Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 566

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 119320 times)

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #120 on: May 31, 2022, 03:04:56 PM »

The World Bank Economic Development forum on Facebook does not like it when I post local stuff about here in Anaheim, they want to focus on poor areas such as in Africa, etc. What they do not understand is that we have poor people here and people here who need help just like any other place on Earth, we have 60,000 homeless people out on the streets of Los Angeles alone. The World Bank can help a lot in California. But, the World Bank is more interested in Ukraine right now, and with other places where people really need help.

And our local government is rich, California has surpluses, but they are not helping the homeless, I do not see the money helping the people. The rich are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer and there needs to be a bridge between the rich and the poor, and there needs to be people who are turning the surpluses in housing, healthcare, education, etc.

I am embarrassed that some of my posts were declined on the World Bank forum because they consider California to be rich and we are not supposed to need the World Bank in California. But, we have poor people and homeless people in California and the money is not making it into the hands of the people who need it.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 31, 2022, 03:17:40 PM »

The squeaky wheel gets the oil, I had to try to bring some of the World Bank money to California. The post was declined, but it was worth a try. For those homeless people on the street then I am sure any effort would be appreciated.

Salute,

Tony V.

Holly Martins

« Reply #122 on: May 31, 2022, 03:21:12 PM »

She said it felt icky.  But it was the right thing to do for democracy in Peach state.

https://apnews.com/article/2022-midterm-elections-donald-trump-georgia-campaign-2016-congress-df4fa72d2d4a1e4d9344d61c0a3d4b9e

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 01, 2022, 12:57:58 PM »

Let's go!!!!!  Beat that Trumpish clown.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 01, 2022, 04:06:07 PM »

Here is an interview of my local councilman about the corruption in Anaheim, Councilman Dr Jose F. Moreno has been trying to fight against the corruption for years, and he has been telling the people that we are losing our city, and that we needed to stand up and fight to get our city back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5mA6_iF-xc

Anaheim is rich, and we have Disneyland, and the Angels, and the Ducks, and we can do more, we need to end the corruption and then we need to build a bridge between the poor people of Anaheim and the wealth of Disney, and the Angels, and the Ducks, etc. We can have a great City, we have many blessings, we have great weather, we have beautiful women, we have great schools, and we can do more, we can build a movie studio, and a community theatre, etc, and an Opera, etc, there is a lot that we can do. And the children can know that they can grow up and go to work at a great job with Disney, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 02, 2022, 10:10:25 AM »

The woman has flipped her lid

Would minds change about guns in America if we got permission to show what was left of the children before they were placed in the caskets? Would a grieving parent ever agree to do this? I figured this would never happen. But perhaps now is finally the time to ask.   

https://www.foxnews.com/media/cnn-anchor-brooke-baldwin-parkland-teacher-shooting-trump?dicbo=v2-ce772834f640a5557f94e302f648b76e
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #126 on: June 02, 2022, 01:44:57 PM »

The woman has flipped her lid

Would minds change about guns in America if we got permission to show what was left of the children before they were placed in the caskets? Would a grieving parent ever agree to do this? I figured this would never happen. But perhaps now is finally the time to ask.   

https://www.foxnews.com/media/cnn-anchor-brooke-baldwin-parkland-teacher-shooting-trump?dicbo=v2-ce772834f640a5557f94e302f648b76e

Just like Mamie Till, huh?
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 02, 2022, 01:51:12 PM »

Elon Musk employs over 110,000 people, it is amazing that one person can make such a difference. It would be great if we could have some smart people to put our unemployed and homeless people to work, even just planting orange trees and picking oranges, anyone can pick oranges.

And it goes to show the losses endured by California as General Motors plants left the state, and as movie jobs have went to other places, etc. We need to work to bring those jobs back, we can open a new movie studio in Anaheim, and we can build electric cars in Mojave, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

Holly Martins

« Reply #128 on: June 02, 2022, 01:54:24 PM »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 02, 2022, 02:21:07 PM »

"Do not worry that you do not have love, wealth, honor, or high office; but instead spend your time making yourself worthy of love, wealth, honor, and high office." - Confucius

Salute,

Tony V.

Holly Martins

« Reply #130 on: June 02, 2022, 03:09:31 PM »

Republican Gov. Kevin Stitt, who is running for reelection, said last week after the Texas shooting that it was too soon to talk about firearms policy. A pro-firearms group, the Oklahoma 2nd Amendment Association, is an influential force at the state Capitol, and the first bill Stitt signed into law after taking office in 2019 was a measure that allows most adults to openly carry firearms without the previously required background check or training. 

https://apnews.com/article/tulsa-oklahoma-texas-school-shootings-61bba0dcf04e2f8dbc34ec4ee7fd02b0

Yeah, who would need training or a background check to openly carry a deadly weapon?

Hopefully the NRA proxy group can continue to suckle at Kevin Stitt.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 02, 2022, 03:33:40 PM »

People need to work together like the Tribes, and as the Tribes send people to college then they need for those people to go get an education and then come back and help to advance the Tribe by using their education to help the Tribe. The same thing needs to happen in Kentucky, the poor people in Kentucky need to send people to colleges including to MIT and then those people need to go back to Kentucky and use their education to help the people.

Cesar Chavez said that the best use of an education is to help other people. That is what we need to do, we need for Kentucky to be like a big Tribe and we need for them to send people to college, and then we need for those people to go back to Kentucky and we need for them to use their education to help the people.

And in California, and in Nevada, we have great schools, and these children are highly educated, we have children here who are the children of farm workers who are going to grow up to be Doctors. Education is important, and we can bring great teachers to teach our children.

With the World Bank in Latin America the main thing is Education. They need to send people to the USA to get an education, and then they can go back to Latin America and they can help the people, like the President of Colombia who attended Harvard, he is using his Education to help the people of Colombia.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 02, 2022, 04:54:47 PM »

Italy got a new airline, I will be using it for sure.

It looks like they will be using French planes.

They said that the food is going to be fantastic.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 02, 2022, 05:35:22 PM »

I wrote a story about a family of outlaws who sent their Brother to Law School to become a Lawyer to fight for Law and Justice in the Wild West. Everyone wanted me to make it into a television show. The name was "Progress" and the main character was Jimmy Corvalis, and he was like a mix between Clint Eastwood and Perry Mason. He was brilliant with the law, and he was also fast with a gun. I lost it as I was moving around a lot, but it is still in my head. But, that is what we need in the world, we need for the educated people to use their educations to help other people.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 02, 2022, 05:55:32 PM »

Elko Daily Free Press

3 hours

ELKO  - Nevada Gold Mines has pledged $500,000 to the Elko Institute for Academic Achievement to be paid over the next three years toward a new school, which EIAA is currently seeking bids to construct.

----------------

Land is cheap in Elko, and they can build a nice school with that money. That is the kind of stuff that we need to do, we need to invest in Education. And they need to bring in fun architects from Greece, and from Spain, and from Italy, and they need to keep it fun as they build, and they need to build a fun new school where people can have fun as they learn.

Salute,

Tony V.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 566