Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1043 1044 [1045] 1046 1047 ... 1849

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 927521 times)

chipstern

• View Profile
No? How About WHY?
« Reply #15660 on: December 22, 2020, 10:50:12 AM »

And of course the better news - New Orleans decides to wait on Ball rather than give him 15-20 mil per

He will most likely get and decline the 14+ mil qualifier this summer and be available for us to try to grab.

(Let's hear all the NO - Quickley is better)

Over the course of three seasons...

Lonzo Ball

11.8 ppg
7.0 assists
6.1 rebounds
1.5 steals
2.7 turnovers

Nice

.390 FG%
.341 3PT%
.487 FT% [95-195]

Not So Nice

I am sure he will do better this season, but the Pelicans seem to be saying....NEXT STEP. 

And then in 2021 he will be a RFA.

So the response is not NO, or a suggestion based on 4 preseason games that Quickley is better but rather......

Is Lonzo better than....

Elfrid Payton

Over the course of six seasons...

11.0 ppg
6.6 assists
4.4 rebounds
1.3 steals
2.4 turnovers

.452 FG%
.289 3PT%
.625 FT% [589-943]

So, New Orleans not extending a qualifying offer to Lonzo.

Are we extending offers to Frank or Dennis?

Same conundrum.

What have we got. 

I certainly think Lonzo has evolved more than Frank or Dennis. 

But....ELFRID? 
« Last Edit: December 22, 2020, 10:51:43 AM by chipstern »

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #15661 on: December 22, 2020, 10:53:32 AM »

Article on Thibs:
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/30545155/is-new-york-knicks-coach-tom-thibodeau-too-tough-toughest-job-sports

I wish they discussed his time in Minny more, as that's both the most recent version of Thibs coaching and somewhat similar to what he has in NYK.

KAT thought the environment was too martial for the young pups who needed to mature as well as learn NBA hoops.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #15662 on: December 22, 2020, 11:03:59 AM »

Article on Thibs:
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/30545155/is-new-york-knicks-coach-tom-thibodeau-too-tough-toughest-job-sports

I wish they discussed his time in Minny more, as that's both the most recent version of Thibs coaching and somewhat similar to what he has in NYK.

KAT thought the environment was too martial for the young pups who needed to mature as well as learn NBA hoops.

KAT was not exactly a defensive stalwart, was he now? 

So, are we judging Thibs based upon KAT's perspective? 

Some players excell when challenged.  Others bristle. 

In 2017-2018, the Wolves had a winning record in their second season under Thibs, and KAT's 3-point% rose to .421% from .367 and his FT% rose to .858% from .832. 

chipstern

• View Profile
Isaac Okoro
« Reply #15663 on: December 22, 2020, 11:07:52 AM »

Okoro averaged 11.3 points on 53.8% shooting and 45.5% from deep to go with 2.3 assists, 1.8 rebounds and 1.3 steals in the preseason.

chipstern

• View Profile
CLICKBAIT [DailyKnicks]: Morons Are US
« Reply #15664 on: December 22, 2020, 11:14:22 AM »

This is clickbait.

The headline read THE KNICKS SHOULD TRADE FOR JAMES HARDEN.

OK, Red Auerbach, show us what you've got. 

Knicks Get: James Harden

Rockets Get: Julius Randle, RJ Barrett, Mitchell Robinson, Kevin Knox, Mavs 2021 1st Round Pick, Knicks 2022 & 2023 1st Round Picks, Knicks 2024 1st Round Pick (Top 10 Protected)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #15665 on: December 22, 2020, 11:53:40 AM »

Hawks thoughts on cap space - interesting

“I said this to Travis: What’s the point of having all of this cap space if you don’t use it? That’s like looking at a fancy toy that you could never get your hands on. To me, using the cap space was building the cap space, positioning ourselves for this and not using it would have been the great frustration, and Travis certainly shared that view and did everything he could to make sure he used the cap space. We used every bit of that cap space. He did exactly what he was supposed to do, and I’m here with great confidence.” – via Chris Kirschner @ The Athletic
 Antony Ressler, Atlanta Hawks

Kind of like we did a year ago
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #15666 on: December 22, 2020, 11:55:25 AM »

Is Lonzo better than....

Elfrid Payton

Do you have EYES?

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #15667 on: December 22, 2020, 11:57:53 AM »

So, New Orleans not extending a qualifying offer to Lonzo.

Yes, they will

And likely he takes it - and becomes unrestricted for '22-'23 - at which point - unfortunately - his game will be at the level where it wont be just NY and a couple other teams interested.

We want Ball to turn down the offer - so that we can make a massive offer NEXT year.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2020, 12:20:54 PM by kidcarter8 »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #15668 on: December 22, 2020, 12:16:35 PM »

After virtually every player, coach and staff member kneeled for the national anthem in the bubble at the Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, Florida, earlier this year, Silver said he expects the league to return to its policy of standing for the anthem. He did say that the league has continued dialogue with players on the subject, and while there won’t be punishments if people choose not to stand, if there are to be changes to that policy, they will be agreed upon by everyone. “There’s always been this notion that this league is bigger than one team, one player, one league office,” Silver said. “I think it’s why we’ve been so successful over the years, because we really do come together and work through in some cases very difficult issues. – via Tim Bontemps @ ESPN

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #15669 on: December 22, 2020, 12:29:29 PM »

Could be he is right, for what that Minny group was

Could also be that

- we have a group that will take to this coaching style better
- Thibs remains the same style coach but tweaks it based on what has happened with past teams, as the better coaches do.

elephant

• View Profile
Re: CLICKBAIT [DailyKnicks]: Morons Are US
« Reply #15670 on: December 22, 2020, 01:22:13 PM »

This is clickbait.

Rockets Get: Julius Randle, RJ Barrett, Mitchell Robinson, Kevin Knox, Mavs 2021 1st Round Pick, Knicks 2022 & 2023 1st Round Picks, Knicks 2024 1st Round Pick (Top 10 Protected)

Yeah, twisted and absurd.

I've seen articles just like this in the last few weeks (here's one, https://bit.ly/38rMyhN), and wondered, Do people actually make any dough writing this shit?

BTW, I've got no problem with Harden playing for the Knicks...with a way more reasonable trade. And yeah, that won't happen. But I can't understand why a team like the Miami Heat would EVER consider bringing Harden in. They've got something so good going on there. I saw them play the Knicks last year in Miami and was blown away by the young talent. So I was surprised that they were even looking seriously in that direction. Now apparently they're moving on.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #15671 on: December 22, 2020, 01:42:56 PM »

Adding Harden just for picks and salary matches wouldnt help the Heat?

You're daft.

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #15672 on: December 22, 2020, 01:53:42 PM »

Adding Harden just for picks and salary matches wouldnt help the Heat?

You're daft.

Perhaps I misunderstand you.

Salary matches are human beings, are they not? You know, basketball players?

Which are the ones you would have the Heat give up to get Harden?

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Isaac Okoro
« Reply #15673 on: December 22, 2020, 02:21:32 PM »

Okoro averaged 11.3 points on 53.8% shooting and 45.5% from deep to go with 2.3 assists, 1.8 rebounds and 1.3 steals in the preseason.

He’ll be a very solid SG. Cleveland’s roster is going to have him getting whomped at the SF more minutes than it probably should due to lack of better options.

Lonzo is a 7 or 8 mil pg right now. If he busts ass through this year and next, he could do well for himself in the subsequent offseason as a UFA. He could make it interesting this year depending on the role he takes with this group of Pels.

It’s surprisingly refreshing to see your posts, elephant.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

FWK00

• View Profile
Re: CLICKBAIT [DailyKnicks]: Morons Are US
« Reply #15674 on: December 22, 2020, 02:27:44 PM »

This is clickbait.

That photo was taken in a moment of weakness.

Chip, yes, that trade is cringe-worthy stuff.

However, I don't think its unrealistic to consider Hardon in the Gardon.

Harden wouldn't come cheap so there's going to be a bite taken out of some stan's man.

We've talked about this privately but if New York suddenly became home to two NBA mega-teams in proximity to Philly's powerhouse, the area would go radioactive.  It would be something akin to a new, metaphorical Twin Towers.

I'd be okay more along the lines of Randle, Bullock, Knox, MR, and the Mavs first-rounders for Harden and Kenyon Martin, Jr
Pages: 1 ... 1043 1044 [1045] 1046 1047 ... 1849