Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 595 596 [597] 598 599 ... 1849

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 930393 times)

elephant

• View Profile
Re: It's all a fucking blur......
« Reply #8940 on: November 25, 2019, 11:22:20 PM »

Lol, lol, y'all motherfuckers must remember a blizzard of Frankie Clanks in a giant bag of tight games....I sure can't.

Hey! Nobody is talking about the Knicks playing a blizzard of close games.

But he's been on the floor in a number of them. Nothing memorable cuz he hasn't quite given us more than the occasional CLANK. But I'm sure if he hangs around 5 years, he's win a game or two.

I'm still rooting for the motherfucker. But you, sir, might want to ask your physician about these memory issues.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #8941 on: November 25, 2019, 11:47:06 PM »

All this schizz about F Fly.......

He is currently on a 14/0 assist/turnover binge.

Have to wonder when last time was a Knick did this.

28/4 if you extend it to 6 games

Best 2 gamer or better for Frank previous to this was 20/3 in late January/March (4 games).  Had an 8/1 as well.

40/12 (6 games) and 19/3 (3 games) were best stretches rookie season.

- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #8942 on: November 25, 2019, 11:52:26 PM »

Knick Guard FG%

Trier 47.1%
Jr Smith 35.5%
Ellington 35.4%

Trier & Ellington the only two who can take and make 3's.
Though El Train only at 34.5% so far.

Franc deserves criticism for his shooting.
But other Knic guards aren't doing any better ...
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #8943 on: November 25, 2019, 11:58:33 PM »

Not sure the exact number of assists without a turnover for NBA mark

CP3, Rickey Green and John Lucas all had 20/0 games.  Best stretch over more than one game I have found is 31-1 from Lucas, followed by 28-1 for CP3.

So have at those guys Wednesday, Fly!

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #8944 on: November 26, 2019, 12:03:39 AM »

If I was picking just game winners tonight I think I'd be 10-0, with OKC pending (down 11 in 3rd)

One of thes nights I will go over and toss 20 bucks on the full slate.

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Re: Melo!
« Reply #8945 on: November 26, 2019, 01:44:43 AM »

Trail Blazers
STARTERS          MIN   FG       3PT       FT OREB DREB REB  AST   STL   BLK   TO   PF    +/-     PTS
C. AnthonyPF   31   10-20      4-7        1-1   1      7      8      2       1      0       2     3   +19      25

1 steal, zero blocks

Same ol'  :)

Very selective you are with the stats. How about 10-20, 4-7, 8 boards, +19...?
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #8946 on: November 26, 2019, 03:23:37 AM »

I think he was funnying your ticklebone.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #8947 on: November 26, 2019, 12:01:51 PM »

All this schizz about F Fly.......

He is currently on a 14/0 assist/turnover binge.

Well when you don't often bring the ball up and when you don't take opportunities to thread a pass to someone for an assist then you won't get turnovers.   I'd like to see him up his assist average and not care so much about turning it over.  A clean sheet means you took no chances.

No drives to the hoop means no chance for picking up an offensive foul either... which counts as a turnover.

In fact, if you dont like Julius Randle's BULL-drives to the hoop to pick up an offensive foul you should look at who gave him the ball.  If you aren't aggressive you can hold onto the ball.  Hot potato it to someone else, let them turn it over.  Frank 'assists' on nearly half of Randle's TOs*.

I'm concerned Frank cares too much about turnovers after getting yanked in the season opener in SA for two TOs.   

Frank: Make something happen. If you turn it over its ok.

----

PS.

* If you get an assist for a pass that leads to a bucket, why don't we take one away for a pass that leads to a turnover? If you pass it to a guy who is outta control that's partly your fault. You're a PG.  You're supposed to have good decision-making.  So make a better decision who you pass it to!  Pass it to someone who understands ball security.  Any play where Frank gives up the ball at halfcourt to Randle needs to be eliminated.   Randle just runs into the defense.  Frank knows that but still does it.   The first few times you can't blame Frank but now?  NOW?  It is known.
That's on you Frank.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 12:16:19 PM by Kam »
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8948 on: November 26, 2019, 05:45:20 PM »

Well when you don't often bring the ball up and when you don't take opportunities to thread a pass to someone for an assist then you won't get turnovers.   

true to some extent, yup,...but he has been pretty good with the rock, but yup

I'm still rooting for the motherfucker. But you, sir, might want to ask your physician about these memory issues.

I will do just that, when I remember where I put my phone, or my wallet, or my keys for that matter.
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #8949 on: November 27, 2019, 08:00:36 AM »

Richard Jefferson made waves on Sunday when he claimed during a broadcast of a game between the New York Knicks and Brooklyn Nets that he retired because the Knicks were the only team to offer him a contract, and that indicated to him that his time in the league was up.

The thin-skinned Knix of course took the bait and put out word they never offered RJ a contract.  Not sure it requires a full article mocking the Knix front office, but one exists: https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/knicks-deny-ever-offering-richard-jefferson-a-contract-which-makes-them-look-even-worse-than-before/

Only reason I'm referencing it is I caught the 2Q & 3Q on YES, and RJ was pretty entertaining doing the color commentating (even quipping that at first he thought that was racist, until he learned broadcast lingo).
He joked a lot throughout the game, but also kept enough focus on the game.  It was an amusing, interesting performance.  I didn't hear that jab at the Knix, but given the context of what I heard, it's pretty clear it's an RJ joke.  Apparently later in the game he admitted it wasn't true.

The Nets replay was at 2:PM here and the MSG replay at 3:PM.
And I ended up watching much of both.
I prefer Clyde and Breen.

But one thing interesting was how different the very last play -- Nets up 3 and inbounding at midcourt -- was handled by each network.  YES kept the camera on the Nets huddle, and so the announcers were aware that Dinwiddie had an idea, even tapping his chest and saying I've got this coach.  A nice set-up to the eventual play where Harris just banked the ball off a Knick.  And then Dinwiddie is laughing and everyone congratulating him.

Meanwhile Breen went clueless.  He came upon the idea that the Knix only hope was causing a 5 second violation.  And repeated this 2 or 3 times.  But all the Nets needed to do was have the ball touch any player on the court for 0.2 seconds and then no shot could be taken.  And it's down on their end.  So a 5 second violation was never gonna happen.  The inbounder just needed to toss the ball near some players in the frontcourt, and once it's touched game over.

YES knew what was up, and completely MSG flubbed it.  They had no idea what Nets were going to do or that Dinwiddie was behind it.

Anyway, Yes
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #8950 on: November 27, 2019, 08:07:08 AM »

BTW, Melo looked terrific in that 25 Point Bulls game:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lz1Obcidi54
He was popping open and contested 3's, had a couple strong drives hoopwards, made a few nifty passes.
I only saw the highlights, but that was a vintage performance.
Who knows if he can whip that out more, but it's encouraging.
Also that was one of his first games with both Lili and McC playing, and they draw a lot of attention.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8951 on: November 27, 2019, 02:40:31 PM »

Melo seems a really good fit. He’s playing the four with Whiteside behind him and the kind of guards he needs. He gets touches and they are primarily touches to score. I hope they stay healthy & make noise.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #8952 on: November 27, 2019, 07:37:22 PM »

Barrett back home......

Could be baeautiful...

or ucking fugly.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #8953 on: November 27, 2019, 08:30:50 PM »

Not sure the exact number of assists without a turnover for NBA mark

CP3, Rickey Green and John Lucas all had 20/0 games.  Best stretch over more than one game I have found is 31-1 from Lucas, followed by 28-1 for CP3.

So have at those guys Wednesday, Fly!

2 assists, then makes a turnover as he tries the forward pass.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #8954 on: November 27, 2019, 08:37:56 PM »

Knicks 32-26

Frank Ntlikina enters game for Dennis Smith Jr (+7, 8 minutes)

Smith comes back in at 45-58

So that's a 32-13 Raptors run with Fiz sticking to the script

Frank got cooked at least 3 times that I saw, getting crossed over, going behind screen, late on a closeout, you name it.

Pages: 1 ... 595 596 [597] 598 599 ... 1849