Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 2270 2271 [2272] 2273 2274 ... 2725

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 501846 times)

Yankguy1

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #34065 on: April 26, 2023, 08:04:51 PM »

Oh. I guess I need to dumb it down next time.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34066 on: April 26, 2023, 08:14:37 PM »

http://m.dailykos.com/stories/2023/4/26/2166086/-UH-OH-Judge-in-Smartmatic-Defamation-Lawsuit-Orders-FOX-News-to-Turn-Over-Missing-Documents

Red is reaching a lot lately. It may be due to the goings on at his main source of information.

Better a grand kid room than a tanning bed and toupee sculpture shop.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #34067 on: April 26, 2023, 08:23:37 PM »

Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #34068 on: April 26, 2023, 08:28:46 PM »

Oh. I guess I need to dumb it down next time.
If you have changed your mind.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #34069 on: April 26, 2023, 09:16:31 PM »

TBH, I see Kamala needing another four years to get some things done and mellow a little from where she was in  2020.  It's funny - I admire many of her ideas and her energy, but she did have a little bit of a preachy I Know What's Good For You mannerism that got loose back then.  Give her eight years of humility building and she could hit that gracious zone where Obama and Biden mostly thrived.  For 2024, there's Amy Klobuchar or Corey Booker or someone else who can talk smart and sensible without talking down. 

Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #34070 on: April 26, 2023, 09:20:21 PM »

TBH, I see Kamala needing another four years to get some things done and mellow a little from where she was in  2020.  It's funny - I admire many of her ideas and her energy, but she did have a little bit of a preachy I Know What's Good For You mannerism that got loose back then.  Give her eight years of humility building and she could hit that gracious zone where Obama and Biden mostly thrived.  For 2024, there's Amy Klobuchar or Corey Booker or someone else who can talk smart and sensible without talking down.
You cannot be serious.
Kammy has ideas and energy?
She has exhibited NONE so far.

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #34071 on: April 27, 2023, 09:47:01 AM »

Sweet lady was toned down by the fringees in her party. Imagine she told the migratory horde to just stay home. How is the US supposed to handle the influx of millions a year? Think of the starving naked children separated from their families they shout!
« Last Edit: April 28, 2023, 02:36:33 PM by luee »
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #34072 on: April 27, 2023, 10:00:27 AM »

You cannot be serious.

That's the line in my post you're focused on?  Interesting.

Veep stuff (including input at policy meetings) is often low visibility.  Based on her campaign platform when she ran against Biden in 2020, I see her as having good ideas that would inform that input.  Her recent work with HUD on affordable housing is important.  Her tie-breaking votes in the Senate have also been important ones. 
Her work on anti corruption initiatives in Central America will have longterm effects on what happens down there and at our southern border.

You see RW talking points, I see someone with potential to rise to the occasion in a few years. 

(also, please do the courtesy of quoting and replying to the entire post, next time)

Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #34073 on: April 27, 2023, 10:42:13 AM »

Based on her campaign platform when she ran against Biden in 2020, I see her as having good ideas that would inform that input. 

The input that garnered her NOT ONE DEM DELEGATE and an early December exit from the nomination race.?
When the dems turned to Biden to stop Bernie she  was tapped for Veep for two reasons.
She is a woman and she is Black.
Turned out Biden did not  need help in defeating Trump.
Now the dems have a problem. Voters may have different priorities due to the age of Biden and a very good statistical chance he might not be able to serve very long in his Eighties.
But they cannot chance dropping Harris and alienate their most loyal demographic.
So the key strategy is to get Trump nominated and bet on a 2020 result.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2023, 10:45:24 AM by Espnthree »

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34074 on: April 27, 2023, 11:12:08 AM »

Based on her campaign platform when she ran against Biden in 2020, I see her as having good ideas that would inform that input. 

The input that garnered her NOT ONE DEM DELEGATE and an early December exit from the nomination race.?
When the dems turned to Biden to stop Bernie she  was tapped for Veep for two reasons.
Now the dems have a problem. Voters may have different priorities due to the age of Biden and a very good statistical chance he might not be able to serve very long in his Eighties.
But they cannot chance dropping Harris and alienate their most loyal demographic.
"(also, please do the courtesy of quoting and replying to the entire post, next time)"

I am guessing Red does not see any contradiction between his claims that the indictment of Trump are designed by the Democrats to destroy Trump and his idea that the Democratic strategy for 2024 is to get him nominated.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #34075 on: April 27, 2023, 11:44:25 AM »

"(also, please do the courtesy of quoting and replying to the entire post, next time)"

I am guessing Red does not see any contradiction between his claims that the indictment of Trump are designed by the Democrats to destroy Trump and his idea that the Democratic strategy for 2024 is to get him nominated.
Funny how the indictment resulted in a whopping surge in the polls for Trump among GOP voters.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #34076 on: April 27, 2023, 12:49:31 PM »

It is not funny.

It is a terrible sign of how incest, satanism, and constant drug use have degraded and deformed every republican mind.

No we have to feed and care for you zombies all while reigning in the rightwing trend to murder citizens idiotically and indiscriminately.

You are a joke but nobody thinks you are funny.

Richard P. Feynman

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #34078 on: April 27, 2023, 03:53:09 PM »

You cannot be serious.
Yep, to the extent they do not constitute a Venn diagram of three completely overlapping circles, racists, sexists and partisan Republican cocksuckers are all frightened of the smart, talented, ethnic woman Biden wisely chose as his running mate. I look forward to him resigning on 1/22/27 so Harris can serve nearly 10 full years as president.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #34079 on: April 27, 2023, 04:00:06 PM »

Red needs to get ready for the day we replace Roberts with Obama in 2025.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 2270 2271 [2272] 2273 2274 ... 2725