Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 323 324 [325] 326 327 ... 577

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 121879 times)

bambu.

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #4860 on: August 01, 2023, 10:01:40 PM »

Indeed.
There's no such thing as too much security.
Absolute security protects absolutely.

As a dog returns to his vomit, so a fool returns to his folly. - Proverbs, c26, v11

Kennedy was shot dead, he was in an open car.
Obama was not shot...absolute security.
Absolute security protects absolutely....bambu C1 V1

https://youtu.be/SECVGN4Bsgg

Indeed, who can it be now?
Yes, people should stay away from my door, unless invited.
Anyone, before I came to live in my village, who came knocking on my door was usually 'trouble', usually wanted to sell me something, or convert me to their religion, or tell me that my roof needed repairs.

Comparison is the thief of joy.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #4861 on: August 01, 2023, 10:15:20 PM »

Do they let you dig bunkers in OZ?

They have them in FNQ [Far Nth Qld] state...protection from cyclones that sweep down from Asia.
Not for me, i'll take my chances above ground...walls, gates, security patrols...and villa locked up airtight, watertight, every other tight.

The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless. bambu C1 V2

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4862 on: August 01, 2023, 10:20:07 PM »

There is one sitting at your keyboard right now.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #4863 on: August 01, 2023, 11:10:04 PM »

Where are they getting all the people who are indicting Trump from...down at the universities and Democrat conventions?

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #4864 on: August 02, 2023, 03:07:13 AM »

"You can't fight a wildfire with a garden hose"...bambu C1 V3.

Firestorm coming?
Pack up the kids, pets, valuables and vehicles and leave early...or you could all die or be seriously burnt.
Many people perished in the fires in Australia because they stayed when they should've been gone days before.
"Be prepared"...the Scouts.
Keep the vehicles full of petrol.
Have bags ready for each person to put their valuables, clothes, toiletries in.
Have family drills...
"Evacuate"!
Calmly implement the plan, whatever it is, who goes in which vehicle, ...if one vehicle, who nurses the luggage, pets, food, water, blankets etc.
Make sure you have all the kids, and pets before you drive off, you might not be able to go back for them.
Never go back for the photos!
Spread the family photos around the relatives.
Don't panic...cool heads are required.
Don't assume anything, make sure no one is left behind.
"Assumption is the mother of all f-ups" - Under Siege 2.
You don't want to hear "it's too late to leave"... as some people did in the fires in Australia.
Your fires look very bad.
Leave early, the roads could be blocked if you don't...in Australia people were burnt to death when trapped in the escaping traffic.

"Planning to make a plan is not a plan" - my Rural Fire Service Commissioner.

« Last Edit: August 02, 2023, 03:53:00 AM by bambu. »

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #4865 on: August 02, 2023, 06:29:03 AM »

Where are they getting all the people who are indicting Trump from...down at the universities and Democrat conventions?

The Fed has been banging up war criminals in Europe for a bit, but before that he took down every kind of scumbag here. There are no scumbags as big as trump or as nasty or as infectious, but Smith has come close.

Manhattan and Fulton county both have district attorneys who are former federal prosecutors I believe. They also have prodigious records incarcerating nasty pieces of work like those that make up team trump. They were elected by the people of the areas where the respective crimes were committed.

I sent in an eight foot length of extra thick slime resistant rope with my taxes this year in the hope that it will prove useful.

Justice is just around the corner and it will come down like a condemned tenement building on dirty dastardly donald, asbestos cloud, lead paint chips and all.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #4866 on: August 02, 2023, 06:32:01 AM »

What if you put a great big wall of coal between you and any potential fire, Bambi?

That has got to work. You tell us coal is good for everything.

Richard P. Feynman

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #4867 on: August 02, 2023, 10:26:55 AM »

The Fed has been banging up war criminals in Europe for a bit, but before that he took down every kind of scumbag here. There are no scumbags as big as trump or as nasty or as infectious, but Smith has come close.

Manhattan and Fulton county both have district attorneys who are former federal prosecutors I believe. They also have prodigious records incarcerating nasty pieces of work like those that make up team trump. They were elected by the people of the areas where the respective crimes were committed.

I sent in an eight foot length of extra thick slime resistant rope with my taxes this year in the hope that it will prove useful.

Justice is just around the corner and it will come down like a condemned tenement building on dirty dastardly donald, asbestos cloud, lead paint chips and all.

Also note, Bambi, that Jack Smith is registered as an Independent.  And Garland, who appointed him, is a moderate.  One sign of the GOPs shift to the Far Right was when a centrist Supreme Court candidate offered up to appease Republicans, i.e. Garland, was rejected in a flagrant blocking of standard procedure. 

I hope they have enough of Fac's slime resistant rope for all of Trump's henchmen too.

Or they could use current Republican voter credulity, which seems to be infinitely stretchable without breaking.
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4868 on: August 02, 2023, 10:45:01 AM »

Why no Steve Bannon and Ginnie Thomas among the co-conspirators?

Must be on another indictment coming after Trump is locked up.
First report i saw had Thomas as uninvited co-conspirator 6, but that got walked back.
Sam: Those sons of bitches, they got him right through the neck.

Suzy: Was he a good dog?

Sam: Who's to say? But he didn't deserve to die.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #4869 on: August 02, 2023, 11:20:44 AM »

What if you put a great big wall of coal between you and any potential fire, Bambi?

Nah...renewables are best...but not until they're:

. Available
. Reliable
. Affordable

In London, NYC, the number of fires started by e-bikes and e-scooters, while charging, is alarming.
Also alarming is the number of ships transporting electric vehicles that are catching fire.
It is suspected by some experts to be the nature of lithium ion batteries.
No way I'd be having anything to do with EVs until the new era of batteries arrive.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #4870 on: August 02, 2023, 11:29:33 AM »

Independents and progressives often have political leanings one way or 
another.
People outside of America see clearly what's going on.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #4871 on: August 02, 2023, 11:49:19 AM »

Eminent legal scholar Lawrence Tribe:

He is fundamentally saying that he is the law and that anything which brings a law to bear against him undermines what he perceives as America?  That is the very inverse of what most of us think America is all about. It is about more than any one person  - however charismatic, however adored by his followers.

People outside of America, except for a few inbred idiots in Dingofark, Queensland, see clearly that yesterdays indictment is helping restore faith that America will remain a functioning democracy and that Trump will get justice for his attempts to subvert democracy.  Legal professionals of Smith's caliber follow the law and present the evidence and relevant facts, regardless of their personal political views outside the courthouse.  Smith has long registered as Independent to further stress his professionalism in this regard. 

You can lazily fire off innuendos you've hoovered up from highly partisan sources, but the facts will come out in the trial next year and I think they will speak for themselves as to Trump's role in obstructing a normal lawful transfer of power and making fraudulent claims in order to seize power as an autocrat and conspiring with others to make a slate of false electors. 
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #4872 on: August 02, 2023, 12:28:28 PM »

Why no Steve Bannon and Ginnie Thomas among the co-conspirators?

Must be on another indictment coming after Trump is locked up.
First report i saw had Thomas as uninvited co-conspirator 6, but that got walked back.
You cannot be serious. Democrats use Ginnie to smear Clarence, nothing else.
But while you are banging into the trees you seemed to have missed the forest, those who were not indicted as co-conspirators like the Oath Keepers or the Proud Boys.
You know those who actually planned to, and did, breach the U.S. Capitol on January 6.
Now that was the worst offense against democracy and something like 1000 people have already been penalized.

Even Prosecutor Smith concedes Mr. Trump had a right, like every American, to speak publicly about the election and even to claim, falsely, that there had been outcomedeterminative fraud during the election and that he had won.

Trump behaved miserably and deceitfully and deserves never to be elected again.

But CRIMINAL CHARGES TO DEFRAUD THE GOVERNMENT?

This indictment is nothing more than an attempt to re stage  the Senate Trial  that failed to remove Trump from office.

In short it is the DOJ trying to stretch the law to solve a political problem.

It will not even get to trial.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #4873 on: August 02, 2023, 12:40:10 PM »

Nah...renewables are best...but not until they're:

. Available
. Reliable
. Affordable

In London, NYC, the number of fires started by e-bikes and e-scooters, while charging, is alarming.
Also alarming is the number of ships transporting electric vehicles that are catching fire.
It is suspected by some experts to be the nature of lithium ion batteries.
No way I'd be having anything to do with EVs until the new era of batteries arrive.

That is why we are investing so much in scaling up better battery technologies. It is good to see you getting with the program, the one where humanity works its ass off to survive the spoils of its past successes.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2023, 12:48:13 PM by facilitatorn »

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #4874 on: August 02, 2023, 12:45:30 PM »

Red has trump on suicide watch. Since he is in the cult he may be privy to info not shared among sane people. So long as trump feels hunted and hated till his very last breath and he destroys as much as possible of what is left of the republican party on his way out, I am not overly invested in the particulars.

It would be nice if they used the rope.

Ginni Thomas is a dirty bomb.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2023, 12:49:40 PM by facilitatorn »

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 323 324 [325] 326 327 ... 577