Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3308 3309 [3310] 3311 3312 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1624402 times)

barton

Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #49635 on: September 08, 2020, 02:07:10 PM »

“Never listen to a multimillionaire that made it here in America, but trashes our country," Owens tweeted.
You mean like Donald Trump?

It's fun when Kid lobs them over the plate at 15 mph.   

barton

« Reply #49636 on: September 08, 2020, 02:12:19 PM »

http://euromaidanpress.com/2020/09/07/belarus-opposition-leader-kalesnikava-kidnapped-in-broad-daylight-as-protests-enter-30th-day/
I am sure that this, too, will bring swift condemnation from President Trump.

What happened is after a day of detention they took her to the border with Ukraine and tried to expel her from Belarus, but she refused to leave the country.  So last I heard there's a standoff at the border.  Pretty brave as her main options are really exile or jail, since she is in custody.

Her and the recently Novichok'd Russian opp guy are heroes of democracy.   Hope they both survive and thrive. 

Meanwhile there is DeJoy in Mudville...

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-post-office/house-democrats-call-for-u-s-postal-chiefs-suspension-launch-probe-idUSKBN25Z0H2

barton

« Reply #49637 on: September 08, 2020, 02:20:37 PM »

So, Rwd and kiid, explain to me why you find the Trump comments about military service, reported in the Atlantic and corroborated by other news agencies,  including Faux News, to not be credible.

https://www.msnbc.com/morning-joe/watch/trump-suggests-pentagon-leaders-are-war-profiteers-91233349880?cid=sm_npd_ms_fb_ma

Now the sport shifts from baseball to greased pig catching.   

What's ridiculous, as usual,  is the denials in spite of many things that were said into a live mike.   

We already know it quacks like a duck.   So when reliable sources tell reporters that they heard the duck also quacking off-mike,  it's not that hard to believe.   

barton

« Reply #49638 on: September 08, 2020, 02:27:23 PM »

So, Rwd and kiid, explain to me why you find the Trump comments about military service, reported in the Atlantic and corroborated by other news agencies,  including Faux News, to not be credible.

https://www.msnbc.com/morning-joe/watch/trump-suggests-pentagon-leaders-are-war-profiteers-91233349880?cid=sm_npd_ms_fb_ma

I think you'd be better off just posting your thoughts, without targeting other members of this forum.

Why are you targeting Hairy?   I posed the same request for explanation.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #49639 on: September 08, 2020, 02:40:08 PM »

I think you'd be better off just posting your thoughts, without targeting other members of this forum.

You got the same answer.   

oilcan

« Reply #49640 on: September 08, 2020, 02:48:43 PM »

No explanation IOW. 

Trump insulted John McCain's service in the military,  in front of a microphone, in 2015.  T or F?   

Plenty of examples like that,  where it's on the record.  Your denials are childish.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #49641 on: September 08, 2020, 02:51:02 PM »

Red is an educator with a tax cut.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49642 on: September 08, 2020, 02:51:45 PM »

You got the same answer.

Red agrees with trump’s disparagement of the US military. He is ready to kowtow to the Red Army when it arrives through Sarah Palin’s back door.

Kiid doesn’t want to talk about his sexual hang ups or drug addled takes on politics, policy, or society.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #49643 on: September 08, 2020, 02:58:22 PM »

I'm not really sure I understand the Sino-Oz tussle.
Is it just one of those tit-for-tat things that just escalated?
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-54070709
But when it involves journalist being detained and kicked out, that's not good.  Though NYT and WSJ reporters get booted from China now and then.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49644 on: September 08, 2020, 03:16:15 PM »

Well, in the sense that I did not expect a substantive response from either of you, perhaps.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49645 on: September 08, 2020, 03:17:07 PM »

They weren’t corroborated.

cor·rob·o·rate
/kəˈräbəˌrāt/
Learn to pronounce
verb
confirm or give support to (a statement, theory, or finding).

Sounds like it was corroborated to me.
Well, language skills are not his wheelhouse.
LOL!
I take that as an admission.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #49646 on: September 08, 2020, 03:50:30 PM »

No explanation IOW. 

Trump insulted John McCain's service in the military,  in front of a microphone, in 2015.  T or F?   

Plenty of examples like that,  where it's on the record.  Your denials are childish.

In campaign - much worse said of Trump.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #49647 on: September 08, 2020, 03:52:16 PM »

Al Sharpton on MSNBC, September 8, 2020

We need to re-imagine how we do policing, but ... to take all policing off is something a latte liberal may go for as they sit around the Hamptons discussing this as an academic problem.

But people living on the ground need proper policing,”

Yeah. And?
If someone like Al Sharpton can figuratively note the Emperors are naked don’t be surprised if a lot of blacks feel the same way come Election Day.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #49648 on: September 08, 2020, 04:00:33 PM »

Red has his finger on the pulse of the African-American community.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #49649 on: September 08, 2020, 04:01:30 PM »

Your original response was clear.

‘Nuff said.

Your original response was clearly wrong. Your decision to get all pig faced about it was clearly expected and in character.
But it keeps him from having to acknowledge "loser sucker" dead soldiers so it meets his purpose.

Exactly.
Even when RED is often wrong it serves his purpose if he can distract enough folks to clog up the forum with pointless back and forth.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown
Pages: 1 ... 3308 3309 [3310] 3311 3312 ... 4288