Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3310 3311 [3312] 3313 3314 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1622815 times)

bambu.

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #49665 on: September 08, 2020, 05:32:18 PM »

I'm not really sure I understand the Sino-Oz tussle.
Is it just one of those tit-for-tat things that just escalated?
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-54070709
But when it involves journalist being detained and kicked out, that's not good.  Though NYT and WSJ reporters get booted from China now and then.

Officials from the Chinese Ministry of National Security knocked on the doors of the two Aussie journalists (White males) at separate locations around midnight.
"You are a person of interest in the case of ........
(Aussie female journalist of Chinese heritage who grew up in Oz and was working for China state media in China and who has been arrested and held in China)...you will not be allowed to leave China."
Both journalists are now home safely.
Only one Oz journalist left in China now...the one in prison.

What's going on?
Xi is picking fights with everyone, and has told his people to prepare for war...according to experts on my tv kast night.
They also said that Australia should prepare for an invasion.
Charming.
Exactly why Australia should've had nuke-armed subs long ago.
Go woke, go broke.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #49667 on: September 08, 2020, 05:44:24 PM »

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #49668 on: September 08, 2020, 05:46:16 PM »

Given that Biden/Harris/Pelosi/Sanders are favoured to win the election...the question is...if China were to invade
Australia, would they go to war with China?
Go woke, go broke.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #49669 on: September 08, 2020, 05:47:37 PM »

Given that Biden/Harris/Pelosi/Sanders are favoured to win the election...the question is...if China were to invade
Australia, would they go to war with China?

Just pull the covers over your head.

Lyndon Johnson

barton

« Reply #49670 on: September 08, 2020, 05:51:20 PM »

https://mobile.twitter.com/MichaelRapaport/status/1303137489415151616

What is the context here?   The sound is poor quality,  and a viewer has no idea what precipitated the confrontation with the manager.   No competent journalist would run a story on a couple minutes of video without some context.  Could  this be why only partisan hacks dumped this on social media?   "Look,  angry black people!  Scary! "

barton

« Reply #49672 on: September 08, 2020, 06:01:59 PM »

No explanation IOW. 

Trump insulted John McCain's service in the military,  in front of a microphone, in 2015.  T or F?   

Plenty of examples like that,  where it's on the record.  Your denials are childish.

In campaign - much worse said of Trump.

And every bit of it true.

You are a disciple in a cult.

The attacks on Trump were just on him,  and his character.  The slurs against McCain et al were against a large group of people.   There's a difference between condemning an individual for their words and actions,  and condemnation of a whole class of people.   The latter is bigotry.   If Trump isn't capable of understanding why keeping your shit together for years in a pow camp is heroic,  then he isn't fit to be commander-in-chief.

More childish whataboutism from Kid.   

barton

« Reply #49673 on: September 08, 2020, 06:09:03 PM »

America is going to mine on the moon.
International agreement is being sought so countries will sign up not to do that.

I know work isn't your thing,  but your quarters would be underground and hermetically sealed.   Dare to dream!

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49674 on: September 08, 2020, 06:12:30 PM »

I'm not really sure I understand the Sino-Oz tussle.
Is it just one of those tit-for-tat things that just escalated?
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-54070709
But when it involves journalist being detained and kicked out, that's not good.  Though NYT and WSJ reporters get booted from China now and then.

Officials from the Chinese Ministry of National Security knocked on the doors of the two Aussie journalists (White males) at separate locations around midnight.
"You are a person of interest in the case of ........
(Aussie female journalist of Chinese heritage who grew up in Oz and was working for China state media in China and who has been arrested and held in China)...you will not be allowed to leave China."
Both journalists are now home safely.
Only one Oz journalist left in China now...the one in prison.

What's going on?
Xi is picking fights with everyone, and has told his people to prepare for war...according to experts on my tv kast night.
They also said that Australia should prepare for an invasion.
Charming.
Exactly why Australia should've had nuke-armed subs long ago.
No nukes for you, you racist wombat.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Echo2

• View Profile
« Reply #49675 on: September 08, 2020, 06:19:23 PM »

No explanation IOW. 

Trump insulted John McCain's service in the military,  in front of a microphone, in 2015.  T or F?   

Plenty of examples like that,  where it's on the record.  Your denials are childish.

In campaign - much worse said of Trump.

Look! A non-denial.

AKA "He started it!" except that McCain did not start it. Nor did he say "much worse" during the campaign.

Echo2

• View Profile
« Reply #49676 on: September 08, 2020, 06:21:35 PM »

https://www.theepochtimes.com/new-hampshire-man-arrested-for-voting-twice-in-2016-election_3488035.html

Project Veritas catches a double voter. NH doesn't act swiftly enough for their tastes, though.

Steer clear of this outlet run by Falun Gong. It’s the epitome of fake news

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/media/two-sites-that-amplify-hoaxes-given-special-treatment-at-trumps-briefings-despite-restrictions/2020/08/14/8579032e-de6e-11ea-809e-b8be57ba616e_story.html

This one was also in the local NH paper. I don't trust O'Keefe, but that doesn't make every single thing he does wrong, merely wrongly motivated.

barton

« Reply #49677 on: September 08, 2020, 06:28:59 PM »

Once again, I am prompted to link to one of my favorite zoological topics....

https://gizmodo.com/wombat-poop-is-cube-shaped-1603606922

When you squeeze out little bricks,  it's easy to keep your shit together.

Ultimately, some species may evolve Lego shaped scat,  and be able to build veritable fortresses of feces.   

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #49678 on: September 08, 2020, 06:33:04 PM »

https://www.theepochtimes.com/new-hampshire-man-arrested-for-voting-twice-in-2016-election_3488035.html

Project Veritas catches a double voter. NH doesn't act swiftly enough for their tastes, though.

Steer clear of this outlet run by Falun Gong. It’s the epitome of fake news

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/media/two-sites-that-amplify-hoaxes-given-special-treatment-at-trumps-briefings-despite-restrictions/2020/08/14/8579032e-de6e-11ea-809e-b8be57ba616e_story.html

This one was also in the local NH paper. I don't trust O'Keefe, but that doesn't make every single thing he does wrong, merely wrongly motivated.

He burned any bit of credibility years ago.

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 3310 3311 [3312] 3313 3314 ... 4288