Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1346 1347 [1348] 1349 1350 ... 1849

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 935093 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #20205 on: August 23, 2021, 05:17:07 PM »

If we are starting the chart -

44 wins.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #20206 on: August 23, 2021, 05:32:51 PM »

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #20207 on: August 23, 2021, 07:44:58 PM »

"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20208 on: August 23, 2021, 09:20:47 PM »

48-34. 

52-30.

42-40

Fac, even if you go above Chip, he's forever PP#1. You stuck with #2 😼

Cold eyed realism, Carlos. We good.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
Take Me To Your Leader
« Reply #20209 on: August 23, 2021, 10:10:26 PM »

52-30.

So are we.

I'm with you. 

Being such an unapologetic PP, I felt it necessary to reign in my unbridled enthusiasm. 

Noel-Randle-Fournier-Barrett-Walker
Robinson-Toppin-Burks-Quickley-Rose

GENUINELY TEN DEEP

McBride, Grimes, Knox, Gibson, ________ [and 11-15 are not too shabby]

Fournier and Walker are significant additions. 

I do believe Thibs is going to make Mitchell earn the top spot. 

I do believe that our eight rotation players, a year older, a year wiser, a year of experience playing together, a year of experience executing Thibs' schemes. 

I do believer, howsoever creaky and subject to the rigors of combat and the passage of time our Ancient Mariners might be, we are going into 2021-2022 with Kemba Walker, Derrick Rose, Miles McBride and Immanuel Quickley, as opposed to Elfrid Payton, Frank Ntililkina, Dennis Smith and Immanuel Quickley. 

Not simply craftiness and leadership, but an offensive acumen, an ability to go north south AND FINISH, a toughness, that should be an extension of THIBS on the floor, our first genuine courtside coaches since Jason Kidd...capable of creating easier opportunities for everyone. 

41-41? 

44-38?

47-35?

48-34?

52-30? 

Teams are not coming onto our floor thinking about the ESPN highlight reel. 

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #20210 on: August 24, 2021, 02:19:38 AM »

Thibs made Mitch earn the top spot last season, which he did.

Rose can take the second unit and beat Walker running the first.

Rose can take the first unit and beat Walker running the second.

Rose should start. Just like Thibs starts Mitch over Noel when both are available, Thibs will start Rose over Walker.

Kemba needs to think Starks, Crawford, and JR for this stretch of his career as a template for his Knicks greatness.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Jack Straw

• View Profile
« Reply #20211 on: August 24, 2021, 08:41:21 AM »

interesting upcoming season, no one will overlook the Knicks vs. a more potent Knicks offense & Thibs  doing his Svenjolly thing...

Kiid - don't you mean 45...I mean you always go with 45

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #20212 on: August 24, 2021, 08:53:52 AM »

I dont think you take a Walker and make him a second unit guy

He has come off the bench just TWICE since he was 21 years old (638 games)

What would Kemba make ($$) if he was on the open market (a free agent, had there been no buyout $$)?

RESPECT.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #20213 on: August 24, 2021, 01:15:59 PM »

If you want him available for most of the games played over the next two seasons, you play Kemba off the bench.

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #20214 on: August 24, 2021, 01:43:16 PM »

Might simply be with Kemba's bad knee that it's best for him to start after he's warmed up.  His health is a real wildcard for NYK.  Rose and Quix and a rook can cover the minutes for games Kemba misses.  But you don't want to wear Rose down.

If you want him available for most of the games played over the next two seasons, you play Kemba off the bench.

Demonstrably untrue.  Didn't you watch last season?  Elf started at PG and played just under 24 mins a night.  And after Rose was acquired, especially Elf was down under 20 mpg in April, and around 16 mins in May as he slumped.  I agree it's unconventional, but we already saw a season of Thibs playing his starting PG half a game or less.

Will be interesting to see how our defense holds since we swapped O (Kemba & Fournier) for D (Elf & Bullocks).  Can Thibs/NYK maintain a Top 10 D?  Will the offense be more potent and less reliant on Randle (and on 1-on-1 play from Julius Rose, Burks, Quix).

Can someone collect Win Predictions and stash them in the NBA forum?
Too early for me to toss out a guess.  A lot of East teams have gotten better.  Knix should be able to claw their way above .500.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

chipstern

• View Profile
Kemba
« Reply #20215 on: August 24, 2021, 02:20:23 PM »

Think your take on Kemba starting is correct, Diddly. 

As for the D for O trade off?  That remains to be seen.  Sometimes the best defense is a good offense.  Elfrid and Reggie were stalwart defenders, but how much did they make the cats guarding them work on the other end? 

Watching Elfrid in Knicks highlight reels from the beginning of the season, he was playing really well on both ends, approaching triple double country on many nights before the Rose Trade.  WAS FINISHING at the hoop.  Of course, other teams could cheat off of his jumper.  And while a streaky Reggie could be deadly off the catch and shoot, and had a really nice chemistry with Julius, defenses could cheat off of him as well. 

Kemba and Evan both demand more serious attention off of the dribble, and that has implications for Julius and RJ and how they can enhance their attack mode. 

A concern for me, vis a vis attack mode, are the diminishing number of FT attempts for both Walker and Fournier these past two seasons.  KW is a career 85% FT shooter, and EF around 80%.  Only a small sample for the Celtics, but Fournier was shooting around 46% from trey, but hardly getting to the line, a matter of usage.  And Walker who tallied like 420 and 450 FT attempts his final two season with the Hornets, saw his FT attempts plummet in Boston, a matter of usage and injuries.  A significant tell for the Knicks, because in 2020-2021 Kemba was an .899 FT shooter for the Celtics. 

Anyway, Thibs generally finds a way to get EVERYONE involved on defense.  And having a healthy, motivated  Mitchell and a one year older, one year wiser, 2 +1 year more prosperous Nerlens [$8,800,000 $9,240,000, $9,680,000...rather reasonable numbers, are they not?] and Papa Taj suggests that we have a physical/athletic presence round the rim to clean up some miscues. 

The challenge for 2021-2022 is to create more offensive diversity and efficiency, no? 
« Last Edit: August 24, 2021, 02:43:27 PM by chipstern »

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks 21-22
« Reply #20216 on: August 24, 2021, 03:07:17 PM »

48-34. 

52-30.

42-40

44 wins.

Can someone collect Win Predictions and stash them in the NBA forum?
Too early for me to toss out a guess.  A lot of East teams have gotten better.  Knix should be able to claw their way above .500.

BoZ proving that he's special, so he wants someone to collect Win Predictions, but he won't make one.

Also, waiting for the Kamster and my doggie (and Mr. Utley, lol).

46 wins.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Les?
« Reply #20217 on: August 24, 2021, 03:25:29 PM »

Les, my doggie, we need your number, woof! 🦮

Also, Bank, luee, elephant, josh...

Who else? Does chamaacocartero8 qualify for a Prediction, in addition to chamacocartero8?

How about Klint? He's been out for a loooong time.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2021, 04:20:55 PM by carlos123 »
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

chipstern

• View Profile
Damaged Goods
« Reply #20218 on: August 24, 2021, 04:25:42 PM »

Worth Remembering That There Is Gold in Them Thar Hills, Even When We Are Talking About Damaged Goods. 

Statistically, the numbers that the Larry Johnson of 1998-1999 posted, do not leap out at you, and his back was a wet mess, but he still played through pain to the tune of 30+Plus minutes a night, led us to the NBA Finals, and was an inspiration to our fans and his team mates. 

Yes, we lost 4-1, but from Game 3 on, we competed way over our heads, and in a conclusive game five, we clawed and scratched before falling to the better team, 78-77. 

We all know, Thibs and Rose and company all know, that Kemba Walker ain't the Kemba of his salad days, any more than Derrick Rose was when he re-arrived in New York. 

Re-purposed as a den mother to the second unit, Rose raised his game to heroic proportions, and played way over his head and beyond his endurance in the playoffs.  Even as a ghost of Xmas Passed, Rose was an extension of THIBS on the floor, and proved such superior skill set and leadership, that he led us to the fourth seed in the playoffs, and our first winning season since Jason Kidd led a geriatric squad to the playoffs under Coach Woodson.  Good enough to warrant a generous 2+1 [$13,445,120, $14,520,730, $15,596,339] and the opportunity to give us the most competitive PG platoon we've fielded since Charlie Ward & Chris Childs. 

Kemba Walker will NOT BE TASKED with being a savior.  No, seriously.  Walker and Rose WILL BE TASKED with providing a competitive veteran presence so as to allow our young vets and our protean puppies to raise their games and ascend to the next level.  The Next Level Of Winning. 

Kemba and Derrick are functioning coaches every bit as much as Johnnie Bryant and Kenny Payne.  We are looking to solidify and advance our culture, be it for the eventual arrival of the ONE TRUE SUPERSTAR [if I were to make a prediction out of the usual suspects, it would probably be ZION] or simply to ripen and solidify the low hanging fruit we currently have on board. 

Me?  I would have been inclined to make a run at Lonzo Ball. 

But the Knicks, and most likely Coach Thibs, were more comfortable with and inclined to bring on a veteran presence to go with Rose, and thus help nurture the likes of IQ and Deuce [and somewhere down the line, presumably, Jokubaitis]. 

Again, BUILDING A CULTURE, playing the right way, in this case, THIBS' way. 

A roll of the dice, but one I am comfortable with, as clearly, Thibs and Rose are. 

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #20219 on: August 24, 2021, 05:02:47 PM »

Rose is further along then Kemba to adjusting his game to a half-bounce effective style where he’s still relatively quick and strong and can take advantage. There may be something to the idea of getting the most out of Kemba once he’s warm that might be a key to shaping the lineup.

Interesting. Can’t wait to see how it unfolds.

I think we’ll be at least as happy with Fournier as the Bulls are with Lonzo. The Bulls could be better off than their roster indicates due to Carlyle’s knack for stitching reasonable defense out of rosters conspicuous for a lack of players with defensive reputations.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 1346 1347 [1348] 1349 1350 ... 1849