Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1878 1879 [1880] 1881 1882 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1659036 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #28185 on: March 01, 2020, 11:30:53 PM »

It’s observing bad leadership with clear eyes and the recognition that the results of all this administration’s actions underperform at best though they more typically bomb with catastrophic collateral damage.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28186 on: March 01, 2020, 11:32:21 PM »

Kid, you accused me of being "one sick human" for my providing an example that our president LIED and lies to the public about this disease and our nation's situation.

No - you are "sick" because you appear to be rooting for the virus to win in the US so you can say the administration lost.

I only seem that way to you, Kid.

I would prefer that my government performed as intended.

I would have preferred that we not have to reduce the number of pandemic response teams.

I would prefer that we had directors and secretaries in place, not a bunch of actings and 2nd string folks. I would prefer that we didn't have lobbyists overseeing the things that were designed to be regulatory.

I would prefer, as I said, that our government sent qualified, trained individuals to bring our possibly infected folks home, instead of untrained, ill-equipped individuals who exposed themselves to the coronavirus.

WHAT THE FUCK IS YOUR PROBLEM?!

My HOPE (long since granted to be pointless) is that you will wake up to understand that the administration IS wrong and that you are wrong to believe in them!

If they had handled this well, I would give them credit for it, Kid. But they have done next to nothing right from the start. (I have a key exception to that.) Their failures started before this problem, but still have ripple effects that dovetail with their new failures.

And YOU refuse to see it.

That is what makes you sick - that and ascribing to me attitudes that are pretty much consistently GOP values, like working to make sure that Obama failed, rather than that the country succeed.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

barton

« Reply #28187 on: March 02, 2020, 09:02:29 AM »

It’s observing bad leadership with clear eyes and the recognition that the results of all this administration’s actions underperform at best though they more typically bomb with catastrophic collateral damage.

In the words of Rufus T Firefly,  I suggest that we give him ten years in Leavenworth, or eleven years in Twelveworth.  

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #28188 on: March 02, 2020, 09:09:40 AM »

*   Trump on Saturday warned Americans that although more cases are "likely," most healthy people who contract the illness will recover and the risk to the average American remains low. And Pence told CNN's Jake Tapper on "State of the Union" that while the administration knows there will be more cases and that it's possible Americans could die from the disease, "the American people should know the risk for the average American remains low

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/coronavirus-travel-restrictions/index.html

barton

« Reply #28189 on: March 02, 2020, 09:15:42 AM »

https://apnews.com/c0762db1f9711114d5dbbf6290b1ce01

U.S. District Judge Randolph Moss in Washington found Cuccinelli’s appointment violated the Federal Vacancies Reform Act, a 1998 law governing who is eligible to lead federal agencies in an acting capacity.

Cuccinelli, in an interview with Fox News Channel on Monday, said that President Donald Trump’s administration would appeal the ruling and that his agency would take steps to try to prevent the invalidation of other decisions made under his tenure.

The ruling, issued Sunday, was at odds with Trump’s penchant for temporary appointments. At Homeland Security, Chad Wolf is acting secretary, and the heads of Customs and Border Protection, Immigration and Customs Enforcement and Citizenship and Immigration Services are also in acting roles.   

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #28190 on: March 02, 2020, 09:33:44 AM »

Market now up over 1,000 points...

from last week's low.

4000 down from its alltime high.  But should remain on an upswing.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #28192 on: March 02, 2020, 11:10:37 AM »

Kid, you accused me of being "one sick human" for my providing an example that our president LIED and lies to the public about this disease and our nation's situation.

No - you are "sick" because you appear to be rooting for the virus to win in the US so you can say the administration lost.

Speaking of rooting for an administration to fail...

Hypocritical asshole.

https://foreignpolicy.com/2012/07/23/how-republicans-sabotaged-the-recovery/
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #28193 on: March 02, 2020, 11:12:20 AM »

Neutron Jack is dead.

No comment
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star

Lyndon Johnson

oilcan

« Reply #28195 on: March 02, 2020, 12:28:46 PM »

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/supreme-court-agrees-to-review-obamacare-challenge-over-funding-mechanism

Excellent timing, if Scotus isn't going to rule until after the general election - this should motivate more Americans concerned over loss of healthcare to get to the polls. 

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28197 on: March 02, 2020, 01:04:17 PM »

*   Trump on Saturday warned Americans that although more cases are "likely," most healthy people who contract the illness will recover and the risk to the average American remains low. And Pence told CNN's Jake Tapper on "State of the Union" that while the administration knows there will be more cases and that it's possible Americans could die from the disease, "the American people should know the risk for the average American remains low

Duh.

That was true of the Spanish Flu, too, Kid. It would be true if it "only" killed 10% of our population!

As it is, it kills more people than the regular flu on a percentage basis by somewhere between 7 and 50 times the rate. We're not yet sure which, but even at the lower number that is a lot of death if the disease spreads widely.

"It's possible Americans could die from the disease..."

What a fatuous ass!

People are already dead in this country, Kid (though they might not have been when he said it). But Americans are not some sort of magic unicorns immune from diseases that kill everybody else in the world!

We have an increasing number of states with cases and as we conduct more testing the number will be going up. The president's extended travel restriction, with the 14 day delay upon landing, is probably not enough, given the longest incubation delay reported from Wuhan.

So, please, kid, stop with the fake comfort from the fake leaders.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #28198 on: March 02, 2020, 01:04:34 PM »

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/supreme-court-agrees-to-review-obamacare-challenge-over-funding-mechanism

Excellent timing, if Scotus isn't going to rule until after the general election - this should motivate more Americans concerned over loss of healthcare to get to the polls.

A case of the dog finally catching the car...

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28199 on: March 02, 2020, 01:06:09 PM »

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/mar/02/texas-polling-sites-closures-voting

Meanwhile, the racist scumbags you keep defending continue to try to deny minorities the ease of voting.
Pages: 1 ... 1878 1879 [1880] 1881 1882 ... 4288