Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 2705 2706 [2707] 2708 2709 ... 2722

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 500832 times)

Oiled

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #40590 on: April 19, 2024, 03:28:20 PM »

meanwhile GOP remains the party of cruelty.  (warning: content of this story may be quite upsetting)

https://wapo.st/3U3tVZ7

I hope this incident causes a few decent Wyomingans to reconsider who they vote for, in state legislature races. 

I'm not an advocate for cruel and unusual punishment, but if this guy were to get a taste of what he did to that poor wolf I would not shed a tear. 
Punch, brothers, punch with care!
Punch in the presence of the passenjare!

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #40592 on: April 19, 2024, 08:24:28 PM »

http://www.salon.com/2024/04/19/matt-gaetz-under-investigation-for-2017-party-attended-by-minor-per-sworn-statement/?in_brief=true

In the GOP these days that makes him front runner to be the candidate for vice president.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #40593 on: April 20, 2024, 03:44:51 AM »

Sundar Pichai, a new American hero? No mas Hamas.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2024, 03:00:30 PM by luee »
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #40594 on: April 20, 2024, 11:00:31 AM »

Just when we thought the democrat obsession to punish Donald  Trump through lawfare was excessive we find they can even more stupid.

House Democrats have introduced a bill that would strip Secret Service protection from convicted felons sentenced to prison, a move directly targeting former President Trump who is currently on criminal trial in New York City for alleged hush money payments made during the 2016 election campaign and faces several other cases which could land him behind bars.

I do not think they realize the martyrdom they are tempting.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2024, 11:02:29 AM by jmmengel »

facilitatorn

• View Profile

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #40596 on: April 20, 2024, 11:41:55 AM »

Just when we thought the democrat obsession to punish Donald  Trump through lawfare was excessive we find they can even more stupid.

House Democrats have introduced a bill that would strip Secret Service protection from convicted felons sentenced to prison, a move directly targeting former President Trump who is currently on criminal trial in New York City for alleged hush money payments made during the 2016 election campaign and faces several other cases which could land him behind bars.

It will put him on your personal Mount Rushmore with Hitler, Mussolini and Joe McCarthy. That is for sure.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #40598 on: April 20, 2024, 07:55:23 PM »

It seems like Mike Johnson is experimenting with doing his job. I hope it goes well for him.

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/04/20/johnson-mvp-house-foreign-aid-00153497

Toe well dipped in.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #40599 on: April 21, 2024, 12:48:29 AM »

Richard P. Feynman

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40600 on: April 21, 2024, 08:58:27 AM »

How do you envision Secret Service protection working in prison? What poor sucker set of agents draws THAT short straw?
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40601 on: April 21, 2024, 09:01:58 AM »

Also, I see "lawfare" is the new right wing media bubble phrase for "holding Trump accountable for his alleged crimes,  just like everyone else".
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #40602 on: April 21, 2024, 09:24:05 AM »

meanwhile GOP remains the party of cruelty.  (warning: content of this story may be quite upsetting)

https://wapo.st/3U3tVZ7

I hope this incident causes a few decent Wyomingans to reconsider who they vote for, in state legislature races. 

I'm not an advocate for cruel and unusual punishment, but if this guy were to get a taste of what he did to that poor wolf I would not shed a tear.
Sorry do not see this as a reason to rage against all white Republicans everywhere. Seems to be a Wyoming issue.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #40603 on: April 21, 2024, 10:20:38 AM »

How do you envision Secret Service protection working in prison? What poor sucker set of agents draws THAT short straw?
I do not think you understand the proposed bill.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #40604 on: April 21, 2024, 10:30:53 AM »

Also, I see "lawfare" is the new right wing media bubble phrase for "holding Trump accountable for his alleged crimes,  just like everyone else".
[/quote
The term has been used for over 50 years to combine law and warfare to mean a tactic with an objective but not necessarily a verdict.
In this case the democrats seek first to keep Trump from running for office or to humiliate him before the voters.

I am shocked, shocked I tell you,  a former lawyer would be so naive as to its meaning.
Pages: 1 ... 2705 2706 [2707] 2708 2709 ... 2722