Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 401 402 [403] 404 405 ... 568

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 119659 times)

Yankguy1

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #6030 on: October 18, 2023, 03:06:12 PM »

You do far too much doomscrolling.  Go outside (before you're not able to anymore).
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6031 on: October 18, 2023, 03:17:36 PM »

You've spent the last several years telling us that China is already winning the war.  Why would they bother attacking you?

Land, food producing farlmand, deep water ports, natural resources...and 26 million slaves as free labour.
They do not want you for slaves. They want you for customers.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #6032 on: October 18, 2023, 03:23:54 PM »

Pretty amusing and typical of Ward that he thought break time referred to me.  Nope, just dropped the Iggy Box on him for a relaxing pause in the septic flow of loose mind-stools.  Pretty sure he will frame anything as me retreating or surrendering - it is all about the zero sum game with that unconvoluted lizard brain of his.  Rattling in the far interior of his skull like a piece of angry candy. 

I did see one of his neuro-turds quoted in Limes post, so no surprise that he still persists in thinking any critcism of Israel is equivalent to defending Hamas.  Is there any point in my repeating again that I see Hamas as evil?  That they are monumentally destructive to the Palestinians and a gang of brutal sociopaths with no respect for human life?  (and yes, I'm aware it is likely Hamas rockets may have caused the hospital explosions and deaths)

The Onion column (thanks, Hairy) was great. 
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #6033 on: October 18, 2023, 04:33:26 PM »

Christina Pascucci is running to replace Diane Feinstein, she is a great reporter who worked for the KTLA Channel 5 News in Los Angeles, before going to work at Channel 11. Christina is a Roman Catholic, and she is involved with Big Sisters, and she cares. Christina liked my ideas, and she wants to help the homeless, and she wants to help the children, I think she would make a wonderful Senator.

Though too, running for the same seat in the Senate is Steve Garvey who played 1st Base for the Dodgers. Los Angeles loves Steve Garvey, and it will be interesting to hear his ideas in the race.

Los Angeles will win with either Christina or Steve, they are both winners. It will be a good race.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: October 18, 2023, 04:46:37 PM by FlyingVProd »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #6034 on: October 18, 2023, 04:40:46 PM »

Bambu, it is going to be okay, China does not want war, they want customers. They want world trade and money. Australia can send food to China, and in return China can send solar panels to Australia, etc.

Who is your biggest star? Margot Robbie? In the old days they had the royals marry someone from the enemy land to make the peace, the daughter of the King of France would marry the son of the King of Spain, etc, to make peace and to strengthen ties. Have Margot Robbie date a rich and famous and handsome man from China. Margot Robbie can help to bring Australia together with China. Have the biggest star in Australia date the biggest star in China to improve relations between the nations.

It will be okay, enjoy your Golden years. And support the Peace Corps, and Kiwanis International, and support Youth For Christ, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #6035 on: October 18, 2023, 04:46:43 PM »

Have Margot Robbie date a rich and famous and handsome man from China. Margot Robbie can help to bring Australia together with China. Have the biggest star in Australia date the biggest star in China to improve relations between the nations.

?
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #6036 on: October 18, 2023, 05:46:18 PM »

no
Have Margot Robbie date a rich and famous and handsome man from China. Margot Robbie can help to bring Australia together with China. Have the biggest star in Australia date the biggest star in China to improve relations between the nations.

?

Yes.
Good idea.
Saw on the news last night that Aust wine exports to China might be resuming soon.
Chinese folk in China seem to like Aust wines.
Maybe Margot could convince China to drink good wine 24/7/365 instead of invading.
Go woke, go broke.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #6037 on: October 18, 2023, 05:51:36 PM »

Christina Pascucci is running to replace Diane Feinstein, she is a great reporter who worked for the KTLA Channel 5 News in Los Angeles, before going to work at Channel 11. Christina is a Roman Catholic, and she is involved with Big Sisters, and she cares. Christina liked my ideas, and she wants to help the homeless, and she wants to help the children, I think she would make a wonderful Senator.

Though too, running for the same seat in the Senate is Steve Garvey who played 1st Base for the Dodgers. Los Angeles loves Steve Garvey, and it will be interesting to hear his ideas in the race.

Los Angeles will win with either Christina or Steve, they are both winners. It will be a good race.

Salute,

Tony V.
The whole state will win with Katie Porter. Or Barbara Lee or Adam Schiff. And as loathe as I am to slag a fellow Spartan, there is literally no reason for Steve Garvey to run except name recognition and Republican desperation.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #6038 on: October 18, 2023, 06:44:11 PM »

no

?

Yes.
Good idea.
Saw on the news last night that Aust wine exports to China might be resuming soon.
Chinese folk in China seem to like Aust wines.
Maybe Margot could convince China to drink good wine 24/7/365 instead of invading.
If you and tony are really going to whore out Margot Robbie, let me know.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #6039 on: October 18, 2023, 06:53:06 PM »

Though there have been many candidates over the years, I think the two Margot Robbie posts win the Dumbest Posts Ever prize. Congratulations to both winners!

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #6040 on: October 18, 2023, 08:30:57 PM »

Quote from: Oilcan link=topic=223.msg235635#msg235635 date=1697657034

The Onion column (thanks, Hairy) was great.
[/quote
Great in the sense that both Lime and Oilcan completely misunderstood the Onion Post.
So much for their understanding of satire.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2023, 09:16:50 PM by Espnthree »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #6041 on: October 18, 2023, 08:33:32 PM »

Matchmaking among royals for strategic purposes has always occurred, and the stars are the modern royals.

On the issue of stars, Gwyneth Paltrow has announced her retirement, and sadly she sounds sad and disillusioned, she said the fame and fortune never meant much to her, and she just wants to disappear from view. In my opinion the source of her disillusionment is that she is selfish, and she is only thinking about herself instead of looking at the joy that movies such as "Great Expectations" bring to people, and instead of looking at how she can serve the people, like Bob Hope all of his life serving the troops, etc, and instead of serving the poor and helping the people like the Bible asks us to do in Matthew 25: 31-46. If she saw the good that her movies did for people, and if she spent her time serving the people like Bob Hope did, and if she served God, then she would be more fulfilled. And if Gwyneth could improve relations between the USA and Mexico, and with the USA and China, then she should do it, and she would be more fulfilled. Arnold wrote a new book that is about helping others, and Gwyneth needs to read Arnold's book.

And Margot Robbie is in a special position to be able to serve the people of Australia as a star. If she is single, then what would it hurt for her to go on a date with a rich and famous and powerful Chinese man? And what would it hurt to improve relations between Australia and China? Margot can do great things, she is in a special position, and she can help the people of Australia.

Salute,

Tony V. 

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #6042 on: October 18, 2023, 08:59:54 PM »

Though there have been many candidates over the years, I think the two Margot Robbie posts win the Dumbest Posts Ever prize. Congratulations to both winners!

Might as well see if Margot could do something ... there's nothing else...no nukes, no mighty military.
Go woke, go broke.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #6043 on: October 18, 2023, 09:15:16 PM »

Biden had a successful trip to Israel, and he got Egypt to open their border, so the people can escape from Gaza into Egypt, and then from Egypt they can go to Abu Dhabi and to Dubai, and to Illinois, etc. Kiwanis is global, and they have Kiwanis clubs in Egypt which can help the children, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #6044 on: October 18, 2023, 09:54:07 PM »

Yes, barbarians from inside Gaza bombed Israel with thousands of rockets, then invaded Israel by land, sea and air and massacred Jews and their children, took hostages.
The barbarians are now the good guys in the eyes of many in the West and Islamia....with Israel the bad guy.

Go woke, go broke.
Pages: 1 ... 401 402 [403] 404 405 ... 568