Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 196 197 [198] 199 200 ... 593

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 132416 times)

LarryB!

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #2955 on: March 01, 2023, 08:29:04 PM »

Kudos all around to the blacks of Chicago who dumped the worst Mayor in its history.
The DEI movement was also exposed as a fraud.
If the voters send the Chicago Teachers Union a similar message and vote for meritocracy in the runoff the city may survive.

Translation: vote for the white guy who is backed by the PBA.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #2956 on: March 01, 2023, 08:30:54 PM »

El Salvador wants to put 40,000 young men in jail, without any human rights and no judge and no lawyer.

My first advice would be to plead to the United Nations and World Bank and others to stand up for the good human rights of ALL people. As with the ACLU locally, etc.

Then I turn to Pope Francis and men of peace. We should always seek peace first. So, we can invite Father Boyle and Homeboy Industries to help in El Salvador. We can fight for Freedom of Religion and we can bring in Father Boyle to help in El Salvador.

Then, here is another idea, the prisoners can be released to join the Army in the Ukraine to fight against the Russians, 40,000 young strong soldiers for Ukraine from El Salvador could help Ukraine. I would rather go fight against the Russians instead of sitting in prison, and I am sure many young men from El Salvador would rather be mercenaries instead of sitting in prison, they can go fight against the Russians in exchange for their freedom.

Salute,

Tony V.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #2957 on: March 01, 2023, 08:57:56 PM »

REPOST OF EARLIER COMMENT, FOR CLARIFYING POSITION

Even Joe Biden wants all theories examined.
What are YOU scared of?

Stop trolling me.  Distorting another's post to falsely portray their views, while not addressing their actual point or factual basis, is trolling.  I have explained the scientific perspective here, which is the one that's relevant to scientific conclusions, and have clarified, twice, why politics and political opinions are not relevant to the conclusions of the scientific community.  So we're done.  And probably done, in the broader sense.  I feel it best to let you join the other ignorant and dishonest fuckwits whose minds are stuck in the misinformation bubble, and closed to new facts and ideas.  You probably fancy yourself a crusader in some culture war for libertarian values, but you're nothing more than another Scott Adams, imagining your paranoia and prejudice as the wisdom of years.  Minus the cartoons that used to be funny takes on office worker anxieties.
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2958 on: March 01, 2023, 09:33:38 PM »

Take pity on Red. Everyone he wants to rape can outrun him.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #2959 on: March 01, 2023, 11:20:23 PM »

El Salvador wants to put 40,000 young men in jail, without any human rights and no judge and no lawyer.

My first advice would be to plead to the United Nations and World Bank and others to stand up for the good human rights of ALL people. As with the ACLU locally, etc.

Then I turn to Pope Francis and men of peace. We should always seek peace first. So, we can invite Father Boyle and Homeboy Industries to help in El Salvador. We can fight for Freedom of Religion and we can bring in Father Boyle to help in El Salvador.

Then, here is another idea, the prisoners can be released to join the Army in the Ukraine to fight against the Russians, 40,000 young strong soldiers for Ukraine from El Salvador could help Ukraine. I would rather go fight against the Russians instead of sitting in prison, and I am sure many young men from El Salvador would rather be mercenaries instead of sitting in prison, they can go fight against the Russians in exchange for their freedom.

Salute,

Tony V.

"Dirty Dozen" style.
Good idea.
Ukraine needs big missiles...now...ones it can fire deep into Russia.
Britain was fighting fair...and losing...Hitler was bombing London at will.
So Churchill bombed Dresden...and later US fire bombed Tokyo.
It's the way it has to be...if you want to win.
Japan bombed the North of Australia, Darwin etc, 64 raids in 18 months.
Many innocents dead.
Japan was advancing thru PNG, butchering *everyone* in its wake.
Kokoda Trail, Aussie *kids* were losing every battle...retreating.
A defensive grid was formed across the middle of Australia for a last stand.
There was a poem written:

Up North

Oh, Bill and Joe to the north have gone,
A green shirt on their back;
There are not many ewes and lambs
Along Kokoda Track.

There are not many ewes and lambs,
But men in single file
Like sheep along a mountain pad
Walk mile on sweating mile;

And each half hour they change the lead,
Though I have never read
Where any fat bell-whether was
Shot, in the mountains, dead.

The only sheep they muster there
Leap through the mind at night;
'Twould be as red as marking time
To change green shirt for white.

And though Bill dreams of droving now
On the drought- coloured plain,
There's little need to tap the glass
Or pray for it to rain.

They have no lack of water there
But there is a stinging tail,
For men lie dying in the grass
Along Kokoda trail.

David Campbell

Japan got nuked, not many, if any, were crying in Australia.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2023, 11:42:10 PM by bambu. »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #2960 on: March 01, 2023, 11:54:18 PM »

Salute,

Tony V.

"Dirty Dozen" style.
Good idea.
Ukraine needs big missiles...now...ones it can fire deep into Russia.
Britain was fighting fair...and losing...Hitler was bombing London at will.
So Churchill bombed Dresden...and later US fire bombed Tokyo.
It's the way it has to be...if you want to win.
Japan bombed the North of Australia, Darwin etc, 64 raids in 18 months.
Many innocents dead.
Japan was advancing thru PNG, butchering *everyone* in its wake.
Kokoda Track, Aussie *kids* were losing every battle.
There was a poem written:

Japan got nuked, not many, if any, were crying in Australia.

I met Clint Walker from the movie "The Dirty Dozen" and he told me that I looked like a movie star, he told me that I could be the next "Cheyenne." Clint was a cool guy, I wept when he died. His light was so bright, he really was a big star. And he was so gentle and down to Earth.

And yes, I worked for the Japanese at Universal, they paid everyone minimum wage, if it was not for Unions and Labor Laws then they would never pay Americans fair. Call it what you will. But, if the Italians or people from the Philippines owned Universal then I would have earned enough money to buy a house and raise a family. Unions want for the workers to be able to buy houses and to have money to raise families.

I do not think that we should allow Japan to own an American movie studio, and I think that Apple needs to buy the Sony Studio in Culver City, and Apple will help the people here in California first before everyone else. We need companies that put the people of California first.

And we need to keep the peace with China, I like China, I already made my peace with China when I had a Chinese roommate. Next step is that we need to win China over for the Catholic Church.

The people from the Philippines are great too, and they too were attacked bad by Japan, MacArthur spent time in the Philippines. I would rather work for people from the Philippines.

And I want peace and prosperity for everyone. The first choice is always peace, and calling in wise men like Father Boyle of Homeboy Industries, and the Pope, to deal with tough issues like the issues facing the people of El Salvador.

I had a boss who was a soldier in World War II, he was a Marine, and he managed Dog Kennels for the Marine Corps, and he raised and trained Dobermans for the Marines. Then he went into battle with his Doberman named Duke, he went into battle in Okinawa, Japan. My boss hated war, and he had a photo of the United Nations on the wall, and he believed that the United Nations was our biggest hope to avoid war. The people who have seen battle hate war.

Blessed are the peace makers.

Salute,

Tony V.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #2961 on: March 02, 2023, 10:02:58 AM »

Though surrounded by sweet and idealistic sugar coating, your post failed to conceal its central religious bigotry.  China is mainly Taoist, Buddhist, and Confucian, and it's not your business how they conduct their spiritual lives.  Take your "win China over for the Catholic church" and stuff it.  Try to respect that there's more than one path up the mountain.  Wouldn't hurt you to read Thomas Merton.
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #2962 on: March 02, 2023, 02:07:20 PM »

Though surrounded by sweet and idealistic sugar coating, your post failed to conceal its central religious bigotry.  China is mainly Taoist, Buddhist, and Confucian, and it's not your business how they conduct their spiritual lives.  Take your "win China over for the Catholic church" and stuff it.  Try to respect that there's more than one path up the mountain.  Wouldn't hurt you to read Thomas Merton.

Sorry, but I am a Christian, and I believe in spreading the word of Christ and I support winning people over for Jesus. I would make it no secret that I am a Christian, and that I support winning people over for Jesus.

I support Freedom of Religion in China, and I support the Chinese people being able to receive the word of God and being able to worship freely.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #2963 on: March 02, 2023, 02:35:27 PM »

I am a Christian, and I spread the word of Christ every chance I get, and a paradise for me would be a place where everyone is Christian and where everyone loves their neighbors, and where everyone obeys the 10 Commandments, that would be great. So far my favorite City is Rome, Italy, I went to the Vatican, and I spent 6 weeks in Rome, there are churches all over Rome, it is great.

It is hard to live in Hollywood where so many people hate Christians. Someone even burned down my Church here in Anaheim. We have to have security cameras and security guards for our Churches because people set the Churches on fire. I tried to leave here, and go live in Rome, Italy, but I could not get a job in Rome so I had to come back to the USA.

I need to wise up and make money so that I have freedom to live wherever I want. Even Danny Trejo is getting rich from acting and from selling tacos at his restaurants, etc. It is not that hard to make money and to have freedom.

I want to go open a night club in Rome for Christians, I know where a Christian music school is in Rome where I could get the Christian bands of the future to play a my club. I want to surround myself with Christians.

The Jews have Israel, and the Christians have Rome, Italy. Rome is the Christian capital of the world. And instead of fighting against each other and tearing each other down, we can love and support each other and we can lift each other up. I want to be in a community where people love each other. It was real hard being homeless here in Hollywood where no one cares about the homeless, it was even against the law to feed the homeless in Hollywood at that time, they figured that if they did not feed you that you would just go away.  We need to have more Christians in Hollywood, and guys like Rick Caruso need to help the homeless in Hollywood. Hollywood also needs to have Hostels where people can take a shower and where they can sleep in a bed for $15 per night. Hollywood is a hard town. I like Rome better than I like Hollywood, if I had money I would be living in Rome. Meanwhile, I can try to teach Hollywood how to help the homeless, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #2964 on: March 02, 2023, 02:47:49 PM »

Please stop.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #2965 on: March 02, 2023, 02:53:31 PM »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #2966 on: March 02, 2023, 03:42:33 PM »

I memorized a quote from Confucius when I was young, and it served me well.

"Do not worry that you do not have love, wealth, honor, and high office, but instead focus on making yourself worthy of love, wealth, honor, and high office."

Instead of complaining about what one does not have, then one should instead focus on making themselves worthy of their desires.

I am sure that many people in China know that quote.

Salute,

Tony V.

LarryB!

• View Profile

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2968 on: March 02, 2023, 07:05:39 PM »

Sorry, but I am a Christian, and I believe in spreading the word of Christ and I support winning people over for Jesus. I would make it no secret that I am a Christian, and that I support winning people over for Jesus.

I support Freedom of Religion in China, and I support the Chinese people being able to receive the word of God and being able to worship freely.

Salute,

Tony V.

You have packed receive the word of God and worship freely pretty tightly together there, Tony.

There is more to worshiping freely.

Maybe if you agreed that it would be fine even if they all decided they were shamanistic animists to whom Jesus is a cute myth so long as they were worshiping freely we could concede that when you say worshiping freely that you get it and are onboard with it in its full form.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #2969 on: March 02, 2023, 08:51:02 PM »

Salute,

Tony V.

You have packed receive the word of God and worship freely pretty tightly together there, Tony.

There is more to worshiping freely.

Maybe if you agreed that it would be fine even if they all decided they were shamanistic animists to whom Jesus is a cute myth so long as they were worshiping freely we could concede that when you say worshiping freely that you get it and are onboard with it in its full form.

https://youtu.be/5SIp9068vOE
Pages: 1 ... 196 197 [198] 199 200 ... 593