Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 390 391 [392] 393 394 ... 577

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 121886 times)

Yankguy1

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #5865 on: October 10, 2023, 07:10:17 PM »

Just put me on Ignore.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #5866 on: October 10, 2023, 08:03:08 PM »

I think the point is it is the type of blood libel that pops up in the course of the conduct of any war, and while it certainly may have happened, it is also the type of claim people make up to fuel outrage. So, yes, I will be skeptical of the allegation until I see a reputable source for it.

What Hamas did is atrocity enough.

Agree. Well put.  Not impossible to hold two ideas in one's head, that Hamas has acted brutally and in gross violation of Geneva, and also that each side wants to magnify the actions of the enemy to build support.  TBH  I may post less here, due to the endless heavy lifting of clarifying the bloody fucking obvious.  Most people want to pick a side, then howl out their blood lust, and cheer when the bodies of the bad guys are piled high. 
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5867 on: October 10, 2023, 08:11:44 PM »

I prefer the non shooting solutions, but there has to be some basis to form an agreement from each side.

That time of work faces new headwinds in the current media environment and that is to the detriment of everyone in and out of conflict zones.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #5868 on: October 10, 2023, 08:22:45 PM »

After 9/11 did America say:
"What Al Qaeda did is atrocity enough"?

No, it went after Al Qaeda, and then blew half bin Laden's head off and turned him into fish food.

Same must be done to Hamas.

« Last Edit: October 10, 2023, 08:41:28 PM by bambu. »
Comparison is the thief of joy.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #5869 on: October 10, 2023, 08:25:42 PM »

I think the point is it is the type of blood libel that pops up in the course of the conduct of any war, and while it certainly may have happened, it is also the type of claim people make up to fuel outrage. So, yes, I will be skeptical of the allegation until I see a reputable source for it.

Agree. Well put.  Not impossible to hold two ideas in one's head, that Hamas has acted brutally and in gross violation of Geneva, and also that each side wants to magnify the actions of the enemy to build support.  TBH  I may post less here, due to the endless heavy lifting of clarifying the bloody fucking obvious.  Most people want to pick a side, then howl out their blood lust, and cheer when the bodies of the bad guys are piled high.
Please, for your own personal safety , do not let the door hit your candy ass on the way out.
No one, though, will miss you.
But then you have taken you BAWL and left more times on here, by far,  than Mister Dithers ever fired Bumstead.

ROFL!

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #5870 on: October 10, 2023, 08:29:31 PM »

Just put me on Ignore.
No.
Your ignorance needs to be exposed.
Especially when you lie about other poster comments
« Last Edit: October 10, 2023, 09:44:48 PM by Espnthree »

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #5871 on: October 10, 2023, 10:27:41 PM »

Hah. I will add lie to the list of words you do not know the meaning of.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2023, 10:46:36 PM by Yankguy1 »
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #5872 on: October 10, 2023, 10:32:30 PM »

Just put me on Ignore.
No.

It is not just your ignorance that gets exposed here, Red.

Your deep stupidity and faulty distasteful character also get a good airing out.

You might have more luck pointing fingers if you take your thumb out of your own ass first
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #5873 on: October 11, 2023, 02:54:44 AM »

Aussie journalist Cheng Lei has returned to her home to Melbourne [pron Melb'n], after being detained for years in China!

That is wonderful news, and very unexpected.

Wisdom dictates that she remains home from now on and does all her journalist work in Australia.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2023, 02:57:55 AM by bambu. »
Comparison is the thief of joy.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5874 on: October 11, 2023, 08:34:15 AM »

After 9/11 did America say:
"What Al Qaeda did is atrocity enough"?

No, it went after Al Qaeda, and then blew half bin Laden's head off and turned him into fish food.

Same must be done to Hamas.
Yes, lots of people said words to that effect, which is why we went after bin Laden. Although of course they can speak, read and understand in context and you quite clearly cannot.
Sam: Those sons of bitches, they got him right through the neck.

Suzy: Was he a good dog?

Sam: Who's to say? But he didn't deserve to die.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5875 on: October 11, 2023, 08:44:12 AM »

Just put me on Ignore.
No.
Lest we forget, RedDick is a PROVEN LIAR who, having been teased about an obvious mistake, corrected that mistake and then accused the people who accurately quoted his original post of altering his post. An obvious lie that got him banned for a week. He is a PROVEN LIAR and anyone who takes what he says on faith are fucking idiots.
Sam: Those sons of bitches, they got him right through the neck.

Suzy: Was he a good dog?

Sam: Who's to say? But he didn't deserve to die.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #5876 on: October 11, 2023, 10:31:27 AM »

Please, for your own personal safety , do not let the door hit your candy ass on the way out.
No one, though, will miss you.
But then you have taken you BAWL and left more times on here, by far,  than Mister Dithers ever fired Bumstead.

ROFL!

Your reading comprehension difficulties persist, I see.  Posting less is not the same as leaving.  Also, you seem to confuse posts saying I will leave that day's discussion, which I will do when it's pointless to continue, with some sort of permanent farewell.  As for taunting people who withdraw from conversation with you, that's a good way to duck your own toxic dishonesty which is the root cause of said withdrawal.  Keep it up. 
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #5877 on: October 11, 2023, 11:27:10 AM »

News Item

A Free Palestine rally held in Dearborn, Michigan, on Tuesday with elected officials and community organizations from across the Detroit area featured cheers for the Hamas terrorist organization and chants for the destruction of the State of Israel.

The rally, held at the Ford Community and Performing Arts Center, was ostensibly a show of solidarity for Palestiniants.

The participants form the base of voters for Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2023, 11:30:06 AM by Espnthree »

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #5878 on: October 11, 2023, 12:03:27 PM »

Former Harvard President Lawrence Summer on the non response of Harvard to the Hamas atrocities.

In nearly 50 years of @Harvard affiliation, I have never been as disillusioned and alienated as I am today. The Harvard silence, coupled with the student coalition letter has allowed Harvard to appear at best neutral towards acts of terror against the Jewish state of Israel.

George Orwell once noted

some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them
« Last Edit: October 11, 2023, 12:54:51 PM by Espnthree »

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #5879 on: October 11, 2023, 12:34:59 PM »

When Red types Hasas, it evidences how he does not take the issues he parrots false talking points for very seriously at all.

Red hates America and he hates America first. Everything else he posts is either his way of saying that or him being completely insincere.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 390 391 [392] 393 394 ... 577