Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 2539 2540 [2541] 2542 2543 ... 2727

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 502371 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #38100 on: November 29, 2023, 08:44:44 PM »

Urban Crime out of control?

Educated guess.

Terrible guess.

Suburban and rural crime, domestic violence and gun suicide are all on the uptick thanks to bad reading of the bill of rights.

With a full republican collapse we can fix this in only a few years.

So keep doing what you are doing and I will do all I can to help you achieve the result.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #38101 on: November 29, 2023, 08:51:53 PM »

Biden and the Southern Border.

The left leaning columnist for the Wall Street Journal, William Galston, has a blunt warning for President Biden and his handling of the leaky southern border that Americans are constantly complaining about.

In my judgment, it would be political malpractice for Mr. Biden to head into the general election with his current immigration stance, which is failing both substantively and in the court of public opinion.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/geert-wilders-warning-for-joe-biden-netherlands-immigration-2024-election-0c9fcf36?st=vynd2oj1qfetvnm

Where is proposed legislation from the House of Representatives?
The same place it was under the dems;
Waiting for leadership from Biden and Harris.

Also known
as waiting for Godot

The Republican position is to wait for Democratic legislation so they can reject it out of hand? That means they do not want a solution they just want to bitch and moan about The Crisis on the Southern Border.
For the GOP immigration is merely a political cudgel for which to scare their White electorate about the Invasionin of Brown hordes swarming across the border
In esence the same position of the Nancy Pelosi position:
Waiting for Biden/Harris to do something.
Instead the Biden/Harris position is a modern day plantation    Bring in the slaves to keep
Prices low.

You cannot even argue your position because you are woefully uninformed. I asked you where was the GOP legislation and you came back with an old tried and true bugaboo Nancy Pelosi. When in doubt say Nancy Pelosi.

House Republicans released sweeping immigration legislation in April that would tighten asylum eligibility, expand migrant family detention and crack down on the employment of undocumented workers.

Problem is they could not whip enough votes to pass it through their own caucus even with a majority.

They and you, are not serious people.

About the Democratic Plantation. Black voters know the Dems may not do anything FOR them but Republicans are always trying to do things TO them. It is not a difficult choice.

About Black folks buying guns. We know what happens if Trump ever gets power one way or another, we going down guns a blazing.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #38102 on: November 29, 2023, 08:52:20 PM »

Urban Crime out of control?

Educated guess.

Terrible guess.

Suburban and rural crime, domestic violence and gun suicide are all on the uptick thanks to bad reading of the bill of rights.

With a full republican collapse we can fix this in only a few years.

So keep doing what you are doing and I will do all I can to help you achieve the result.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #38103 on: November 29, 2023, 09:06:16 PM »

When I get back from the shops, I'm going to Google:

"Legal cases in America where courts have ruled that pregnant women can't have abortions because the father wants the baby".

Returned from the shops (groceries are very expensive today.)

I googled the above, couldn't find anything, found lots of other things about 'abortion' though.
After a few minutes (I have a short attention span for things that don't make my mind and eyes happy) of 'abortion', I ran away from it at express pace, over to Hallmark movies where romance and "happily ever after" are 'king'.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2023, 09:09:39 PM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #38104 on: November 29, 2023, 09:19:57 PM »

The left leaning columnist for the Wall Street Journal, William Galston, has a blunt warning for President Biden and his handling of the leaky southern border that Americans are constantly complaining about.

In my judgment, it would be political malpractice for Mr. Biden to head into the general election with his current immigration stance, which is failing both substantively and in the court of public opinion.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/geert-wilders-warning-for-joe-biden-netherlands-immigration-2024-election-0c9fcf36?st=vynd2oj1qfetvnm

Also known
as waiting for Godot

The Republican position is to wait for Democratic legislation so they can reject it out of hand? That means they do not want a solution they just want to bitch and moan about The Crisis on the Southern Border.
For the GOP immigration is merely a political cudgel for which to scare their White electorate about the Invasionin of Brown hordes swarming across the border
Instead the Biden/Harris position is a modern day plantation    Bring in the slaves to keep
Prices low.

You cannot even argue your position because you are woefully uninformed. I asked you where was the GOP legislation and you came back with an old tried and true bugaboo Nancy Pelosi. When in doubt say Nancy Pelosi.

Truth always hurts.
Americans blame Biden/Harris for open borders.
It is their problem to fix
Good luck.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #38105 on: November 29, 2023, 10:32:35 PM »

Also known
as waiting for Godot

Prices low.

Truth always hurts.
Good luck.

In other words the GOP does not give a flying fuck about the Southern border and has no intention to even pretend to do the job of the House of Representatives.
Meanwhile Democrats are ready to swallow a compromise for a border security deal in order to get
Republicans to release funding for Ukraine and Israel defense.
So once again the only thing stalling immigration reform is the GOP.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #38106 on: November 29, 2023, 10:49:58 PM »

Also known
as waiting for Godot

Prices low.

Truth always hurts.
Good luck.

In other words the GOP does not give a flying fuck about the Southern border and has no intention to even pretend to do the job of the House of Representatives.
Meanwhile Democrats are ready to swallow a compromise for a border security deal in order to get
No. 
ItisJoe Biden and Kamala Harris.
Even responsible democrats get that.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #38107 on: November 29, 2023, 10:55:08 PM »

Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38108 on: November 29, 2023, 11:06:48 PM »

Hell is just a little bit fuller tonight.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #38109 on: November 30, 2023, 12:24:02 AM »

Yes, but, your idea of immigration reform doesn't seem to have widespread support.
Go woke, go broke.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #38110 on: November 30, 2023, 01:29:24 AM »

Yes, but, your idea of immigration reform doesn't seem to have widespread support.

It has widespread support. Anti-American republicans have gerrymandered themselves enough seats to block it for now so they can tap the fear and loathing of gullible rubes like you so they can cling to power and fund their lifestyles.

All the Putin funded governments, republicans, Tories, Orban all cut legal processing to cause a backlog and force a crisis that they could demagogue on. It and urban crime are the only two tricks they have in the bag since these bullshit kleptoconservatives suck at managing the economy, providing security, and maintaining infrastructure and public order.

A fish rots from the head and a fish with a rotten head hears that rotten head try to blame immigrants.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #38111 on: November 30, 2023, 03:54:43 AM »

Trump's former speech/media/admin guru just told Sky News:

"Mike Pompeo in contention for Trump's VP".

That's good, I liked him when in office...he's great.
Go woke, go broke.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38112 on: November 30, 2023, 07:40:34 AM »

Also known
as waiting for Godot

Prices low.

Truth always hurts.
Good luck.

No. 
Well, that is part of the broader problem with the current iteration of the Repo party. They feel no duty to propose policies to make things better, because they are a post-policy party. They have made the political al calculation that it is better to keep the issue live and at the forefront of a panicked people because it works for them politically. A functioning party of ideas would propose a policy, put forward legislation and work out a fix with people who have a different view. This version of Repos just wants to use the issue for political ends, not fix it. And blaming the other party for their inaction is part of that.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #38113 on: November 30, 2023, 08:25:11 AM »

Also known
as waiting for Godot

Prices low.

Truth always hurts.
Good luck.

No. 

Right now the Democratic proposal being held up in the House is for more border security, a proposal progressive Dems do not like but are willing to swallow it in order to free up funding for Ukraine and Israel.
You, however are saying the Republicans have no duty to try and seek a solution for immigration reform.
You and they are not serious people.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #38114 on: November 30, 2023, 08:33:06 AM »

Also known
as waiting for Godot

Prices low.

Truth always hurts.
Good luck.

No. 
Well, that is part of the broader problem with the current iteration of the Repo party. They feel no duty to propose policies to make things better, because they are a post-policy party. They have made the political al calculation that it is better to keep the issue live and at the forefront of a panicked people because it works for them politically. A functioning party of ideas would propose a policy, put forward legislation and work out a fix with people who have a different view. This version of Repos just wants to use the issue for political ends, not fix it. And blaming the other party for their inaction is part of that.

the GOP is not a political party anymore. It is a movement dedicated to imposing White Christian nationalism.
They are backed by Russia and seek to emulate authoritarianism as in Turkey, Hungary and of course, Putin.
Pages: 1 ... 2539 2540 [2541] 2542 2543 ... 2727