Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3925 3926 [3927] 3928 3929 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1623495 times)

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #58890 on: December 02, 2020, 05:26:52 PM »

Bart

Red thinks you have crappy taste and should pick better heros!

I like heroes, there's a deli near me that makes an Italian hero its out of this world!

They have great chicken-parm heros too.

Don't pay any attention to Red

he strikes me as a corned-beef with mayo on white kind of guy.

You mean grinders, right?

Hero worked in my post, but in my part of NJ, most call heros subs. Heros seems a NYC thing. Grinders, in my experience were originally found around in the Boston area  in Greek owned "House of Pizza" places, and were usually served hot from the pizza oven. Spuckies seemed a very regional name in South Boston (Southie) for subs, never heard it anywhere else; Hoagies I think is a Philly thing, not sure though.

Red still strikes me as a white bread and mayo guy.

Hoagies are Philly and much of South Jersey. You actually can't get a good "sub" north of Philly.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #58891 on: December 02, 2020, 05:29:46 PM »

Personal advice to the group: Don't get even a mild case of COVID.

You ok
Except for the cough, the narcolepsy and the inability to walk across the room without needing 10 minutes of recovery time, A-OK!

Sorry.   Unfortunate sign of the times -- when a forum regular goes radio silent for a few days,  I wonder if they got covid.   Take care of yourself.   Turmeric added to chicken broth helps the immune system,  FWiW.   Hope your wife is okay.

Whiskey,  please stop walking across the room!   There's nothing over there for you,  man.   

Seriously, please take it easy and give yourself all the time you need to recover.   

And pass along my heartfelt thanks to your spouse in the nursing profession for her service to the community in these trying times.   
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #58892 on: December 02, 2020, 05:32:08 PM »

Democrat Joe Manchin has strong words for the “ Cultural Conversation “ he wants to have with the radical Black Lives Matter segment.

It’s not who we are. We’re not going to defund the police, there’s not one senator, Democrat senator, that supports defunding the police,” he said.

If anything we think there should be more investments made to better equip, better train, and continue the education so they have the social changes and know them better as they have to deal with them,” Manchin added. “There is so much more that has to be done. Defunding is not an option on the table. It might be in certain people’s district but no senator, no Democrat or Republican I’ve ever heard would defund the police.”

Manchin is a mealy mouthed panderer:

As your Senator, I’ll protect your Second Amendment rights,” Manchin says. “That’s why the NRA endorsed me.” October 2010

Radical?

How radical is it to demand your own tax dollars not be used to fund your oppression?
Say What?

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58893 on: December 02, 2020, 05:43:40 PM »

Sending good wishes to Steve in AZ for a speedy recovery and no long-term effects from the Trump Virus.

Also, just want to be clear to the Trumpistas here: Even Trump knows he lost. Otherwise, he wouldn't be trying to circumvent the process for issuing pardons, as he has been doing.

Get over it. You lost, snowflakes.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #58894 on: December 02, 2020, 05:57:42 PM »

Trump is just running another con, This one is a long con, He's using a lost election and screams of election fraud to raise a few hundred million from the rubes for his own benefit, and to position himself as the lodest voice of the disloyal opposition for the next 4 years. He doesn't fucking care if he trashes democracy or undermine our electiions. He just wants to keep on collecting tribute from the gullible rubes and the sworn fealty from the cowardly lords and ladies and dukes and duchesses of the once proud but now trailer trash Republican party.

barton

« Reply #58895 on: December 02, 2020, 06:04:49 PM »

That aluminum prism stuck in the ground in the Utah desert (which has now been removed by nature purists who don't want hordes hiking out there) -- full of Trump ballots!    

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #58896 on: December 02, 2020, 06:29:59 PM »

Bart

Red thinks you have crappy taste and should pick better heros!

I like heroes, there's a deli near me that makes an Italian hero its out of this world!

They have great chicken-parm heros too.

Don't pay any attention to Red

he strikes me as a corned-beef with mayo on white kind of guy.

You mean grinders, right?

Hero worked in my post, but in my part of NJ, most call heros subs. Heros seems a NYC thing. Grinders, in my experience were originally found around in the Boston area  in Greek owned "House of Pizza" places, and were usually served hot from the pizza oven. Spuckies seemed a very regional name in South Boston (Southie) for subs, never heard it anywhere else; Hoagies I think is a Philly thing, not sure though.

Red still strikes me as a white bread and mayo guy.

Hoagies are Philly and much of South Jersey. You actually can't get a good "sub" north of Philly.

I'll bite.

Philly cheese-steak subs are pretty, pretty, pretty good, but what make a Philly Hoagie better than a sub from Carroll Gardens in Brooklyn, (great italiian neighborhood with really good specilaty delis and stores, the wise guys know good mortadella pro-joot, and muutz,) or the Italian neighborhood of Boston's North End, or New Haven or Providence Federal Hill?

I used to get a pretty good sub south of Philly, in AC, the White House sub shop, always tried to hit it on the way out of town.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #58897 on: December 02, 2020, 06:36:29 PM »

Out of the National Chains. i rank them ... Firehouse Subs, Quiznos (RIP), Jimmy Johns, Jersey Mikes, Potbelly, Blimpies, Subway
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #58898 on: December 02, 2020, 06:37:57 PM »

In my travels across the country it would seem that Jersey Mikes, and The Sopranos are New Jersey's biggest (non-musical) contributions to American society at large.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2020, 06:41:49 PM by Kam »
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

barton

« Reply #58899 on: December 02, 2020, 07:01:24 PM »

The legend of the Jersey Devil,  which lives in the pine barrens.   This has an odd connection to Nebraska,  as some believe the Jersey Devil was actually a Sandhill crane.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #58900 on: December 02, 2020, 07:04:27 PM »

That aluminum prism stuck in the ground in the Utah desert (which has now been removed by nature purists who don't want hordes hiking out there) -- full of Trump ballots!

Now it’s in Romania.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #58901 on: December 02, 2020, 07:15:26 PM »

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-11-22/putin-says-he-s-not-ready-to-recognize-biden-as-u-s-president

Though he insists, he will work with either of them.

I think somebody should send him a picture of Joe, appropriately labeled, so he can recognize Biden.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #58902 on: December 02, 2020, 07:20:56 PM »

http://www.cnn.com/2020/12/02/politics/ivanka-trump-deposition/index.html

So many lawsuits, so little time.

"But I have her scheduled for a deposition on my[/case!"
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #58903 on: December 02, 2020, 08:11:31 PM »

More truth coming out of China now that Trump appears gone - as Bodiddley hides....
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #58904 on: December 02, 2020, 08:30:21 PM »

Trump taking the "Biden cannot be president" extreme route.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-charges-if-hes-right-about-election-fraud-biden-cant-be-president

I wont criticize his efforts, his passion or his M.O. - though I will be perfectly fine with a Biden presidency as long as FIRST we look at all the shenanigans that occurred and get some things fixed at state level.

Heck, we may be better off allowing for the 4 years then winning it back in '24, with momentum.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -
Pages: 1 ... 3925 3926 [3927] 3928 3929 ... 4288