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8511 on: Today at 04:23:37 AM »

Since Australians eat with their faces directly in the trough, a knife ban should not affect dinner manners at all.

Are you still allowed letter openers? Can you be trusted that far?
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 566 567 [568]