Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 577

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 121869 times)

bambu.

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #3105 on: March 14, 2023, 12:28:16 AM »

I saw on the news on television that we are selling submarines to Australia and to the UK, and also we are going to teach the Australians how to manufacture the subs so that the Aussies can make their own subs.

Salute,

Tony V.

Yes indeed...Chinese warships are already prowling around our coast, for some reason, ...some believe plotting an invasion.
All Australia needs now...nuclear missiles to fire from the subs into Shanghai, Beijing etc the minute China attacks.
China must be told there'll be millions of its people dead and all trade will cease if it attacks.
Comparison is the thief of joy.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #3106 on: March 14, 2023, 01:16:40 AM »

"Scientists find a way to suck up carbon pollution, turn it into baking soda and store it in the oceans".

By Laura Paddison, CNN
Mar 14 2023

#####

Amazing.
What will they think of next.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3107 on: March 14, 2023, 01:22:26 AM »

Oh those guns....

https://share.newsbreak.com/3akbfbri

If he were in Tampa or Dallas there would be at least twelve dead because he would have had plenty of time to empty two full magazines from one of the family semiautomatics.

That is why, despite its drawbacks, Queens is a far better place to live than towns and cities where republicans have stolen enough power to enact the terrible ideas that fuck things up for everyone.

http://m.dailykos.com/stories/2023/3/13/2157849/-In-gun-nut-America-a-3-year-old-girl-shoots-her-4-year-old-sister-dead
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #3108 on: March 14, 2023, 06:29:52 AM »

How come banks in America can fold, with customers losing money?
The latest one, was that a real bank, or a private investment company?
In bambuworld, if you're a 'bank' you have to have a licence and are regulated by the federal reserve.
You have to lodge reserves with it and also have insurance, as I remember.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3109 on: March 14, 2023, 08:45:14 AM »

What is wrong with these cops that they are beating people to death? Why such rage?

I think a lot of cops are doing steroids, and they are all crazy on steroids. We need to test the cops for steroid use.

All lives matter, and we cannot have cops who are beating people to death.

Salute,

Tony V.

You're not allowed to say "All lives matter", that sports commentator was sacked from his job for doing so.
Time to take America back, again.

Some people, when they get a gun and a badge, get drunk with power/authority, and go crazy in their minds.
Any number of genuine videos on Youtube of cops in America intimidating, bullying, trying to trick motorists at traffic stops.
My cops can stop you, anywhere, anytime and demand to see your driver's licence...no reason needed.
They can tell if the vehicle is registered or not at the push of a button in ther patrol car.
They can ask you to do a drink and drug test roadside.
Refuse and you're automatically found guilty and lose your licence for 2 years or something and get a large fine.
There's no engaging in a 20 minute debate roadside about rights and liberties lol...like in America.
Consider the possibility that getting guns, power, and authority are why a not statistically insignificant number of people become cops in the first place.
Sam: Those sons of bitches, they got him right through the neck.

Suzy: Was he a good dog?

Sam: Who's to say? But he didn't deserve to die.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3110 on: March 14, 2023, 08:48:59 AM »

They do not lose money. Deposits are insured up to $200,000.
In bambuworld, if you're a 'bank' you have to have a licence and are regulated by the federal reserve.
Ask RedDick and the rest of the people who blamed the last near catastrophic collapse of the banking system on poor people wanting houses and better lives and refused to even countenance the possibility of regulating them.
Sam: Those sons of bitches, they got him right through the neck.

Suzy: Was he a good dog?

Sam: Who's to say? But he didn't deserve to die.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #3111 on: March 14, 2023, 11:18:57 AM »

Ask Barney Frank the architect of the 2008 collapse which opened the door for the Fed to bail out banks Frank and Congress green lighted into millions of underwater loans.
Now we defer to the Fed to bail out again turning to morons like Bernie Sanders Elizabeth Warren.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #3112 on: March 14, 2023, 01:26:31 PM »

Red has nothing but those same itchy parts he loves to show off.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #3113 on: March 14, 2023, 01:27:41 PM »

Biden assures everyone their bank deposits are safe in Ukraine. 😂

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #3114 on: March 14, 2023, 01:30:37 PM »

Red even plagiarizes "jokes".
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #3115 on: March 14, 2023, 03:27:36 PM »

Red even plagiarizes "jokes".
I knew if i used a smiley face you would get it.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #3116 on: March 14, 2023, 04:29:47 PM »

They do not lose money. Deposits are insured up to $200,000.
Ask RedDick and the rest of the people who blamed the last near catastrophic collapse of the banking system on poor people wanting houses and better lives and refused to even countenance the possibility of regulating them.

My news said that customers lost large sums of money in that latest collapse...like millions it seemed to suggest
Named were O, Mr and Mrs Sparkle etc.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #3117 on: March 14, 2023, 06:09:03 PM »

Your news lies to you because you have proven to it that you are terminally stupid and will never catch on.

Richard P. Feynman

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #3118 on: March 14, 2023, 06:26:48 PM »

I guess Playboy is gone now after Hugh Hefner died, that is sad. They should let me run the company, I could keep Playboy going. Just publish stories that college students are interested in, and publish photos of beautiful women. Hugh Hefner had a good life. And Aaron Spelling used to hire the Playboy Playmates to star in his television shows, Barbi Benton was always on Fantasy Island, etc.

Hugh Hefner was a great guy, he was going to put up the money to make the movie that I wrote, Hef liked my movie script, but we could not get the director that we wanted.

Playboy is a huge American success story, and good people need to rise up and save Playboy Magazine. If they are smart they can bring back the Playboy television station, and they can have resorts around the world, and clubs, etc.

Hef was a great man, it is so sad that people get old and die. It would be great if someone could rise up and save Playboy. I hate to see it all collapse when the company could still easily be successful. They could bring in some young Harvard graduates from National Lampoon to save Playboy, or something, someone needs to save the company.

Salute,

Tony V.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #3119 on: March 14, 2023, 08:01:14 PM »

It would be better to leave that bag behind you should you ever go back to film school, Tony.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 577