Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all the Bowl games be played this year?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:05:59 PM

Pages: 1 ... 311 312 [313] 314 315 ... 329

Author Topic: College Football  (Read 260746 times)

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
Re: College Football
« Reply #4680 on: October 09, 2022, 07:32:20 PM »

I think next week we come out of the fourth quarter ahead 7 - 0. The first three quarter are what I worry about.
Ahem. At least I got one pick smack on.

Smacked is a good word to use for that game.
What do farmers and the media have in common?
They both spend a lot of time spreading shit.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4681 on: October 10, 2022, 07:28:41 PM »

I think next week we come out of the fourth quarter ahead 7 - 0. The first three quarter are what I worry about.
Ahem. At least I got one pick smack on.

Smacked is a good word to use for that game.
We made them punt thrice. Which is twice more than I expected.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #4682 on: October 15, 2022, 04:22:20 PM »

So far Tennessee looks to be real. Or, maybe, Bama isn't the team they have been in the past.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #4683 on: October 15, 2022, 04:48:36 PM »

Somebody is in BIG trouble. :-)

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4684 on: October 15, 2022, 04:55:24 PM »

Kid must have thought his player had touched it. Or he is an idiot.

Methchicken looked impressive especially on defense.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4685 on: October 15, 2022, 07:37:29 PM »

Rocky Top! That field goal would have been good from 40 1/2 yards!

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4686 on: October 16, 2022, 12:45:59 PM »

Glad to have gotten off the schnied, but it is odd that a double overtime win by my favorite team was only the third most nteresting game in that time window.

Can the Increasingly Inaccurately Named Big Ten East get two teams into the CFB playoffs? I was impressed with those fucking arrogant bastards Methchicken on defense, and their running game is strong. I still think they have exploitable QB issues, so despite how good they look, when we set on their run game in two weeks and
Are them throw, that is how we beat them in two weeks. A pick I am making now because my son is getting married that weekend and I will be off line for a couple of weeks. Also, a pick I would be making if the son of God was quarterbacking Methchicken.

But in the real world I cannot see anyone on their schedule beating them besides The. The PAWCP is down to University of California as an unbeaten and I cannot see a one loss PAWCP team making it. The Pure Prairie League looks too even to go unbeaten. So assuming ClemSIN, Georgia and the Increasingly Inaccurately Named Big Ten champ, that leaves one more spot. Bama in this scenario has one more loss (Ga if not. earlier) so..

* at Los Angeles

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4687 on: October 20, 2022, 10:40:36 AM »

EVENTUAL 2023 2024 NAIONAL CHAMPION MICHIGAN STATE 37, Methchicken 33

I am aware that this is two weeks away, but I will be gone for the next couple weeks and want to get this pick in. I am also aware that this was the score of last years game. I am also also aware that Kenneth III is not Walkering through that door. I just do not care.

The 35, Iowa 3

Iowa has the no 3 scoring defense in college football. They have not played anyone with the range of offensive options The does. Iowa also would have to score some to win. Which they will not do, or at least not do enough to win.

ClemSIN 31, Syracuse 10

Good job by the Cuse to be unbeaten this late in the season. Not that they have played much of anyone. This is the best team by far that they will be playing. ClemSIN has been improving as the year goes on, and Uuulieuuuieuu or whatever his name is has been better. I expect that improvement to continue. Syracuse has had a pretty stingy defense to date, but the best offense they have faced was probably Purdue. Nice to have an early game match up of ranked teams, but I do not think it will be that much of a game.

Tennessee 42, the University of Tennessee Martin 24

I was actually impressed with Tennessee defense, for a while at least, last week. Still too leaky a cauldron for a championship team, because eventually there will be a time when defense is required. Not this week, though. Tennessee Martin sounds like a mediocre country singer currently making a concert tour of midwestern dive bars.

the Louisiana State University 27, Old Mississippi 21

A couple of PAWCP refugee quarterbacks. Old Mississippi has developed a pretty good running game, but I just do not trust them. I am admittedly distrustful of the Mississippi teams early in the year because their schedules always seem to be back loaded, and fuck Lane Kiffin in particular, so do not put any money on this one on my say so.

the Texas 31, the Oklahoma State 27

The Horns looked pretty multidimensional with the Quinn Ewers, if that is his real name which I doubt, at the helm. Nice set of backs. Texas is like Our Lady of the Perpetual Tie in that I hear they are back so often I doubt they are back until they prove it. the OSU spit the bit against TCU, but until the last few minutes looked pretty good. Should be a good game. I may have underestimated the number of points.

Oregon 31, University of California* 17

I think not only will no PAWCP go unbeaten, they will all have two ore more losses. Yes, I still hate Bo Nix, but he is at home, so more good plays than stunningly bad ones.

Alabama 49, the Old Mississippi State University 45

Did you see that pass defense last week? OK, Tennessee has a great offense sure, but it was a balanced offense, not an air raid sort of one, and they shredded the Bama secondary. the MSU has a more potent passing game. Alabama just seems more ragged and undisciplined this year than they have been. I have Alabama out scoring them, but there is no reason why tMSU cannot outscore Alabama. Other than any team with Mike Leach as its head coach does not deserve success.

the Pennsylvania State University 27, Minnesota 17

While tPSUs inability to even slow down Methchickens running game was on full display virtually every minute of the game Saturday, and there own running game was non-existent, I do not view that as their norm. Minnesota does have a good running game, so the potential of an upset is there.

the Kansas State University 31, Christians from Texas 28

The comeback we impressive, but TCU pre-comeback was a concern. The Pure Prairie League seems to have a bunch of fairly equal pretty good teams, so it is going to be interesting to see if any of them is strong enough to go the year with no losses. Or even just one loss.

Kansas 27, Baylor 21

I had Baylor under consideration for the final playoff spot preseason, so what the fuck do I know. Kansas started 5 and 0 but if they do not beat Baylor there is a real chance those 5 wins are all they get.

Maryland 27, North by Northwestern 6

An interesting game in the yankguy household. Not sure if baby Tags is playing, but that really only effects the margin of victory. NW is baaad.

Our Lady of the Perpetual Tie 31, University of Nevada Los Vegas 17

3 and 3 OLotPT may need this game to be bowl eligible, since three of their last six games are against ranked teams. Well, one is Syracuse but still. And despite wanting desperately to see them fail badly and wind up where they were when they made their Faustian bargain in the 80s, I just cannot do it.

* at Los Angeles

bosox26d

• View Profile
« Reply #4688 on: October 31, 2022, 01:51:31 PM »

Which Harbaugh is the bigger Ahole

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #4689 on: November 03, 2022, 11:13:37 PM »

Impossible for conventional logistics to assertain.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #4690 on: November 03, 2022, 11:14:27 PM »

I crack myself up.

bosox26d

• View Profile
« Reply #4691 on: November 05, 2022, 11:15:03 PM »

Impossible for conventional logistics to assertain.
😁😁

bosox26d

• View Profile
« Reply #4692 on: November 05, 2022, 11:15:57 PM »

It's a beautiful night in Baton Rouge

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #4693 on: November 06, 2022, 12:17:29 AM »

It's a beautiful night in Baton Rouge
How did your team do?

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #4694 on: November 06, 2022, 12:22:09 AM »

SMU beat Houston 77 to 63 to kick off the NCAA Basketball season.

What?

Never mind.
Pages: 1 ... 311 312 [313] 314 315 ... 329