Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

When do yo think the MLB regular season will start?

On time
- 1 (33.3%)
Late, but on or before April 15th
- 0 (0%)
April 16th through April 30th
- 0 (0%)
May 1st through May 15th
- 2 (66.7%)
May 16th through May 31st
- 0 (0%)
Jun1st through June 15th
- 0 (0%)
June 16th through June 30th
- 0 (0%)
After June 30th
- 0 (0%)
No Season
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: February 13, 2022, 10:41:25 PM

Pages: 1 ... 394 395 [396] 397 398 ... 469

Author Topic: Major League Baseball  (Read 295313 times)

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
Re: Major League Baseball
« Reply #5925 on: October 23, 2021, 12:15:00 PM »

and the troll just keeps on trolling

SSDD

Alvarez was a force in that series

it was if all of Kike's mojo and hits and scorching at-bats in the first three games were voodooed in Alvarez's bat the last 3 games

it was weird, a team that was one of the best hitting teams in baseball went ice cold.

and the other, probably the best hitting team in baseball finally got steamy hot.

the best team won

but the Sox, for all their flaws, and they were discussed here, played hard, delivered far more than expected, and gave their fans a fun WC race to follow and enjoy for the last 60 days of the season. They got into the post-season on the last day, and then beat our ancient rival and then a newer one, and got within 2 games of getting into a WS.

I'd say most baseball fans would sign up for that.

Even if it meant reading the tear-stained posts of a sad and envious troll.

LMAO

Thanks Sox for a fun seson and congrats to Astro fans both old and those born just a week or so ago.

Nope. Either they choked or the way they were cheating was discovered and Baker made the adjustments.

Fir a team to go THAT cold, THAT quickly, something big time changed. And it was t underwear.

But you run along, now, banks. Your team was schooled, Cora iutmanaged by Dusty Baker.

LOL!!!
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #5926 on: October 23, 2021, 12:26:20 PM »

Ham you're an idiot troll.

Thanks once again for proving it and that you do not understand the game nor acknowledge its streakiness.

LMAO

and fwiw, and for some balance and perspective take your sentence, "...for a team to go that cold..." and reverse  the temp.

It carries just as much poor sportsmanship as your original thought and is just as stupid.

But then again you are a stupid poor sport.

And you do deliver.

LMAO

now go pee in your pants elsewhere

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5927 on: October 23, 2021, 01:39:28 PM »

I've no idea what turns a hot team cold or vice versa.  .
I'm going with baseball is hard. Plus the hot hand fallacy.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #5928 on: October 23, 2021, 02:57:34 PM »

Thanks once again for proving it and that you do not understand the game nor acknowledge its streakiness.

LMAO

and fwiw, and for some balance and perspective take your sentence, "...for a team to go that cold..." and reverse  the temp.

It carries just as much poor sportsmanship as your original thought and is just as stupid.

And you do deliver.

LMAO

You're trying to put on a game face, but we know you're crushed.

Sad you just can't be honest about how devastated you are.

Weak sauce, Little Richard.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #5929 on: October 23, 2021, 02:58:24 PM »

Meanwhile, Dave Roberts already getting the Grady Little treatment in LA.

https://www.latimes.com/sports/story/2021-10-23/letters-la-times-sports-dave-roberts-dodgers-insanity

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #5930 on: October 23, 2021, 03:44:20 PM »

LMAO

And you do deliver.

LMAO

LMAO

Wrong again troll.

You project your feelings of inadequacies.

Like any fan of a team that loses I'm disappointed.

But I don't so tie up my feelings of competence on what others control.

But I understand that people of more modest accomplishments, such as yourself, would take it so hard, crushed as you called it, as you've projected yourself to be.

You'll get over those tough losses and perhaps find the time to work on those personal weaknesses that have held you back for decades.

Best of luck Hammy on what will be a long and difficult journey to overcome yourself.   

But before you start your journey, you should change your pee-stained trousers.

And mop up that pee puddle you left. 

LMAO

Edit this was posted earlier today elsewhere

Quote from: bankshot1, post: 4703407, member: 9

I think most here understood the flaws of the '21 team and understood our likely ceiling. Well that ceiling was smashed and we got within a few feet of the penthouse. The Sox were both an easy team to cheer for and an easy team to swear at. But they gave us a summer of scoreboard watching, meaningful games, and a fun WC race, which was not settled until the last day of the season. You folks know the rest. So thanks Sox for a pretty good year that exceeded my expectations.

« Last Edit: October 23, 2021, 03:55:32 PM by bankshot1 »

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #5931 on: October 23, 2021, 04:24:08 PM »

LMAO

And you do deliver.

LMAO

LMAO

Wrong again troll.

But I understand that people of more modest accomplishments, such as yourself, would take it so hard, crushed as you called it, as you've projected yourself to be.

You'll get over those tough losses and perhaps find the time to work on those personal weaknesses that have held you back for decades.

Best of luck Hammy on what will be a long and difficult journey to overcome yourself.   

LMAO

I think most here understood the flaws of the '21 team and understood our likely ceiling. Well that ceiling was smashed and we got within a few feet of the penthouse. The Sox were both an easy team to cheer for and an easy team to swear at. But they gave us a summer of scoreboard watching, meaningful games, and a fun WC race, which was not settled until the last day of the season. You folks know the rest. So thanks Sox for a pretty good year that exceeded my expectations.

STILL IN DENIAL.Here, the hurt and pain peak through.

a fucking Fenway wall ball single ends the Sox season

we'll always have LAZ DIAZ![
/i]

You should just let it out, banks. You'll feel better.

« Last Edit: October 23, 2021, 04:31:12 PM by Hamilton Samuels »

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #5932 on: October 23, 2021, 04:26:13 PM »

Kyle Schwarber, cap-tipper.

SCroll down, and after you read the lame excuse Cora made for getting his team caught in a strike-out throw-em-out DP, you'll find some great quotes about tipping that Sox cap to those Astros.

https://www.boston.com/sports/boston-red-sox/2021/10/23/red-sox-hitting-alcs-alex-cora-xander-bogaerts-kyle-schwarber/

Don't worry, Kyle from Waltham. The Astros and their fans just gotta do their own tipping of the cap to you for that fabulous error you made in Game 5 that led to all those runs.

But...you're resilient, so there's that.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2021, 04:30:06 PM by Hamilton Samuels »

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #5933 on: October 23, 2021, 04:37:43 PM »

LMAO

And you do deliver.

LMAO

LMAO

Wrong again troll.

LMAO

STILL IN DENIAL.Here, the hurt and pain peak through.

a fucking Fenway wall ball single ends the Sox season

we'll always have LAZ DIAZ![
/i]

You should just let it out, banks. You'll feel better.

Hammy I did let it out with my real time, game time,  in thread comments that you quoted.

You know like a real baseball fan would do if they were watching a game.

Oh, my bad, you wouldn't know.

Hammy a better question for you to examine, is why you feel the need to want me to feel sad, or depressed when I don't.

And nothing you can say about a baseball game will change that.

Its a game.

What is your crying need and what is your pay-off for being such an asshole?

and while you ponder those questions, change your pants.

But this time clean and wipe yourself first.

All the best

LMAO

« Last Edit: October 23, 2021, 04:39:19 PM by bankshot1 »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5934 on: October 23, 2021, 05:49:30 PM »

LMAO

And you do deliver.

LMAO

0-2.

Can't read his mind, either.

Perhaps you are disappointed that we're proud of our team, not ashamed, not blaming Cora or anybody else.

I would tell you to get over it, but as far as I can tell, you have never gotten over any perceived slight in your life.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #5935 on: October 23, 2021, 06:24:05 PM »

I think after a certain age these things affect you much less.  I am sure Bank and I (and likely you) have this in common.  Wins by sports teams are nice - but not really a big deal.

- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: NLCS!
« Reply #5936 on: October 23, 2021, 10:26:06 PM »

I feel about this game pretty much how I did last night's.

If the Dodgers can't score runs then there is not much to be done.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5937 on: October 23, 2021, 10:46:42 PM »

I feel about this game pretty much how I did last night's.

If the Dodgers can't score runs then there is not much to be done.

That's one!

Go Dodgers!

(I want more baseball and a Game 7!)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5938 on: October 23, 2021, 11:36:01 PM »

Now or never, guys! Let's get it done!!

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5939 on: October 23, 2021, 11:47:28 PM »

Again, the better team won. They might not have been better with all hands on deck, but at the end of the season, that is seldom what you have.

Braves vs. Astros in the World Series, w/both Wild Cards finally eliminated!
Pages: 1 ... 394 395 [396] 397 398 ... 469