Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1615 1616 [1617] 1618 1619 ... 1849

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 923400 times)

chipstern

• View Profile
Warriors Sitting Pretty...WHY FUCK WITH IT
« Reply #24240 on: July 12, 2022, 02:35:12 PM »

NOTHING appears to be occuring on the Durant Trade Front, and Kevin's ennuir appears [APPEARS] to be connected to Kyrie's ongoing shit storm, and trade requests and big bluff that he might not pick up his option and sign with the Lakers for minimal vets money. 

The package Danny Ainge leveraged from the Wolves for Rudy Gobert completely changed EVERYTHING in terms of top tier movement, and clearly, Sean Marks has dug in his heels with both Kyrie and Kevin, and, stay tuned, but that as we speak, he is taking more of a Daryl Morey position with both of these motherfuckers, where he is just going to wait them out, refer them to their contractural obligations, and if no play, no pay.   

Hey, Irving and Durant are modern independent business entities, and not unlike owners, they have every right to optimize their situation, their brand. 

Still, the idea that the Nyets are somehow obligated to acceed to their every whim, has been thoroughly discredited.  There is not much the Nyets have failed to oblige K & D, from firing Kenny Atkinson, to trading for Harden, to allowing Irving to simply take a two week off for no good reason so he could party in midseason, to paying KD what, like $35-40 million for him to sit out and rehab for an entire season and a good part of another, to allowing Kyrie to be a part time player during the pandemic. 

The Warriors have a core of championship vets in Curry [34], Thompson [32] and Green [32], filling out their starting five with young vets Andrew Wiggins [27] and Kevon Looney [26].   

And during the period the Warriors waited out significant rehab time for Thompson and Curry and to a lesser degree, Green, they remained patient, and did not sunder their future in the name of quick fixes. 

Having watched James Wiseman's stunning return the other night, and taken notice of his level of skill and size, the Warriors have demnonstrated without question--and they have the rings to prove it--that they have a plan and a proven culture, and the likelihood that they would package ANDREW WIGGINS and some combination of JORDAN POOLE, MOSES MOODY, JONATHAN KUMINGA, JAMES WISEMAN and [AND] Draft Capital for the privilege of bringing back a 34 year old martinet who, while unquestionably one of the all time greats, bailed on the Warriors in 2019, after being an honored part of a starting five which reached the NBA FINALS in all three of his seasons with the team, decisively winning championships in the first two of those seasons. 

Even seeing this raised as a possibility makes me sick to my stomach.

And I may be wrong, and it wouldn't be the last time, but I think it is dawning on Kevin Durant that he has no fucking leverage. 

He wants to play for Phoenix?  Miami? 

Good luck. 

Phoenix ain't parting with Devin Booker.  Miami ain't parting with Butler or Bam. 

Toronto has been floated, but there is no way they are parting with Scottie Barnes. 

It goes on and on and on...

Maybe Kevin and Kyrie just suck it up and get down for 2022-23 with Ben Simmons and committ to making a playoff run.  This whole superstar hissy fit is a farce.  Kevin and Kyrie ain't going anywhere.   

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #24241 on: July 12, 2022, 03:47:37 PM »

Joes Tsai wants them gone

Staring match with Pelinka over Kyrie

Sifting through a SLEW  of good offers for Kevin.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24242 on: July 12, 2022, 04:37:06 PM »

I would like to see offers and sources before characterizing the slew.

I am rooting for the nets to find no takers for either guy forcing them to find their nuts and punish the entire league team by team. This either ends with them getting rings or blowing up spectacularly, either way it is seat filling theater. Zeke would be killing himself for letting Dale and Thomas go under.

As for the Knicks, it would be crazy to move Cam now. He is cheap, clearly functional and potentially very good. You can offer him a haircut deal before the season starts when we lock up Barrett. He can take it and be secure and a value piece for us, or he can bet on himself to put in the kind of season that improves his bargaining position at the end of the year so we get a look at contract year Cam on the cheaps. Holding him is a win, or the price to let him go should at least be set high.

I know we all have hypothetical preferred pecking orders, but as always I hope as much as possible that Thibs sets bars, watches, and elevates guys who play great and pick up their teammates on both ends.

I expect one of the ways Sims can earn minutes is face guarding guys like GA, etc., unless Hartenstein is even better at it than Sims is.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #24243 on: July 12, 2022, 04:39:24 PM »

Dice needs to use RJ putting his thumb on the scale with his all consuming Knicks hate as both a life lesson and as motivation for the rest of summer league.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #24244 on: July 12, 2022, 07:32:57 PM »

We have signed Brunson. We have an exception available for a smallish contract add. Let us see how it goes.

Richard P. Feynman

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #24245 on: July 12, 2022, 07:42:40 PM »

We needed a deal in addition to the free agent signings, especially if not drafting a talent.  Now we have Brunson and IH, but dealt out of our pick and....yes, you aare right - we'll see

Expected more.  Hope for the best, trusting management.  Just Brunson, Hartenstein and Keels to acclimate into Thibs system.  Maybe this is the thinking.  But could have been Griffin.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #24246 on: July 13, 2022, 02:47:17 AM »

If you are going to cry over spilled milk, the one to regret passing on is Eason, followed closely by Williams in OKC.

Hunt makes me think we will be alright without the former. If Brunson lives up to his contract, it will have been a worthwhile sacrifice.

Richard P. Feynman

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #24247 on: July 13, 2022, 10:59:24 AM »

Is there truth to the statement that we couldnt have inked both Hartenstein and Brunson had we drafted Griffn or one of the others? 

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #24248 on: July 13, 2022, 12:26:52 PM »

Talk of a Donovan Mitchell trade has resurfaced.

I am in. Have been for a while.

Trading off a slew of draft picks, along with Obi, IQ, Grimes and whatnot. There's no way the Knicks don't take that.

But if Jazz demand RJ?

I know what Chip thinks about that!

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #24249 on: July 13, 2022, 01:30:26 PM »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #24250 on: July 13, 2022, 01:32:40 PM »

Trading off a slew of draft picks, along with Obi, IQ, Grimes and whatnot. There's no way the Knicks don't take that.

But if Jazz demand RJ?

I am not looking to deal Grimes (PG possibilities surfacing) or Toppin right now.  And Barrett plays his spot.

Might be better dealing RJ with Quickley

chipstern

• View Profile
Damn Right
« Reply #24251 on: July 13, 2022, 01:33:02 PM »

But if Jazz demand RJ?

Hard to argue with Donovan's stat line.  Dynamic two-way combo guard, decent 3 point shooter, excellent free throw shooter who gets to the line with frequency, boards, distributes, was basically 26-4-5 with 1.5 steals a game last season. 

A real no brainer, eh? 

But I am a big fan or RJ, he IS a Knick, wants to be a Knick, has improved every season.  Just turned 22.  DM is going to be 26, like Jalen.  Is also 6'1" like Jalen

Still, there is something to be said for growing your own. 

All the arguments say yes. 

I SAY NO. 

But I have no input in the matter.  Save that it distresses me to see us gut our team and give Utah three starters and multiple #1 picks.  RJ is going to get nothing but better, a two way wing with size. 

THE ETERNAL PURSUIT OF THE SHINY OBJECT. 
« Last Edit: July 13, 2022, 01:44:55 PM by chipstern »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #24252 on: July 13, 2022, 01:41:10 PM »

How much do you pay Barrett?

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #24253 on: July 13, 2022, 01:46:53 PM »

How much do you pay Barrett?

Julius Money. 

20-25 range. 

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
growing your own
« Reply #24254 on: July 13, 2022, 01:47:40 PM »

But if Jazz demand RJ?

Hard to argue with Donovan's stat line.  Dynamic two-way combo guard, decent 3 point shooter, excellent free throw shooter who gets to the line with frequency, boards, distributes, was basically 26-4-5 with 1.5 steals a game last season. 

A real no brainer, eh? 

But I am a big fan or RJ, he IS a Knick, wants to be a Knick, has improved every season.  Just turned 22.  DM is going to be 26, like Jalen.  Is also 6'1" like Jalen

Still, there is something to be said for growing your own. 

All the arguments say yes. 

I SAY NO. 

But I have no input in the matter.  Save that it distresses me to see us gut our team and give Utah three starters and multiple #1 picks.  RJ is going to get nothing but better, a two way wing with size. 

THE ETERNAL PURSUIT OF THE SHINY OBJECT.

DITTO.
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero
Pages: 1 ... 1615 1616 [1617] 1618 1619 ... 1849