Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 564

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 118770 times)

bambu.

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #2520 on: January 20, 2023, 03:01:28 AM »

No one of any political persuasion thinks you are a lovely person, Bambi. In that at least there is room for all sides to agree.

Oh yes they do. :)

Maybe not at this site, but this site is not the world.  lol
You clearly do not know what they say about you when your back is turned.

True...but nobody does, you included...lol
Anyway, team bambu is not out to win any popularity contest these days.
Go woke, go broke.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #2521 on: January 20, 2023, 07:41:48 AM »

They
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #2522 on: January 20, 2023, 01:08:35 PM »

The solution to improving our society is that we need to put people first, instead of everyone being greedy and putting money ahead of people.

I have seen how people can successfully help the homeless, but they did it to help the homeless, and it was not about making a profit.

A lady from here in the OC went to Washington DC and she got sixty million dollars to open the Mental Health Association in Santa Ana in order to help the homeless and the mentally ill. She then brought in psychiatrists and councilors and she went to work helping the homeless. They signed the homeless up for all of the government programs to help them, and they got the homeless medical insurance and a doctor and a psychiatrist and got the people on medication if needed, etc. For housing, people such as my friend Lisa bought houses, and she filled the houses full of beds, and she put the homeless people in the houses, and the people lived in Lisa's houses while they waited to get public housing with HUD, etc.

My friends who were helping the homeless were good Christian people who helped the homeless without any concern about making a profit, they did not help people because of the money, they helped people because they were serving God and they were helping God's children.

And they used every piece of aid available from the Federal Government, the State Government, the County Government, and the City Government, as well as money from charities, etc.

People need to have a community here, and people need to care about the community, and people need to nurture the community, and the USA is not just about making money.

And the rich people can help the homeless if they want, guys like Rick Caruso could build housing for the homeless and they can create easy farm jobs for the homeless to do for a living, etc. The homeless can plant orange trees, and they can pick oranges, and they can make orange juice, and they can make cheese, etc. Farm jobs are great for the homeless, and the homeless can live on the farms.

Here in Anaheim the original settlers came from Germany and they came to Anaheim to grow grapes and they wanted to make wine, and they were going to sell wine and have a utopia. They worked together as a team and they wanted to have a community. The grapes were killed by a root disease, and so the settlers started growing oranges, and strawberries, etc, and they succeeded, and now Anaheim and the OC is rich. We need to keep up the same teamwork that the original settlers had when they came here, they worked together as a team.

And no one enjoys being lonely and homeless, everyone would rather have a community and a team. We are tribal creatures, we are not meant to be poor and alone and homeless. We need to help each other like the tribes do.

If I could go get funding to build housing for the homeless and to create farm jobs for the homeless then I would do it for free, my only aim would be to help the people. That is the type of thinking that will save the homeless, people need to help the people without worrying about making a profit, it is not about the money, it needs to be completely about helping the people.

Another way to get money to help the orphans and to help the homeless, etc, would be to get NASA to tell us where the Gold is in Mexico, and use the money from the Gold mines to help the orphans and to help the homeless.

The Franciscan Monks and others can help to teach the homeless how to grow food, etc. And there is the Future Farmers of America, and other groups that can help to teach the homeless how to grow food.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: January 20, 2023, 01:10:32 PM by FlyingVProd »

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #2523 on: January 20, 2023, 01:11:32 PM »

They

You gave Bambu's posts the wordcount they deserve.  Well done.

Punch, brothers, punch with care!
Punch in the presence of the passenjare!

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #2524 on: January 20, 2023, 02:23:17 PM »

They

Oh dear, someone's not happy.
I do so like everyone to be happy...except of course the bad people.
Go woke, go broke.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #2525 on: January 20, 2023, 02:36:06 PM »

I had a roommate here in Anaheim who was a Franciscan Monk, he helped the homeless, that was his mission. He said the Franciscan Monks own a house by Dick Van Dyke in Malibu that someone donated to the Monks, and he lived in Malibu for a while, and then his mission brought him to Anaheim.

I am sure that the Franciscan Monks will help to teach the homeless how to do farming, and the Future Farmers of America can also help to teach the homeless how to grow food.

Rich guys like Rick Caruso need to open farms for the homeless where the homeless people can live and where they can grow food and where the homeless people can make cheese, etc. And the Franciscan Monks will help, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2526 on: January 20, 2023, 02:43:34 PM »

They

Since you are never happy, you must be some really bad people.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #2527 on: January 20, 2023, 03:39:55 PM »

They

Since you are never happy, you must be some really bad people.

Team bambu is always happy, with itself.
Not always happy with what's going on around us and globally.
Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #2528 on: January 20, 2023, 03:48:23 PM »

On my tv new just now:

"Google's parent co Alphabet Inc is to cut 12,000 jobs worldwide."

Jobs are fast disappearing...but the birthrate isn't.
Oh where are people going to work...not everyone can be on 'Fans Only', sell their *feet* online, or have a Youtube video.
Soon people won't even be able to get jobs 'digging ditches', robots will be doing that too.
Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #2529 on: January 20, 2023, 04:03:00 PM »

Speaking of unemployment, poverty, and homelessness. there is a man...
a Black man ...single father, adorable 4yr old twin boys, trying to raise them himself.
He has a Youtube channel:
The Hurtt Twins

He's surviving on whatever he can make from his Youtube channel.
The more people who watch the twins in action, click 'like', the more money he'll get from Youtube.
If he makes it, that might inspire other single parents to make it too.

If he gets enough views he might be able to attract a sponsor, which would be even better.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2023, 04:07:04 PM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #2530 on: January 20, 2023, 04:32:26 PM »

Jeez, get outside. Take a walk!
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #2531 on: January 20, 2023, 06:18:21 PM »

On my tv new just now:

Oh where are people going to work...not everyone can be on 'Fans Only', sell their *feet* online, or have a Youtube video.
Soon people won't even be able to get jobs 'digging ditches', robots will be doing that too.

If everyone was a Christian then everyone could give 10% of their income to the church, and then the church is supposed to help the poor and the homeless and the orphans, etc. But, sadly most people are not Christians, and most people do not give money towards helping the poor.

The answer is to become a more loving society where people help each other.

And rich people like Rick Caruso need to care about our community and they need to use their vast resources to help our society.

The movie studios here in Hollywood need to do more, Paramount needs to hire local people from the community in their area, and they need to invest in the area, etc. The studios can all do more to help.

Fullerton Community College is training people for jobs at Disney now, and that helps.

And people can work from home with home offices, etc.

There will also always be a need for food, housing, and healthcare.

Meanwhile the Wellness Center in Orange is helping people, and the Mental Health Association in Santa Ana is helping people, and people can copy and expand those programs.

People will also learn how to live with less, like the Greeks, people can learn to be happy with a good meal, and a good book, and a telescope to see the sky at night, and with going to see community theatre, etc.

And we need hostels where people can take a shower and sleep in a bed for $15 per night, and we need communes where people can live and work, etc.

We also have good groups such as Kiwanis International to help the people.

Salute,

Tony V.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #2532 on: January 20, 2023, 07:16:40 PM »

McCarthy appears to have become Santos little helper.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2023/01/20/george-santos-lies-summary-house-republicans/

https://archive.ph/rVvhu

(screenshot for nonsubscribers)
Punch, brothers, punch with care!
Punch in the presence of the passenjare!

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #2533 on: January 21, 2023, 12:22:37 PM »

On my tv new just now:

If everyone was a Christian then everyone could give 10% of their income to the church, and then the church is supposed to help the poor and the homeless and the orphans, etc. But, sadly most people are not Christians, and most people do not give money towards helping the poor.

The answer is to become a more loving society where people help each other.

And rich people like Rick Caruso need to care about our community and they need to use their vast resources to help our society.

The movie studios here in Hollywood need to do more, Paramount needs to hire local people from the community in their area, and they need to invest in the area, etc. The studios can all do more to help.

Fullerton Community College is training people for jobs at Disney now, and that helps.

And people can work from home with home offices, etc.

There will also always be a need for food, housing, and healthcare.

Meanwhile the Wellness Center in Orange is helping people, and the Mental Health Association in Santa Ana is helping people, and people can copy and expand those programs.

People will also learn how to live with less, like the Greeks, people can learn to be happy with a good meal, and a good book, and a telescope to see the sky at night, and with going to see community theatre, etc.

And we need hostels where people can take a shower and sleep in a bed for $15 per night, and we need communes where people can live and work, etc.

We also have good groups such as Kiwanis International to help the people.

Salute,

Tony V.

Rick Caruso lit $100 million dollars on fire 8n an effort to elect Karen Bass as Mayor..

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #2534 on: January 21, 2023, 01:09:51 PM »

Mayor Karen Bass is off to a slow start, she said she wanted to be prepared so that she could help the homeless on day 1, but then she had to organize, and she is still organizing, slowly she is helping the homeless, including recently helping the homeless in Santa Monica, but she is off to a slow start. Mayor Bass has my support in helping the homeless, and I will happily send her my ideas. And I can send ideas to Rick Caruso as well. And I sent ideas to Carlos Santana and to Goldie Hawn on Facebook, etc. And I send ideas to Vice President Harris on Facebook.

I want to see Mayor Bass succeed in helping the homeless, and I will help however I can.

I also suggest that people open hostels in Hollywood where people can shower and where people can sleep in a bed for $15 per night.

Salute,

Tony V.
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 564