Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 378 379 [380] 381 382 ... 577

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 121880 times)

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #5685 on: September 30, 2023, 06:11:23 PM »

They caught the guy behind the murder of Tupac, and more information will come out, but here are a few thoughts...

It took decades to catch the guy behind the murder because it did not fit the narrative that people were trying to make in their efforts to cause a fight between the East Coast and the West Coast, they wanted for the killer to be from New York so that they could blame it on a fight between the East Coast and the West Coast, and so they could fight Americans against each other, but instead the killer was from Las Vegas and it all stemmed from a fight outside an elevator in Vegas, and it had nothing to do with New York. They were trying to find a New Yorker to charge with the crime, but the crime was committed by a guy in Vegas so they were looking in the wrong place and it took decades to solve the case.

Our enemies love it when we fight among ourselves. And some places like the Democratic Republic of the Congo never reach Actualization because they are always too busy fighting among themselves.

Here in the USA there was W who wanted to help the people of Latin America, and fucking Bin Laden stole the focus and stole the energy and resources. We should have been doing work in Latin America instead of fighting in Afghanistan and in Iraq. That money and effort should have went to help poor children in Latin America and to make things better here.

And right now during peacetime we need to be making television shows and movies, etc, for the Arabs, etc, and we need to teach them the ways of peace, and we need to teach them the value of peace. With peace you can reach Actualization, and we need to teach everyone that. And you cannot build with a gun, and you cannot win hearts and minds with a gun. Ariana Grande and Shakira can win the hearts and minds, and Dolly Parton, etc. We need to be involved with the entertainment in Afghanistan and in Iraq and in the Arab nations, etc.

Anyhow, the bad guy who killed Tupac was from Vegas and he was not a New Yorker, and that is why it took decades to solve, it did not fit their narrative as they sought to make the East Coast fight against the West Coast. And it shows you how we must be proactive in our efforts to keep the peace, and it supports the need for programs such as the Peace Corps, etc.

On the issue of gangs, we have Homeboy Industries and Father Boyle.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #5686 on: September 30, 2023, 11:54:10 PM »

Natalie Rubalcava

Extremely humbled to receive a recognition from California League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC).

Growing up in the great City of Anaheim I was always inspired by the tireless efforts LULAC made in ensuring Mexican Americans and Latinos were represented equitably.  I pledge to continue the great work they have done in my community. 

The Mission of the League of United Latin American Citizens is to advance the economic condition, educational attainment, political influence, health and civil rights of the Latino(a) population of the United States.

It is important Latinas(o) have a seat at every table where decisions are being made so we can effectively represent the voices of our community!

So much gratitude @ca.lulac

---------------

We have Kiwanis International and Youth For Christ and other groups to help.

And for the gangs we have Father Boyle and Homeboy Industries.

Plus we have the Wellness Center in Orange, and the Mental Health Association in Santa Ana.

We are blessed.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: October 01, 2023, 12:04:13 AM by FlyingVProd »

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #5687 on: October 01, 2023, 09:40:41 AM »

It's a chat forum, not your personal blog.  I'm sure there's a way to set up a FB page or a blog for your many long rambling "we need to..." essays.
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #5688 on: October 01, 2023, 10:19:16 AM »

It's a chat forum, not your personal blog.  I'm sure there's a way to set up a FB page or a blog for your many long rambling "we need to..." essays.
You offered an alternative to be administered by you.
It has been rejected.
Deal with it.
In the meantime all of us are free to discuss what we want.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #5689 on: October 01, 2023, 03:53:45 PM »

It has been rejected.

By you.  Four members from other forums, including a couple from here have posted there.  It's been, what, a couple weeks, so a little early for you to rule a forum YOU don't care for as "rejected." 

Tony rarely discusses. He soapboxes.  I am free to criticize that activity, especially given that he rarely responds to fact-based
 critiques of his comments.  This drives out members who came for intelligent discussion.  Why do you think half a dozen members departed here in the past couple years?  Not all of them saw issues the way I do, but they were at least capable of real discussion.

I know I'm offering something that allows a better discussion than the trolling and soapboxing and partisan regurgitation that passes for it here.  Whether or not people flock to that is up to them.  I'm making no claim that it will work - online forums crash all the time, many people migrate to other social media.
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #5690 on: October 01, 2023, 06:05:00 PM »

It has been rejected.

By you.  Four members from other forums, including a couple from here[/quote
Rea
have posted there.  It's been, what, a couple weeks, so a little early for you to rule a forum YOU don't care for as "rejected." 
yes I am sure there are countless thousands yearning to join a forum where you ban anyonewho dissgrees with you.
Unless  of course these new members are clones of you.
God understands your love of aliases.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #5691 on: October 01, 2023, 10:04:06 PM »

Liar.  Even a guest can observe the headcount at Exelba, displayed bottom of homepage.  Nine signed on, none are banned.  Though if a chronic liar joined and started slandering or attacking members, reasonable forum rules would kick in as they do at any moderated forum.  Rules of decorum are not predicated on whether the moderator agrees with members, but on having a friendly space for chatting where intellectual honesty is respected.  I can well imagine thousands who yearn for any forum where such rules are enforced.  Not necessarily mine, but we'll see I guess. 

Interesting you omitted the rest of my post, "dickn."

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #5692 on: October 01, 2023, 10:14:42 PM »

Danny Trejo is opening a taco restaurant in London, England...

https://www.restaurantonline.co.uk/Article/2023/09/27/Hollywood-actor-Danny-Trejo-to-bring-Mexican-brand-Trejo-s-Tacos-to-London

I bet the people in England are going to love the tacos, and maybe Danny Trejo can spark a wave of new Mexican restaurants in England, and maybe Danny Trejo can help to improve relations between Mexico and England.

Cheech Marin made a movie with Emma Samms in Australia named "Shrimp on the Barbie" that brought the Mexican-American culture to Australia. Maybe Danny Trejo can help to bring the Mexican-American culture to England.

Salute,

Tony V.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #5693 on: October 01, 2023, 10:29:45 PM »

It has been rejected.

By you.  Four members from other forums, including a couple from here have posted there.  It's been, what, a couple weeks, so a little early for you to rule a forum YOU don't care for as "rejected." 

Tony rarely discusses.
He soapboxes.
so what? You are free to ignore him.  Others talk and argue with him.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #5694 on: October 01, 2023, 10:33:34 PM »

Liar.  Even a guest can observe the headcount at Exelba, displayed bottom of homepage.  Nine signed on, none are banned.

I never said anyone was banned.
But they will be if you decide to censure opinion you do not like.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #5695 on: October 01, 2023, 11:44:59 PM »

I like Tony's posts here, they're very interesting to me, a foreigner.
Very informative.

Isn't that what forums are supposed to be about, caring and sharing?

Everyone has a different style of writing,

Reading Tony's posts is not compulsory.
Comparison is the thief of joy.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #5696 on: October 02, 2023, 02:03:15 AM »

There are topics here.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5697 on: October 02, 2023, 02:28:56 AM »

It has been rejected.

By you.  Four members from other forums, including a couple from here[/quote
Rea
have posted there.  It's been, what, a couple weeks, so a little early for you to rule a forum YOU don't care for as "rejected." 
yes I am sure there are countless thousands yearning to join a forum where you ban anyonewho dissgrees with you.
Unless  of course these new members are clones of you.
God understands your love of aliases.
And his shame at showing his face in public
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #5698 on: October 02, 2023, 03:22:12 AM »

There are topics here.

News in general...is a very broad topic/section.
Comparison is the thief of joy.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #5699 on: October 02, 2023, 11:06:11 AM »

There are topics here.

News in general...is a very broad topic/section.

A ton of his meanderings are not in the "News in General" thread and much of his postings about his days body-guarding Suzanne Pleshette, even if posted there, cannot be considered "news" by any definition of the word.

That said, I've made my peace with it and ignore it mostly.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar
Pages: 1 ... 378 379 [380] 381 382 ... 577