Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 879 880 [881] 882 883 ... 1849

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 923925 times)

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
Re: Big Brown Quaalude - Made People Feel Good - Cause They Saw Whatever They Wanted
« Reply #13200 on: September 03, 2020, 09:01:58 AM »

Obama was the DEPORTATION KING. More than any other president before...or..since. Nearly double Bush!

Ass backwards.  Bush almost double the number of Obama deportations.  Clinton more than that:

https://www.migrationpolicy.org/article/obama-record-deportations-deporter-chief-or-not

Criminals my ass. Barack had that ice shit hummmmmmmmmmming...More NONCRIMINAL DEPORTATIONS in his first year than Trump TOTAL DEPORTATIONS any year. And it kept going from there.

Obama Administration focused on recent entries.  So yes a large percentage of deportations were non-criminals.  But in terms of rate of total deportations, Trump doubled the number of non-criminal deportations.  Trump also has increased operations deeper into the country, which catches more long term immigrants who have put down roots.  Precisely the kind of thing that Obama's DACA was meant to address.  So the focus on deportation numbers misses the bigger picture.  Trump's policy unquestionably more cruel.  Before you get into the restrictions on legal immigration, the muslim ban, the all but ended asylum policy, and oh yeah, the family separations and caging of kids.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2020, 09:15:11 AM by NeedsAdjustments »
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
Re: Little Bits of Truth
« Reply #13201 on: September 03, 2020, 09:04:07 AM »

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/donald-trump-hillary-clinton-has-caused-tremendous-death/
Donald Trump said Hillary Clinton "caused tremendous death" during her time as President Obama's secretary of state.

"The entire world has been upset. The entire world, it's a different place. During Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton's term, she's done a horrible job. She's caused so many of the problems. And let me tell you something. She has caused death. She has caused tremendous death with incompetent decisions," Trump said.

He cited Clinton's vote in favor of the war in Iraq, compared to his opposition to the war (which did not begin publicly until the year after the war started), and said she was responsible for the Syrian migrant crisis and the deterioration in Libya.

"If we would have never done anything in the Middle East, we would have a much safer world right now," he said.

Not sure what you think the above proves, but uncritically posting Trump quotes doesn't reflect well on your judgement.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #13202 on: September 03, 2020, 10:21:32 AM »

I think it shows what I've been arguing, the little kernels amidst the vitriol and lies, and why he appeals to different folks, If the Dems had understood, we wouldn't have him as prez. Yes it's true, Clinton/Biden were key pieces of the war machine, the Iraq-Libya-trail that leads us to the migrant crisis, Brexit, hard right turns in Europe, and yes, the Donald as prez. My judgement is just fine thank you..and holy moly..this came out of the blue for me, anyway, wow! Very cool.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/03/sports/basketball/steve-nash-hired-brooklyn-nets.html
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #13203 on: September 03, 2020, 10:36:43 AM »

I don't know how Clinton was responsible for Syria.  And if this were the appropriate forum I'd go on a lengthy explanation why it was wise to remove Qaddafi when an opportunity arose.  Though Obama mistakenly thought he could rely on Europe to handle the aftermath/peace in a relatively small homogenous country (population-wise). 
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

lesterluv

• View Profile
« Reply #13204 on: September 03, 2020, 10:53:07 AM »

Bo, sipping a tea in the Chinese shopping mall, thinks it was great to get rid of Qaddafi.

For Libyans, about to enter decade two of misery and chaos, not so much great.

*** well, maybe waz good for those homeless 'n indigent typez, misery loves company they say:) Just ask those Yemenis!

Almost as bad as the destruction of the fully functioning country of Iraq, which led to...

Any of the many folks I've worked with at UNHCR can tell you what Libya's destruction did to the migrant flow to Europe (open dem floodgates)..which has led to..

Trump was right, leave that **ish alone, and compared to his predecessors, he relatively has...but I'll take it to another forum, or just get back to work while you folks play tag-team the dawg with the message you don't like for awhile longer.

But before I go....lol, let's set the record straight, there was only one KING.

Obama was the DEPORTATION KING. More than any other president before...or..since. Nearly double Bush!

Ass backwards.  Bush almost double the number of Obama deportations.  Clinton more than that:
https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/immigration/article122715474.html
https://inthesetimes.com/article/trump-obama-deportations-georgia-immigration
http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/human-rights-groups-outraged-over-obamas-deportation-proposal#51295
https://unitedwedream.org/2014/09/breaking-president-obama-agrees-deport-70000-people-separate-countless-families/
https://www.npr.org/sections/itsallpolitics/2012/12/24/167970002/obama-administration-deported-record-1-5-million-people
https://reason.com/2019/06/27/actually-joe-biden-and-the-obama-administration-deported-more-people-than-trump/
https://theconversation.com/immigrants-deported-under-obama-share-stories-of-terror-and-rights-violations-74212
Newly released official figures show that during the first seven years of President Barack Obama’s presidency, more than 2.7 million foreign nationals were deported — the largest number in more than a century. Figures contained in the 2015 Yearbook of Immigration Statistics, issued in mid-December, show that from the time Obama was inaugurated as America’s first black president on Jan. 20, 2009, through Sept. 30, 2015, a total of 2,749,854 undocumented immigrants were removed from the United States.

That’s a record.

No president since deportation figures have been kept in the 1890s has been linked to such a high number of removals, according to the Yearbook, considered the “bible” of immigration statistics among people who deal in immigration, such as attorneys who represent immigrants in court, activists who advocate for the rights of immigrants and journalists who cover the immigration beat. The runner-up behind Obama was President George W. Bush, under whose watch 2,012,539 were removed. During Bill Clinton’s presidency, 869,646 immigrants were kicked out, Yearbook figures show.

*********The armed conflict in Libya escalated in 2019, and as a result, 893,000 people, including 268,000 children,1 require humanitarian assistance. Children in Tripoli, Derna and urban areas in the west and south are particularly vulnerable. There are nearly 356,000 internally displaced persons and 448,000 returnees.2 Approximately 243,000 people require water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) assistance, 127 children are in need of education support, 526,000 people require health assistance and 220,000 children need protection services.3 Following the Libyan National Army incursion on the Government of National Accord in Tripoli and the conflict in Murzuq, 170,000 people have been newly displaced.4 There have been widespread violations of international law, including attacks on health, water and education facilities and humanitarian workers.5 Since April 2019, 500,000 children have experienced disruptions to their education in western Libya.6 Conflict-affected areas are experiencing water shortages, stock-outs of health supplies and vaccine-preventable diseases, including measles. Of the 636,000 migrants and refugees in Libya, 8 per cent are minors vulnerable to grave violations of child rights.7 Detained migrant and refugee children are held in inhumane conditions and detention centres have been hit by airstrikes. In 2019, over 700 migrants and refugees, including children, died crossing the Mediterranean from Libya.The situation in Libya remained volatile throughout the reporting period with a conflict of variable intensity that continued to put the lives of civilians at risk and to generate new internal displacement. The suffering from the unprecedented bombing and shelling in urban areas in the Western Libya, deterioration of services and rapidly declining economy resulting in increased suffering of millions of children and their families in Libya cannot be underscored. Since the start of the year, at least 18 schools have been damaged as a result of the armed conflict, affecting around 15,890 children. Continuous attacks on the water system have jeopardized health and hygiene among the civilian population, particularly those most vulnerable, including children. At least 127 wells have been rendered out of services as a result of these
attacks, with roughly a loss of 650,000 m water/day . Regular long hours’ power cuts have further affected the people
of Libya in areas of active conflict and surrounding areas. The attacks on health facilities also continued as during the
reporting period, the UN Support Mission in Libya (UNSMIL) documented two incidents targeting healthcare personnel,
3 nine assaults on health facilities and one attack on ambulance .
In April and May 2020, the aggressive offensive by the Government of National Accord (GNA) to control Tripoli and western areas saw the Libyan National Army (LNA) withdrawing from the frontlines and as a result, approximately 28,000 people (5,550 families) including 11,000 children were displaced from Tarhouna – one of the strongholds of the LNA, with majority of them displaced to Benghazi, Ejdabia, and Bani Waleed. Most of the IDPs moved with family members or rented houses, however, the authorities converted nine schools into IDP shelter centres4 to accommodate the IDPs from Tarhouna. Similarly, to accommodate the IDPs from Tarhouna, an additional nine schools were converted into IDP
5 shelters in June 2020, thus, bringing the total number of schools used as IDP shelter centres to 34 .
The reporting period also saw an increase in reports of continuous violations of international humanitarian law after the
withdrawal of the LNA from Tarhouna. Reportedly over 100 bodies including women and children were found in a
hospital in Tarhouna. In addition, at least 19 unidentified bodies were discovered in 11 mass graves in Tarhouna. The
GNA, UNSMIL and UN Secretary-General condemned the discovery of these mass graves and urged for a prompt and
transparent investigations by commissioning a ‘fact-finding mission’ by the UN Human Rights Council. The withdrawal
of the armed groups f rom the Western Libya brought about a grotesque turn. Land mines, Improvised Explosive Devices
(IED), and explosiveremnants of war (ERW) have been found inand around civilian houses in Tripoli and western areas,
putting populations on the move, especially IDPs and returnees, at significant risk. During May 22 to June 22, 2020, the
Libyan Centre for Mine Action and War Remnants recorded a total of 127 victims from mine explosions in Tripoli and
around Sirte, including 55 members of mine-clearing teams who were killed and injured during demining. On 28 May,
UNICEF, together with the UNMAS and the LibMAC, condemned the use of IED/booby traps against civilians and impact
6 on children .

« Last Edit: September 03, 2020, 11:53:09 AM by lesterluv »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #13205 on: September 03, 2020, 11:15:10 AM »

I think it shows what I've been arguing, the little kernels amidst the vitriol and lies, and why he appeals to different folks, If the Dems had understood, we wouldn't have him as prez.

Trump supported the Iraq war when it began though he was in the unique position of being able to state that preference on Howard Stern while not making policy. 

Yes it's true, Clinton/Biden were key pieces of the war machine, the Iraq-Libya-trail that leads us to the migrant crisis, Brexit, hard right turns in Europe, and yes, the Donald as prez. My judgement is just fine thank you..

Not really, if you think US politics follows trends in Europe.  Immigration from the Middle East a "problem" there, not in the US which saw only a modest increase after the wars.  Brexit led to Trump?  Uh, no.

US follows its own political trend lines, and I don't think you need a history lesson on race in the US to know we have our own sources of racial animus and anti-immigrant fervor without pointing to wars in the Middle East that most Republicans support anyway.  Trump came onto the scene talking about Mexican Rapists and the deplorables ate it up.  That was a table set by the Tea Party, the opening up of our elections to wealthy interests that exploited racial animus to get tax cuts and fewer regulations, and a Republican Party that happily went back to the Willie Horton playbook.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #13206 on: September 03, 2020, 11:19:24 AM »

The runner-up behind Obama was President George W. Bush, under whose watch 2,012,539 were removed. During Bill Clinton’s presidency, 869,646 immigrants were kicked out, Yearbook figures show.[/i][/size]

I posted the numbers on deportations.  Bush was double Obama, not the other way around.  You want to focus even more narrowly on removals (where no, Obama did not double up Bush) that only further focuses on one tree in a forest that still points to a Trump Administration that has been unmatched in its cruelty toward immigrants.

lesterluv

• View Profile
Time to Scratch That Assz Again
« Reply #13207 on: September 03, 2020, 11:30:56 AM »

I posted the numbers on deportations. 

lol, I don't know why you can't read, lol...but it's not my problem. Out for reeeeeel.

Newly released official figures show that during the first seven years of President Barack Obama’s presidency, more than 2.7 million foreign nationals were deported

I mean you reeeeeelllly reeeeeellly reelllly can't read, lol.

Quote from: NeedsAdjustments
Brexit led to Trump?  Uh, no.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2020, 11:38:59 AM by lesterluv »

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #13208 on: September 03, 2020, 11:36:40 AM »

lol, I don't know why you can't read, lol...but it's not my problem. Out for reeeeeel.

Newly released official figures show that during the first seven years of President Barack Obama’s presidency, more than 2.7 million foreign nationals were deported

Again...I posted the numbers on total deportations, numbers which the above does not dispute.  I'll assume you didn't bother to look at them, and not that you did but didn't understand.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #13209 on: September 03, 2020, 11:46:50 AM »

Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13210 on: September 03, 2020, 01:35:39 PM »

Again...I posted the numbers on total deportations, numbers which the above does not dispute.  I'll assume you didn't bother to look at them, and not that you did but didn't understand.

yawwwwwn...

Jerrya

• View Profile
Re: Trumpster Fire
« Reply #13211 on: September 03, 2020, 06:28:23 PM »

I'm not saying I like the guy. I'm saying why some like the guy. Some shit about him is real. Ain't nothing real about Joe. Hope I don't have to say I told you so.

Pretty ironic to say that nothing about Joe is real, but some shit about Trump is real, Lester.

About the only shit about Trump that is real is that he is a real conman.

And  he's not all there...I'm still waiting for his tax returns. 

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #13212 on: September 03, 2020, 10:20:57 PM »

Ok here's the trade -

Mitchell Robinson for LaMelo Ball.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #13213 on: September 03, 2020, 11:23:10 PM »

We'd have to give more ...
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Re: Big Brown Quaalude - Made People Feel Good - Cause They Saw Whatever They Wanted
« Reply #13214 on: September 03, 2020, 11:48:52 PM »

Les, thanks for telling me how I should feel. Talk about condescension.

No, how you feel is your business.

Ok Les, so now it's no longer

What about latinos? Shouldn't they have been scared by Donald's anti-immigrant noise? Probably didn't need to be, Obama was the DEPORTATION KING..despite that wall business and ice noise, the Donald's ice squads haven't touched o-Man's #'s, not even close. It's like Dotson vs Booker in the race for a scoring title. Dem/Repub what's the difference? The difference? Dems were worse.

Meaning latinos should not FEEL scared anymore. We (or I) are simply IGNORANT. Again...

I'm telling you what you should know. As apparently you didn't. Which isn't that surprising.

Let me tell you something I know: A pet project of Stephen Miller, just for the second term, is to review records of naturalization. I don't even want to try to guess the stuff they can make up if they don't like the political inclinations of of the naturalized citizen under review. Do you think I should change my name to Charles and my affiliation to Republican? It may make me FEEL secure instead of scared, who knows?  Oh wait, no, not how I fell, I mean, it may make me LESS IGNORANT.

PS. Chamaco Cartero is very  bored with all of this, in case you people didn't know.
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero
Pages: 1 ... 879 880 [881] 882 883 ... 1849