Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 566

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 119397 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #106 on: May 28, 2022, 06:59:42 PM »

https://archive.ph/IlhIW

What lives of kids are like post-school shootings.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 30, 2022, 06:05:56 PM »

Oh good Lord...

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 30, 2022, 06:53:52 PM »

Oh good Lord...

I'm sure they did it "in His name."
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #110 on: May 30, 2022, 06:57:06 PM »

Oh good Lord...

What are you afraid of?

Oh yeah...

Lyndon Johnson

Holly Martins

« Reply #111 on: May 30, 2022, 06:57:59 PM »

Not sure what the topic is here.  Oh good Lord what?

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #112 on: May 30, 2022, 06:59:50 PM »

Efforts to cancel Black history because it's too uncomfortable also reflect mainstream media narratives centering the anger and indignation of White parents regarding the teaching of Black history in public education. This has largely erased the perspective of Black parents. As one Black mother of three from Charlottesville, Virginia, told the Washington Post, They say, Our children are too young to hear about racism. Who is our children? I don't remember a day of my life when I wasn't taught about racism, or learning about it through just existing. Our children, meaning Black children, have had to be taught different ways to stay safe to maneuver through the world.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/02/02/opinions/black-history-month-white-discomfort-critical-race-theory-joseph/index.html

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 30, 2022, 07:01:15 PM »

Kid hates accurate US history.

Holly Martins

« Reply #114 on: May 30, 2022, 07:08:17 PM »

Kid hates accurate US history.

AYFKM?  Larry's link?  Can't deal with the fact that former slaves founded Memorial Day?  And how is this news?  My wife says she learned this decades ago.  Apparently her public university was part of a sinister radical Left conspiracy to get white people to believe they didn't do absolutely everything that matters.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 30, 2022, 07:11:42 PM »

Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 30, 2022, 07:27:29 PM »

I had a wonderful Black History professor in community college who was from Haiti, and she taught me that the first person to die in the American Revolution was a Black man by the name of Crispus Attucks. 

People of all races and colors helped to build America. America is for everyone.

And if we are going to have a Statue inviting the poor and the homeless to come here then we damn well better start helping the immigrants when they get here. We have 60,000 homeless people in Los Angeles alone, and we have refugees at the border waiting to come to America. We need Doctors, and Psychiatrists, and we need jobs for our people.

We can put people to work solving our supply chain issues, we can hire truck drivers, and port workers, etc, etc, etc.

We need to help our refugees, and our homeless, and our immigrants, we can help everyone at once.

Remember that land is only one thousand dollars per acre in Battle Mountain, Nevada, there is no reason to send everyone to California where land is expensive and where the average house in the OC costs over one million dollars.

Salute,

Tony V.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 30, 2022, 09:25:04 PM »

Efforts to cancel Black history because it's too uncomfortable also reflect mainstream media narratives centering the anger and indignation of White parents regarding the teaching of Black history in public education. This has largely erased the perspective of Black parents. As one Black mother of three from Charlottesville, Virginia, told the Washington Post, They say, Our children are too young to hear about racism. Who is our children? I don't remember a day of my life when I wasn't taught about racism, or learning about it through just existing. Our children, meaning Black children, have had to be taught different ways to stay safe to maneuver through the world.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/02/02/opinions/black-history-month-white-discomfort-critical-race-theory-joseph/index.html

What "cancel"? We all watched ROOTS -and nobody scoffed at it as inaccurate.  Just one example.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Holly Martins

« Reply #118 on: May 30, 2022, 10:00:18 PM »

http://www.vox.com/features/22989761/vox-conversations-albert-camus-the-philosophers

Worth remembering, today and always.

Camus is one of my favorite people.  I started reading him when I was in late teens, and was really struck by the importance of not seeing people as abstractions, and not being controlled by ideologies and violent impulses.   I can imagine him having a sad fit of laughter at "We all watched Roots..."

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 30, 2022, 10:24:49 PM »

http://www.vox.com/features/22989761/vox-conversations-albert-camus-the-philosophers

Worth remembering, today and always.

Camus is one of my favorite people.  I started reading him when I was in late teens, and was really struck by the importance of not seeing people as abstractions, and not being controlled by ideologies and violent impulses.   I can imagine him having a sad fit of laughter at "We all watched Roots..."
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 566