Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 709 710 [711] 712 713 ... 1849

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 927258 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #10650 on: January 31, 2020, 09:17:53 AM »

I think getting offended by something like that is bush league and losing, at home, by a "million" to a team like the Memphis is bush league.

Shaq, Charles, and Kenny all said they agreed with Payton's hard foul there.
And? None of them ever played for an embarrassing organization like the Knicks. Win some games then you can be offended.

You're an NBA idiot.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #10651 on: January 31, 2020, 10:07:38 AM »

Heh. "Crowder is a national disgrace!"
« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 10:09:51 AM by Yankguy1 »
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #10652 on: January 31, 2020, 11:55:43 AM »

I think getting offended by something like that is bush league and losing, at home, by a "million" to a team like the Memphis is bush league.

Shaq, Charles, and Kenny all said they agreed with Payton's hard foul there.
And? None of them ever played for an embarrassing organization like the Knicks. Win some games then you can be offended.

AND they referred to the unwritten rule of players. They've all been up by a lot or down by a lot with time running out.  There's an expectation there that you don't try to pile on needlessly.  TO steal the ball and run to the three pt line with 20 seconds left on the shot clock and take a three with 17 seconds left on the clock when there is less than 40 seconds left in the game is bush league.  He was trying to pad his stats at a time where his opponent had waved the white flag.

It's bush league.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #10653 on: January 31, 2020, 01:43:19 PM »

white flag is bush league
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #10654 on: January 31, 2020, 01:59:55 PM »

I think Zach Lowe should be barred from using the Knix in his videos. Three of them show RJB making mistakes and another where the Knix can't get the ball into Randle.  One involves a defensive miscommunication between Randle and RJB, who goes for the steal and leaves a great shooter wide open.
Kind of easy pickings picking on a Knick rook.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #10655 on: January 31, 2020, 02:48:23 PM »

Barrett hasn't been consistent and may have been another mistake.

Knicks can't get it right - this time playing it safe and possibly again failing.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #10656 on: January 31, 2020, 03:11:15 PM »

white flag is bush league

What do you know about bush league?
Crowder is being universally derided by NBA players and ex players.
I get that you think because you play a lot of basketball you're the same.
But you're not.  You play rec league.  Nobody is watching when you embarass someone.
These guys have friends and family in the stands and at home. 
Disrespect has real consequences.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #10657 on: January 31, 2020, 03:50:20 PM »

Bo defends the guy who intentionally misses so he can get his 10th rebound and a triple double (I forget which player that was)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #10658 on: January 31, 2020, 04:25:12 PM »

Crowder is being universally derided by NBA players and ex players.

I got a kick out of Morris's assessment of Jae Crowder's "theatrics".

May be a reason Dallas, then Boston, then Cleveland, then Utah sent him away.

Not long for Memphis either.  Just age 29 and getting the suitcase ready again.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #10659 on: January 31, 2020, 04:45:05 PM »

My point about my playing was that Randle shouldn't have just mailed in his inbounds pass, but should have made a legit NBA pass to his PG.  Don't practice or engage in bad habits.  Take every play seriously.  Encode good and smart plays on your neocortex.

My read is Crowder played the game, Payton made an illegal non-basketball play.   I also think it's stupid when a team gets upset that their opps take a shot instead of a 24 sec violation at the very end in a not close game.  Who cares?  Why is that shot irksome?  Why get an extra violation.  You can if you want to be gentlemanly, but shooting is a normal basketball play, deal with it.

I doubt I supported anyone padding their stats like that, though that happens frequently in various scenarios.  One problem with having so many guys on 1 year deals is everyone wants to get their numbers to get a better next contract.  And if you or others are likely gone soon, there's not much incentive to build chemistry and work on teamwork.

Who was it that shot at the opponents basket to get an extra rebound, only to learn that's a violation?  Blatche?
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #10660 on: January 31, 2020, 04:52:33 PM »

My point about my playing was that Randle shouldn't have just mailed in his inbounds pass, but should have made a legit NBA pass to his PG.  Don't practice or engage in bad habits.  Take every play seriously.  Encode good and smart plays on your neocortex.

My read is Crowder played the game, Payton made an illegal non-basketball play.   I also think it's stupid when a team gets upset that their opps take a shot instead of a 24 sec violation at the very end in a not close game.  Who cares?  Why is that shot irksome?  Why get an extra violation.  You can if you want to be gentlemanly, but shooting is a normal basketball play, deal with it.

I doubt I supported anyone padding their stats like that, though that happens frequently in various scenarios.  One problem with having so many guys on 1 year deals is everyone wants to get their numbers to get a better next contract.  And if you or others are likely gone soon, there's not much incentive to build chemistry and work on teamwork.

Who was it that shot at the opponents basket to get an extra rebound, only to learn that's a violation?  Blatche?
It was either Rickey Davis or Darius Miles who were essentially the same guy. Yep lots of teams have dumped Crowder. Somebody should ask Kid how many teams noted tough guy Marcus Morris has played for.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #10661 on: January 31, 2020, 04:55:16 PM »

My read is Crowder played the game, Payton made an illegal non-basketball play

Absolute truth.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #10662 on: January 31, 2020, 04:56:57 PM »

Knix were one draft spot away from Morant who is a special talent.  Memf at .500 under his rook leadership.   Something like 18-6 recently.  Word was that RJB couldn't shoot and played inattentive D.  He started off hot form the perimeter but that as long since cratered.  There were some interesting 3&D wings further down the draft. 

Drafts aren't easy and Barrett has some skills.  But we have a real non-shooting team with Payton/Franc - RJB - Randle - Mitch - Taj.
Morris has been killer, Knox tries, Dot coming around, Bullox willing.  A team desperately calling out for a shooting PG. 

Crowder is mentoring Ja, as per Moran't Dad.
Crowd is giving them a nice 10 / 6 / 3 and solid D (even if his shooting numbers have cratered since his BOS days).
I think he'll stick in Memf, he's their vet.

Jae outplayed Morris and clearly got under his skin.
2Q an annoyed Morris just shoved Crowder out of the way, for an O-foul.

My take is the Knix embarrassed themselves.
Randle with a weak pass.  Payton with a cheap shot foul.  Morris with stupid post-game comments.  I don't see how any of that is better than Crowder stealing the ball and taking a shot.
You don't want to be embarrassed, play better, play smarter, stay focused.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 04:59:50 PM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #10663 on: January 31, 2020, 05:05:51 PM »

My take is the Knix embarrassed themselves.

Sums up the decade

Lets hope for better in this one

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #10664 on: January 31, 2020, 05:07:57 PM »

Interestingly, Crowder was traded in deals for Rondo, Kyrie and Conley by DAL, BOS, and UTA respectively.

DAL gave up on Crowder because he displayed limited offense.
He developed a shot in BOS (40% on 3's one year), but they cashed in his 3&D prowess for Kyrie.

Thereafter his shot deserted him (33% on 3's) and he got shuffled around.  He's still a bargain at $7M.

Knix whole starting unit these days composed of journeymen like Crowder.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---
Pages: 1 ... 709 710 [711] 712 713 ... 1849