Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 2537 2538 [2539] 2540 2541 ... 2728

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 502453 times)

Espnthree

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #38070 on: November 28, 2023, 10:26:51 PM »

What happens if they can't "work out the solution"?
The Mother will make the decision to abort is the most likely outcome.
Unless adoption is a compromise.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38071 on: November 28, 2023, 11:50:23 PM »

And you are happy to see that decision criminalized along with the outcome of many high risk pregnancies. You are a low and immoral enough bastard to actually be a republican
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #38072 on: November 29, 2023, 12:23:50 AM »

The father should always have a say.
Hire a good lawyer, the baby is half his.
What if the father is a rapist?
What if he is not?
What if he is a loving spouse and birth control failed?

Interesting scenario.in which I have experience.
My late wife had MS and when the pregnancy was discovered it ws in a difficult relapsing stage. Her doctor said it could be a difficult pregnancy. This was the 80s more is known these days and perhaps our decision would have been different. The decision came down to the fact we had two toddlers who needed their mother.

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #38073 on: November 29, 2023, 03:35:14 AM »

One scenerio, there is a conception out of wedlock the father says lets marry I want the baby, the woman says you dont love me I am leaving and having an abortion. The father has no rights under the liberal laws. This happened to a friend.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #38074 on: November 29, 2023, 06:20:27 AM »

What should the law be in such situation? That the woman carry the fetus to term?
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38075 on: November 29, 2023, 07:11:55 AM »

Well, yeah. The mother will make the decision. But the question really is not, should the soon to be parents make decisions on the future of the fetus together. It is whether that should be required by law. You cannot fix a broken relationship by trying to force a good one on people.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2023, 07:15:54 AM by Hairy Lime »
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #38076 on: November 29, 2023, 07:14:27 AM »

One scenerio, there is a conception out of wedlock the father says lets marry I want the baby, the woman says you dont love me I am leaving and having an abortion. The father has no rights under the liberal laws. This happened to a friend.
So you believe a man should be able to compel a woman to either marry him or be an unwed single mother with all of the problems and issues that entails?
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #38077 on: November 29, 2023, 08:22:21 AM »

Sucks for him, huh?

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #38078 on: November 29, 2023, 11:21:31 AM »

What should the law be in such situation? That the woman carry the fetus to term?
What law is needed?
If it was rape there should be an exception for it (in a non abortion state)
If it was consensual sex but an unwanted pregnancy then the two of them  can decide.
But the woman has the upper hand. 

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #38079 on: November 29, 2023, 11:28:29 AM »

Ask Luee.   He said the father "has no rights under the liberals laws". 

I agree no law is needed. 
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #38080 on: November 29, 2023, 11:40:28 AM »

AOC is pretty smart and her point is correct, but this is never going to not bother me in at least three different ways:

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) said the reason Republicans don't want a public hearing is because Democrats on the Oversight Committee "have hoisted them by their own petards in every public hearing this year."
« Last Edit: November 29, 2023, 11:42:25 AM by Hairy Lime »

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #38081 on: November 29, 2023, 11:45:53 AM »

She might be pretty smart but "hoisted" is not the word.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38082 on: November 29, 2023, 12:09:25 PM »

Sucks for him, huh?

If the friend is anything like Luee she chose well.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #38083 on: November 29, 2023, 02:08:21 PM »

Liza Minnelli won an Oscar for her roll in "Cabaret" where she played an entertainer who became pregnant and they were all excited about the baby and about what a beautiful baby it would be, and the man wanted the baby, and then her character Sally Bowles has an abortion and kills the baby, and she tells him that she would just hate him for ruining her career and thus she chose the abortion.

I feel like the man should have a say when it is his kid, but in "Cabaret" she aborted the baby even though the man wanted it.

Salute,

Tony V.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #38084 on: November 29, 2023, 02:27:36 PM »

You probably should watch the movie again.  Sally Bowles did not know who the father was.
Pages: 1 ... 2537 2538 [2539] 2540 2541 ... 2728