Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1218 1219 [1220] 1221 1222 ... 1849

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 925379 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #18285 on: April 20, 2021, 08:58:24 PM »

- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #18286 on: April 20, 2021, 10:18:40 PM »

7 in a row!

Reggie Bullock is our 3 and D guy
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #18287 on: April 20, 2021, 10:20:27 PM »

NOBODY in Knicks history has ever avg at least 20 PPG, 10 RPG, and 6 APG in a season.

Julius Randle season stats:
23.7 PPG
10.5 RPG
6.1 APG

The Knicks have been around since 1946.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18288 on: April 20, 2021, 10:50:22 PM »

It’s nice to be a game and a half up on Miami at this point, very nice. Tonight was the night we hit my number. It’s all gravy from here on out as far as I’m concerned.

If PR would rather, they can declare independence. The current state of affairs is definitely working against the island. Fully in or fully out would each be a better basis for the relationship.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Puerto Rico
« Reply #18289 on: April 20, 2021, 11:22:57 PM »

It’s nice to be a game and a half up on Miami at this point, very nice. Tonight was the night we hit my number. It’s all gravy from here on out as far as I’m concerned.

If PR would rather, they can declare independence. The current state of affairs is definitely working against the island. Fully in or fully out would each be a better basis for the relationship.

Fac, you may be right, I don’t know. My point is that they, not you or me or even Chamaco, should decide for themselves. As far as I know, they’ve been asked a couple of times and decided to remain an Estado Libre Asociado, maybe the no-federal-taxes status is a powerful incentive.

PS. KP tosses salads in Dallas. Go Kamster!!!
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

chipstern

• View Profile
NEXT MAN UP
« Reply #18290 on: April 21, 2021, 12:46:48 AM »

7 in a row!

Reggie Bullock is our 3 and D guy

Wonder if BoD noticed. 

Think we'd have been better with Deni Avdija than the lay down the THREE POINT Law Firm of Bullock [.401%] & Burke [.408%] Esquire, and their junior partner at the WINGS, R.J. Barrett [.383%]

Frank Ntilikina [.474%]
Julius Randle [.405%]
Kevin Knox [.395%]
Immanuel Quickley [.375%]
Derrick Rose [.368%]

That we top the league in defending the three, while being surprisingly efficient with the minimal number of threes we launch....

That Charlotte nuked us from trey in the first half, scoring 66 points, and then we emerged from the locker room with Kindly Uncle Tom, and just sat on their fucking faces to the tune of 31 points, is simply unreal.  When was the last time we had a coaching staff that could devise adjustments on the fly like Tom and Johnny and Kenny & COMPANY? 

Oh yeah, they were without Lonzo and Gordon? 

Well, we were without Mitchell and Alec. 

HELLO. 

Since the comeback against the Grizz and our relative domination of the vulnerable Lakers [who'd beaten the Nyets the night before, right?], WE HAVE BEEN A DIFFERENT TEAM.

We switched into another gear on DEFENSE.  The energy and camradarie is palpable, electric.  DEFENSE BEING A TEAM PSYCHE. 

And while our BIG THREE of Randle, Barrett and Rose is not as sexy as Durant, Harden and Irving, I think it is fair to say we have a big three. 

And NEXT MAN UP?

Thibs ain't kidding. 

Mitchell went down, and Nerlens and Taj stepped it up [10-19-2-2-4]

Alex went down and RJ, Rose & Reggie stepped it up [57 points], on a night when much of what Our Walking Triple Double Julius did was not box score fodder [HoHum....16-10-7-2], but THE CAPTAIN was impactful in ever way shape and form, the skeleton key which weaponmizes and unlocks our ball movement and defense. 

DAMN

« Last Edit: April 21, 2021, 12:52:24 AM by chipstern »

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #18291 on: April 21, 2021, 01:29:43 AM »

Avdija has been a rook disappointed.  I believed he'd go Top 5 and don't think i even saw a video of him.  Was considered NBA ready, with an all-around game.  When I've seen WIZ (not for a month or more now), Deni has been passive, just a non-factor.  They might want to slide him to the GLeague and let him hone his skills and boost his confidence there for a few weeks.  Is the GLeague still playing this year?

TyH was the pick.  And he would have boosted our team in many ways.  TyH does a lot of smart hustle plays, and adjusts according to what his team needs any particular game. Really enjoy his game/style/smarts.

If we had drafted a Bridges instead of Knox and tyH over ObiT, this Knick team could be legit Top 4 in the East and dangerous.

Reg Bollocks has been terrific this year.  Our best two-way player.  Reg and Mitch/Noel/Taj have been the core of our top NBA defense all season.  While Reg has had a sweet stroke.  There's a reason that Randle seeks him out over and over.  Shame on those who wanted Burks to start over Bullox.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2021, 01:57:34 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #18292 on: April 21, 2021, 01:58:24 AM »

Early 1Q (first 3 mins) oddities:
- Noel fakes a handoff and drives from the 3-point line, gets stripped, gets it back.
- Knix miss a 3, Noel gets the rebound among 2 Hornets, Bridges comes to the paint to check things out, lingers, takes a step back as though he's guarding someone, Noel passes to a wide open Elf, Bridges has an uh-oh moment.  Elf cans a 3.  Poor court awareness by Bridges.
- Randle feeling spry tries a fake drive/step back 3.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• View Profile
Re: Puerto Rico
« Reply #18293 on: April 21, 2021, 02:51:51 AM »

Fac, you may be right, I don’t know. My point is that they, not you or me or even Chamaco, should decide for themselves. As far as I know, they’ve been asked a couple of times and decided to remain an Estado Libre Asociado, maybe the no-federal-taxes status is a powerful incentive.

PS. KP tosses salads in Dallas. Go Kamster!!!

They did decide for themselves just last year.

http://ballotpedia.org/Puerto_Rico_Statehood_Referendum_(2020)

Statehood it is once the crackers get out of the way.

Go Kamster indeed!
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Missing the forest for the trees
« Reply #18294 on: April 21, 2021, 03:01:55 AM »

If we had drafted a Bridges instead of Knox and tyH over ObiT, this Knick team could be legit Top 4 in the East and dangerous.

Yes but you should stop mourning the team we could've had and simply enjoy the team we do have. 

We have Knox and Obi not Bridges and Tyh.   No team bats 1.000 in the draft.

We also have Randle who is playing better than anyone ever could've predicted.  We won 2019 free agency while everyone scoffed at our Summer of PFs.

Well we got Randle and turned Morris into Quickley.   Taj was also signed that Summer.  Not a bad trio of big men.  And also Reggie!!!

We can't ignore how good we have done in free agency recently either.  Nerl the Pearl No "L".   Alec Burks. 

Don't fixate on what could've been in the draft or why we didn't sign Christian Wood or Bogdan.

Things worked out one way in the draft and another way in free agency coaching and player development. 

Enjoy this!!!!

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #18295 on: April 21, 2021, 03:58:39 AM »

Quickley was insane in the first half against the Hos.

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #18296 on: April 21, 2021, 06:04:56 AM »

James played EIGHT full seasons with the Rockets.

THREE 1st round exits.

By the way, even though I think Julius may be league MVP, I think Williamson is the better player.

Not sure what you're basing this on, but Julius crushed Zion last game.
Zion should watch how Bridges and Martin body up on Randle, bottling him up and not fouling.

Journeyman Austin Rivers signs with DEN.  Murray crippled, Montemorris dinged up.    Good op for Rivers.  Compazzo is feisty but only 5'10" or so.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #18297 on: April 21, 2021, 06:23:37 AM »

Am enjoying this.
But to become a playoff mainstay and a contender takes a lot going right.
Hard to do when you whiff on high picks such as franc, Knox, and possibly ObiT.
RJB is solid.  Quix a very good late pick.  And we lucked out with Mitch.
So those nice late picks make up for the iffy high picks.

We have done fairly well in FA.
But how long can Taj and Rose hold up?

I think our trades have been up and down.
We got very little for KZ.  But flipped Jr. Smith for Rose (really a vet dump by DET).
MaMo played great so we were able to extract a late 1st.  Any other trades of note?
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
Knicks Big 3
« Reply #18298 on: April 21, 2021, 06:29:29 AM »

Rose got going; then Quix; 3Q was RJB time.
Don't know why CHA kept doubling Randle, when Bridges and Martin were doing a solid job.  Double to prevent a Randle 2 and give up a NYK 3.  Seemed awfully counterproductive.

Whenever I see the Ho's, Martin seems to be everywhere.  Not just the twin brother phenomenon, but Cody Martin is one tough active mofo.

Extremely few fouls/FT's.  CHA was 3-8 FT for the game.

Missing Mitch and Burks is hardly the equivalent of missing Hayward, LaMelo and Monk.  But Chip's rah-rah mode is in overdrive. 
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #18299 on: April 21, 2021, 07:00:55 AM »

Julius Randle, trying to think of a similar instance of a knick PF becoming a star after an underwhelming start to a career. Coach-player relationship? Have to hope he stays healthy. Quite the FA pick-up.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.
Pages: 1 ... 1218 1219 [1220] 1221 1222 ... 1849