Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 471 472 [473] 474 475 ... 568

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 119823 times)

LarryB!

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #7080 on: January 12, 2024, 02:26:36 PM »

700 million in America?
Where will they all be living?
Battle Mountain, Nevada.

<spit take>

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #7081 on: January 12, 2024, 02:28:31 PM »

It is said that:

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions".

Conservatives, are not afraid to act decisively when such actions are needed to protect the "Christian" West from harm and destruction of its culture.

They don't just have good intentions.

Christians and conservatives are not quite the same thing these days.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7082 on: January 12, 2024, 02:47:03 PM »

It is said that:

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions".

Conservatives, are not afraid to act decisively when such actions are needed to protect the "Christian" West from harm and destruction of its culture.

They don't just have good intentions.
Fixed it for you.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7083 on: January 12, 2024, 02:50:21 PM »

You have to clean out your stable, Bambu.

Strip the cross from the Ralph Reeds and Leonard Leos of the world. Then what you are saying might make a little more sense.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #7084 on: January 12, 2024, 02:50:31 PM »

German supermarket chain ALDI operating in Australia has now also joined Woolworths in banning the sale of Australia Day ("Australian themed") merchandise in its stores.

Maybe they'd feel happier in Germany.

I shop with them regularly. Great value.

I'm happy that you're happy.

To them, not you:

many in Australia are basically saying to them...in the words of Greta:

"How dare you!"

They were going along nicely, until they bought a ticket to ride the "trash Australia Day" express.
Australia only exists because many Australian/Allied lives were sacrificed fighting Germany in two world wars.
The flag they refuse to sell represents Australia's history, geography, and political system.
The Union Jack, the stars of the Southern Cross, and the large 7 point Federation Star.

No way I'll ever spend one cent in ALDI again.
Which of course won't send them broke.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2024, 05:56:51 PM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #7085 on: January 12, 2024, 02:54:14 PM »

National Weather Service data shows there has never been a colder Iowa caucus night than what is forecast for Jan. 15. The previous coldest was in 2004, when the high temperature for the caucus was 16 degrees.

We may not warm above zero degrees on Monday, said Des Moine meteorologist Chad Hahn. I would not be surprised if we dont get above minus 20 degrees for wind chills beginning on Sunday.
-- AP

If the demog there in Iowa has younger voters skewing away from Trump, then old folks staying home could help Haley and/or DeSantis.  But could go the other way, due to the common phenomenon of the most extremist voters mustering highest turnout.   Repubs not happy with the whole field, who might grudgingly go for Haley, might opt to stay home close to the hearth.
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #7086 on: January 12, 2024, 04:57:04 PM »

The families of our leaders have the opportunity to do good and to serve our people and to serve humanity.

Gerald Ford's wife, Betty Ford, had a drug problem, so she dealt with it publicly and she brought the whole nation into her battle against addiction, and then she opened the Betty Ford Center in Palm Springs, California, to help other people to get clean. Ozzy Osbourne and Elizabeth Taylor and many other stars went to the Better Ford Center to get clean.

I had a professor in community college who attended San Diego State University, and he worked at the Betty Ford Center, and he was involved with Carl Rogers, etc, and he taught us a lot about how the program at the Betty Ford Center worked, and he said it was a great job and he loved meeting the stars, he made the Betty Ford Center sound like a great place to work.

Betty Ford made the world a better place via her position as the wife of Gerald Ford. And instead of being shamed for her addiction she dealt with it in public and made her recovery a team goal, and then she helped others.

Salute,

Tony V.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #7087 on: January 12, 2024, 07:11:36 PM »

Strip the cross from the Ralph Reeds and Leonard Leos of the world. Then what you are saying might make a little more sense.

When I look at all the injustices of the world, and I drive past churches, I ask myself,  What kind of people worship there? 

- Martin Luther King, Jr.
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #7088 on: January 12, 2024, 09:05:00 PM »

Of note is that the 5 Eyes Intelligence group members besides US and UK ...Canada, Australia, NZ, that did not have ships involved in the UK/US missile attacks on Houthis in Yemen...we're given credit by Biden Admin as assisting/supporting.
Allies all.

Houthis are now threathening to take revenge on all countries involved.
As such, Australia should hit the red alert button and immediately ban all immigration/travel to and from Yemen etc.
"Lock down" the country tightly.
Other countries involved should do the same.

Houthi terrorists are coming.
*Welcoming* parties should be ready for them.
Go woke, go broke.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #7089 on: January 12, 2024, 10:29:10 PM »

Aside from shithole inspectors nobody is coming to Australia.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #7090 on: January 13, 2024, 01:17:59 AM »

Vivek finding out the reality of the GOP.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2024-election/vivek-ramaswamy-campaign-still-facing-voter-questions-race-religion-da-rcna133721

Guess he never heard of Barack HUSSEIN Obama, huh?

If Nikki Haley wins in New Hampshire she will quickly become Nimarata for the rest of the primary states.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #7091 on: January 13, 2024, 01:23:43 AM »

Aside from shithole inspectors nobody is coming to Australia.

Wish it were so, but when terrorists threaten things it's best to heed their words and make defensive plans.
Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #7092 on: January 13, 2024, 09:45:50 AM »

When I look at all the injustices of the world, and I drive past churches, I ask myself,  What kind of people worship there? 

That would be people who believe that Jesus was/is real.
That he was born on earth in Bethlehem, walked among the People of the time, was crucified, then ascended into Heaven.
Christmas and Easter.
Go woke, go broke.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #7093 on: January 13, 2024, 11:49:53 AM »

Not people who remember that Jesus was born a refugee and that his mission was to get people to support the least among us and to separate the spiritual from the political, tearing down hypocrites who fake holiness for political ends and serve personal greed at the expense of their fellow man.

King saw churches filled with people at war with the kingdom of Heaven that Jesus described.

You should think about this as you finish your journey straight to Hell, Bambu. An awakening that saves you from your blasphemous idolatry may still be possible.

Richard P. Feynman

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #7094 on: January 13, 2024, 12:02:56 PM »

That would be people who believe that Jesus was/is real.
That he was born on earth in Bethlehem, walked among the People of the time, was crucified, then ascended into Heaven.
Christmas and Easter.

You missed King's point.  He looked around America and could not help wondering how people who purportedly followed Christ could treat their fellow human beings the way they were doing.
Pages: 1 ... 471 472 [473] 474 475 ... 568