Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2436 2437 [2438] 2439 2440 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1616959 times)

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #36555 on: June 04, 2020, 12:48:03 PM »

No,  not really.   Alaska needs its bear population.   Ecosystem management is a real thing.   Not everything tribal councils say is brilliant. 

It's also cruel and unsporting.  Concepts that are difficult for the GOP I know.
They understand those concepts. It is their brand.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

bodiddley

• View Profile
Police are Always Armed & Dangerous
« Reply #36556 on: June 04, 2020, 01:09:22 PM »

What do you do when the police start committing senseless violence, start rioting and endanger you and others?

I guess you try to record it, get to safety if possible and hope to survive the assault.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #36557 on: June 04, 2020, 01:37:28 PM »

Sen Murkowski (R-Alasska) endorses Mattis's comments.

From the NYT

Senator Lisa Murkowski, Republican of Alaska, said she endorsed scathing criticism of President Trump’s leadership by James Mattis, the former secretary of defense. “I thought General Mattis’s words were true and honest and necessary and overdue,” she said.

Susan Collins (R-Me) is wringing her hands in concern.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36558 on: June 04, 2020, 01:39:57 PM »

From the NYT

Senator Lisa Murkowski, Republican of Alaska, said she endorsed scathing criticism of President Trump’s leadership by James Mattis, the former secretary of defense. “I thought General Mattis’s words were true and honest and necessary and overdue,” she said.

Collins has written a carefully worded letter protesting Trump's actions, which, on further review, she opted not to send.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

oilcan

« Reply #36559 on: June 04, 2020, 02:25:50 PM »

This is hard to read but it's necessary to be aware...

https://apnews.com/7122aaf2c54ed22590a5b8d32565a58f

Racial slur used by cracker after the cracker shot Almery.   

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36560 on: June 04, 2020, 02:28:57 PM »

Josh posted it.   I replied to the points I thought relevant.  You quoted from it,  and that peculiar little snip about centuries old traditions was offered by you.    Time for your senility pills,  pops.
And you understand nothing about it.

Barton doesn’t seem to be experiencing senility personally. His posts don’t have the anger, ineptitude, and incoherence that yours do. Nor does he have your habit of making copious keyboard flubs.

Barton also reads widely and effectively instead of building a bunker in his mind out of every lie grifters want to sell him, so while he isn’t obviously suffering from senility the way you are, it’s a safe bet he knows more accurate information on the topic than you do.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

barton

« Reply #36563 on: June 04, 2020, 02:56:58 PM »

I'm an emotional camel:  I can go for weeks on affirmations like "doesn't seem to be experiencing senility... "  Gracias. 

I am working on a bear joke with some possible answers.   Feel free to add yours...

Q.   What's the difference between Trump in the White House and a bear hibernating in its den?   

Answer 1:  The bear eventually returns to consciousness.

Answer  2:  The bear is burning its fat.

Answer 3:  The bear doesn't shit on everything.

Answer 4:  Both are lured out by bright lights,  but fewer people want to shoot the bear.

Answer 5:  The bear eats a woman after he's mauled her.   

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #36564 on: June 04, 2020, 03:06:50 PM »

I like answer four, which gets truer every day.

And the bear has better posture.

The bear owes a lot less money to Russian oligarchs.

Fewer people are serving time for felonies committed in relation to their work for the bear. 

http://www.theweek.com/speedreads/918207/john-kelly-tacitly-reminds-trump-that-did-not-fire-mattis

Richard P. Feynman

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #36565 on: June 04, 2020, 03:07:44 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/04/media/rudy-giuliani-piers-morgan-argument/index.html

Piers Morgan tells Rudy Giuliani on live TV: You've gone completely mad and you sound deranged

The interview went south four minutes into the 13-minute long interview when Morgan asked Giuliani about Trump's "when the looting starts, the shooting starts" tweet in reference to the nationwide protests against police brutality. (The controversial tweet was hidden by Twitter for violating its rules against glorifying violence.)
Morgan pushed Giuliani to explain why Trump used the quote, to which an increasingly agitated Giuliani replied: "It isn't inflammatory, it's accurate."

You sound completely barking mad," Morgan said. "You've lost the plot."

Giuliani then turned the argument more personal, saying he "really" knows why Morgan's former CNN show was cancelled with a phrase that sounded like either "f---ed up" or "sucked up."

Giuliani later in the interview denied he used profanity, but wouldn't say what word he used that might have sounded liked it.
Morgan hosted his self-titled show for three years on CNN before it was canceled in 2014.

Morgan said Giuliani has gone "completely mad, you sound deranged and you're abusive." Giuliani responded saying he's lost respect for Morgan and said "everyone in America knows you're a failed journalist."

"You've come on here, you've been rude and abusive," Morgan said trying to end the interview. "You sound unhinged. You've been using profanity and you were somebody I used to admire."

facilitatorn

• View Profile

Richard P. Feynman

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #36567 on: June 04, 2020, 03:16:12 PM »

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/hitler-holding-bible/

Such a great comparison photo.

Such a good fake.

Always thus. Newsreels in America showed Hitler ‘dancing a jig’ after the fall of France. It was a ridiculous fake.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #36568 on: June 04, 2020, 03:17:04 PM »

From the NYT

Collins has written a carefully worded letter protesting Trump's actions, which, on further review, she opted not to send.

Boom!
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #36569 on: June 04, 2020, 03:17:34 PM »

CNN continues to state tear gas was used to clear path to St John's Church

https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/george-floyd-protests-06-04-20/index.html
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -
Pages: 1 ... 2436 2437 [2438] 2439 2440 ... 4288