Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all the Bowl games be played this year?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:05:59 PM

Pages: 1 ... 300 301 [302] 303 304 ... 329

Author Topic: College Football  (Read 262111 times)

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
Re: College Football
« Reply #4515 on: February 22, 2022, 10:27:03 PM »

Arguable.

At least if part of the reason for the money is ultimately to win national championships. In football alone they fall far short of the SEC, as they have won 13 out of the last 15.

Okay. And the big has won 1.
Which is why your original exaggeration was pointless.

Pointless to you and Jimmy. Possibly not pointless to others.
So what precisely is the point of exaggerating a case that the actual facts make quite well?

I'm not sure why this is so hard for you to grasp. The fact that it is tells me there's no point in trying to explain. The marginal difference in revenue doesn't seem to reflect results as far as football championshis. Pretty easy stuff here Stevo.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2022, 10:29:58 PM by CaptainCargo »
What do farmers and the media have in common?
They both spend a lot of time spreading shit.

bosox26d

• View Profile
« Reply #4516 on: February 23, 2022, 04:07:59 AM »

I dont see any spam posts.
I've been reporting them. At first they were just hitting dead forums but now they're targeting active ones. There was one here today

I appreciate the reports, since there are fora I go into far less frequently and would not otherwise see them.

You can skip reporting the ones in Business and Tech, though. The only non-spam activity it receives the vast bulk of the time are silly responses to the spam posts. I don't lock it because I figure they will just target a different place.
I noticed that forum was full of them just now. The names are easy to spot of they're spammers

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4517 on: February 23, 2022, 07:28:44 AM »

Arguable.

At least if part of the reason for the money is ultimately to win national championships. In football alone they fall far short of the SEC, as they have won 13 out of the last 15.

So what precisely is the point of exaggerating a case that the actual facts make quite well?

I'm not sure why this is so hard for you to grasp. The fact that it is tells me there's no point in trying to explain. The marginal difference in revenue doesn't seem to reflect results as far as football championshis. Pretty easy stuff here Stevo.
A point made by the truth.  Making your exaggeration pointless. Why is this so difficult for you?
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #4518 on: February 23, 2022, 03:42:26 PM »

Arguable.

A point made by the truth.  Making your exaggeration pointless. Why is this so difficult for you?

There was no exaggeration. 13 out of 15 or 11 out of 15 the point still stands tall. If you think me being off by a couple of numbers is, then you're just plain wrong. Or, more correctly childish.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2022, 03:45:30 PM by CaptainCargo »

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4519 on: February 23, 2022, 03:53:47 PM »

Arguable.

There was no exaggeration. 13 out of 15 or 11 out of 15 the point still stands tall. If you think me being off by a couple of numbers is, then you're just plain wrong. Or, more correctly childish.
Being wrong "by a couple of numbers" remains wrong. And since you claim the point "still stands tall" the exaggeration remains a pointless one.

Think we can keep this up until there is actually football to talk about?
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #4520 on: February 23, 2022, 05:06:16 PM »

Arguable.

Being wrong "by a couple of numbers" remains wrong. And since you claim the point "still stands tall" the exaggeration remains a pointless one.

You're playing at conceptual semantics. And yes, we can childishly go on for as long as you want. Or, you(and I as well, I suppose) can just STFU about it.

And as for actual football we could talk recruiting. But most people think that is a bit of a bore. Me personally, I love the recruiting aspect. IMO it's one of the cornerstones of why the SEC has the more dominant posture in the championship arena.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4521 on: February 24, 2022, 10:31:57 AM »

Arguable.

You're playing at conceptual semantics. And yes, we can childishly go on for as long as you want. Or, you(and I as well, I suppose) can just STFU about it.

And as for actual football we could talk recruiting. But most people think that is a bit of a bore. Me personally, I love the recruiting aspect. IMO it's one of the cornerstones of why the SEC has the more dominant posture in the championship arena.
Michigan State has the best incoming recruiting class in the nation. And I say that despite, or perhaps because of, my not knowing a damned thing about any of them.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #4522 on: February 24, 2022, 08:10:02 PM »

Mich St has a good class. I really like the QB they landed and Vansumeran who was coveted by a lot of high-profile teams. Mangham though I absolutely love. A couple of others I've looked at could really blow up to be above average players IMO.

But the SEC, as usual, owns about 50 percent of the recruiting real estate in the Top 25.

Alabama really stocked up on WRs and cherry-picked just about every position. As did Georgia and OSU.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4523 on: February 25, 2022, 12:28:27 PM »

Mich St has a good class. I really like the QB they landed and Vansumeran who was coveted by a lot of high-profile teams. Mangham though I absolutely love. A couple of others I've looked at could really blow up to be above average players IMO.

But the SEC, as usual, owns about 50 percent of the recruiting real estate in the Top 25.

Alabama really stocked up on WRs and cherry-picked just about every position. As did Georgia and OSU.
Tuck does kill on the portal too.

I think NIL contracts are only going to grow the value of brands like Alabama and the, even over programs led by master recruiters, like Georgia.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #4524 on: February 25, 2022, 06:18:26 PM »

Tuck does kill on the portal too.

I think NIL contracts are only going to grow the value of brands like Alabama and the, even over programs led by master recruiters, like Georgia.

Georgia really does a great job of recruiting. Kirby was one of Nicky's best when it came to that.

But Nicky, with all of the 5 star and 4 star recruits he gets, always seems to come up with that one, or two, guys that are listed on the lower end of his recruiting class that blows up into a starter. Last year he got a kid named Jaeden Roberts who could blow up. And also, Anquin Barnes could be another. Or Khyree Jackson the last guy on the RIVALS list.

Of course Bama's lower ranked guys would be probable starters on half the D1 schools in the country.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4525 on: May 20, 2022, 10:55:36 AM »

Meanwhile.................

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/college-football-communism-capitalism-chaos

Money comes into collegiate sport and we didnt expect major problems?
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #4526 on: May 22, 2022, 07:46:51 PM »

Texas A&M will now be able to give out a Fleet of golden Trans Ams with impunity.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4527 on: June 22, 2022, 05:53:20 PM »

IMO it's one of the cornerstones of why the SEC has the more dominant posture in the championship arena.
We at the law firm of Saltieri, Poore, Nash, DeBrutus and Short LLC have been retained by The Ohio State University to demand that you cease and desist all unauthorized use of their Trademark term The in relation to college football. Your repeated use of this trademark phrase diminishes t#e economic value of this trademark and, if you refuse to comply with this cease and desist demand you will be sued in court for compensatory and punitive damages, as well as attorney fees.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #4528 on: June 23, 2022, 03:13:14 PM »

IMO it's one of the cornerstones of why the SEC has the more dominant posture in the championship arena.
We at the law firm of Saltieri, Poore, Nash, DeBrutus and Short LLC have been retained by The Ohio State University to demand that you cease and desist all unauthorized use of their Trademark term The in relation to college football. Your repeated use of this trademark phrase diminishes t#e economic value of this trademark and, if you refuse to comply with this cease and desist demand you will be sued in court for compensatory and punitive damages, as well as attorney fees.
In fairness I think the  t has to be capitalized to run afoul of The Ohio State University trademark that is now valid.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
Pages: 1 ... 300 301 [302] 303 304 ... 329