Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 2708 2709 [2710] 2711 2712 ... 2729

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 502831 times)

luee

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #40635 on: April 22, 2024, 03:06:35 PM »

Why are we giving aid to Taiwan, bring back the cold war? Big bucks for Hunter?
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40636 on: April 22, 2024, 03:18:30 PM »

Why are we giving aid to Taiwan, bring back the cold war? Big bucks for Hunter?
Because unlike you Biden is not a China appeasing surrender monkey. Nor is he, despite RedDick's characteristic misuse of a word he does not actually know the meaning of, feckless.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #40637 on: April 22, 2024, 04:09:16 PM »

The House stood up for America this week.
Speaker Mike Johnson faced down his own party to get aid for Ukraine and watched as even bigger bi partisan battles were won to aid Israel,  and Taiwan.

Johnson certainly outshone Biden as a leader.
Uh... by doing the bare minimum we should expect from a legislative leader and allowing a vote on a bill with broad bipartisan support? He could not even get the majority of his party on board for Ukraine. Yeah, kudos for standing up to the Putin wing of his own party, but that says more about the brutal dysfunction of the Republican  party and zero about his leadership.
LOL!
Ah yes the best forgotten attitude of Nancy Pelosi who never held a vote unless her side could win.
Johnson forged a better aid package to Ukraine, Israel, Taiwan, et al, and let the Whole House decide.
He preferred sending money rather than American soldiers into a mess mismanaged by Joe Biden.

Biden was not sending money nor soldiers to aid Ukraine. The US is sending weapon systems and ammo to defend Ukraine. The money is being spent on upgrading and restockingAmerican weapons and ammo said munitions being manufactured in the USA providing thousands of jobs for American workers.
Johnson and GOP dithered for six months costing Ukraine lives and territory.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2024, 04:14:14 PM by LarryB! »

Oiled

• View Profile
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #40639 on: April 22, 2024, 04:15:41 PM »

And let us not forget, Johnson's cowardice in the face of his party's radical Putin wing delayed aid to Ukraine by 6 months, which may well have given the Russians sufficient advantage to if not prevail dictate a humiliating peace on Ukraine.
LOL!
Johnson cowardice in defying his radical House faction?
6 months delay in vital aid because Johnson was afraid of Moscow Marjorie. Yes, cowardice even if he eventually grew a very, very small pair.
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #40640 on: April 22, 2024, 04:33:50 PM »

Speaker Mike Johnson faced down his own party to get aid for Ukraine and watched as even bigger bi partisan battles were won to aid Israel,  and Taiwan.

Uh... by doing the bare minimum we should expect from a legislative leader and allowing a vote on a bill with broad bipartisan support? He could not even get the majority of his party on board for Ukraine. Yeah, kudos for standing up to the Putin wing of his own party, but that says more about the brutal dysfunction of the Republican  party and zero about his leadership.
LOL!
Ah yes the best forgotten attitude of Nancy Pelosi who never held a vote unless her side could win.
Johnson forged a better aid package to Ukraine, Israel, Taiwan, et al, and let the Whole House decide.
He preferred sending money rather than American soldiers into a mess mismanaged by Joe Biden.

Biden was not sending money nor soldiers to aid Ukraine. The US is sending weapon systems and ammo to defend Ukraine.
Oh so the systems Joe sent never cost us anything?

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #40641 on: April 22, 2024, 04:43:49 PM »

LOL!

Biden was not sending money nor soldiers to aid Ukraine. The US is sending weapon systems and ammo to defend Ukraine.

Most of the money was spent in the USA.

Look it up.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #40642 on: April 22, 2024, 04:45:35 PM »

LOL!

I see RedDick's inability to comprehend written English continues unabated.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #40643 on: April 22, 2024, 04:53:40 PM »

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2024/4/21/2236490/-Trump-s-RFK-Jr-problem-more-good-news-for-Biden?pm_campaign=front_page&pm_source=more_community&pm_medium=web

I have been seeing RFKJr as a maga spoiler for quite a while.  MAGA likes kooky.
Yeah, once he began spouting election denial crap, he became a bigger liability to Trump than Biden. The reality is he will be what he was always going to be: an election non-entity.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #40644 on: April 22, 2024, 05:10:33 PM »

It may be that Harry and Barton need a time out.
The dems have them sounding like Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #40645 on: April 22, 2024, 05:18:54 PM »

Dump your partisan garbage.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #40646 on: April 22, 2024, 05:23:10 PM »

Dump your partisan garbage.
My point exactly to Harry et al.
Glad you agree.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #40647 on: April 22, 2024, 05:27:09 PM »

LOL!

Most of the money was spent in the USA.

Look it up.
it might be time for you to leave the Biden Plantation.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #40648 on: April 22, 2024, 05:31:32 PM »

It on seems like that to you because you only pay attention to polls that say what you like. Because you saying "dump the partisan garbage" is a strong contender for the biggest self own in this forum's history.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #40649 on: April 22, 2024, 05:57:19 PM »

It on seems like that to you because you only pay attention to polls that say what you like. Because you saying "dump the partisan garbage" is a strong contender for the biggest self own in this forum's history.
I would be in last place if the criterion was partisan.
Pages: 1 ... 2708 2709 [2710] 2711 2712 ... 2729