Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 566

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 119364 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #135 on: June 02, 2022, 06:41:01 PM »

I wrote a story about a family of outlaws who sent their Brother to Law School to become a Lawyer to fight for Law and Justice in the Wild West. Everyone wanted me to make it into a television show. The name was "Progress" and the main character was Jimmy Corvalis, and he was like a mix between Clint Eastwood and Perry Mason. He was brilliant with the law, and he was also fast with a gun. I lost it as I was moving around a lot, but it is still in my head. But, that is what we need in the world, we need for the educated people to use their educations to help other people.

Salute,

Tony V.

Clearly time to write it down again, using the cloud so you don't lose it this time.

Happy to copy edit for you.

In Fiction.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 02, 2022, 07:14:39 PM »

I wrote a story about a family of outlaws who sent their Brother to Law School to become a Lawyer to fight for Law and Justice in the Wild West. Everyone wanted me to make it into a television show. The name was "Progress" and the main character was Jimmy Corvalis, and he was like a mix between Clint Eastwood and Perry Mason. He was brilliant with the law, and he was also fast with a gun. I lost it as I was moving around a lot, but it is still in my head. But, that is what we need in the world, we need for the educated people to use their educations to help other people.

Salute,

Tony V.

Clearly time to write it down again, using the cloud so you don't lose it this time.

In Fiction.
I think it sounds like a really bad late 60's tv series starring James Farentino.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 02, 2022, 07:20:19 PM »

Salute,

Tony V.

In Fiction.
I think it sounds like a really bad late 60's tv series starring James Farentino.

I agree.

Therefore just the thing for some of our more esoteric cable channels.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 02, 2022, 07:26:34 PM »

Nice move

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/democrats-pelosi-moderates-gun-package-split-senate-vote

More than 20 House Democrats are pressing Speaker Nancy Pelosi to split their partys  omnibus gun control package into several bills and allow votes on each in order to increase their chance of becoming law.

- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #139 on: June 02, 2022, 07:34:26 PM »

Salute,

Tony V.

In Fiction.

Or a pretty damn good series from the early 90s starring Bruce Campbell as a Harvard trained lawyer turned bounty hunter.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #140 on: June 02, 2022, 07:42:28 PM »

Nice move

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/democrats-pelosi-moderates-gun-package-split-senate-vote

More than 20 House Democrats are pressing Speaker Nancy Pelosi to split their partys  omnibus gun control package into several bills and allow votes on each in order to increase their chance of becoming law.

Yeah because GOP Moderates will vote for GOP Lite, huh.

Dems never learn.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 02, 2022, 07:56:12 PM »

I bought the top of the line equipment so that I can write and share stuff on the Cloud and stuff like the professionals do, but I still need to add some programs, and I need to learn how to use it. I need to go to the film school and see if I can hire a tutor to help me. I would love to hire a young female film student from Italy to teach me how to use my computer and to add programs and to be my writing partner. I need a smart writing partner to teach me what I need to know to move ahead to the next level.

And I know I have been talking a lot about going to the film school for help, without having went yet, but it is a long way on a bicycle and it is going to be a sole project for that day. I will have lunch, and check out the bookstore, and I will check out the bulletin board, and maybe I can find a tutor to help me.

Thanks Josh, yes, in the future I want to be able to share stuff on the Cloud and work with people in the industry, etc. I need to learn, I saved my money and I bought the equipment, now I just need a teacher to teach me how to use the equipment and to add the programs to it. I will get it figured out shortly.

Salute,

Tony V.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 02, 2022, 09:00:51 PM »

- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #143 on: June 02, 2022, 09:29:58 PM »

In that nasty state of Florida:

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/01/politics/florida-red-flag-law/

Great!

Why not do that everywhere?

Oh yeah...

Spare me the bullshit about constitutional rights, Cicilline said at one point during a debate over red flag laws, which can allow for guns to be temporarily taken away from individuals deemed a danger to themselves and others. Some opponents of the laws argue the measures infringe on due process rights.

You know who didn't have due process? You know who didn't have their constitutional right to life respected? The kids at Parkland, and Sandy Hook, and Uvalde and Buffalo, and the list goes on and on, he said.

https://www.cbs58.com/news/house-judiciary-committee-approves-wide-ranging-gun-control-legislation-in-wake-of-mass-shootings

Lyndon Johnson

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 02, 2022, 10:53:51 PM »

People are still allowed to hire beautiful women like Hugh Hefner did, and like Aaron Spelling did.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 02, 2022, 11:08:35 PM »

We can all publish a great book like J.D. Salinger and marry a hot young college student. In my case I want a young female Italian film student.

I have a great poetry book, and a great movie script, that can get me started.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 03, 2022, 12:10:01 AM »

All of the stars are at the Juke Joint in Anaheim for NAMM...

https://www.facebook.com/jukejointanaheim

https://thejukejointbar.com/

All of the big stars will be here.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: June 03, 2022, 12:13:54 AM by FlyingVProd »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 03, 2022, 03:16:16 PM »

It is camp season for the youth. When I was a teen I worked at a YMCA summer camp for two summers, at Camp Earl Anna in Tehachapi, California, for the Burbank YMCA, it was great. The Burbank YMCA sold Camp Earl Anna, I do not know what was done with Earl Anna, the camp would be a perfect spot as a drug treatment camp for homeless people. The children from Burbank now go to Camp Fox with the children from Glendale, Camp Fox is on Catalina Island.

https://www.glendaleymca.org/campfox.html

Working at a summer camp is a great thing to do as a teen, I would recommend it to all teens. And it is not about the money, the camps do not pay the teens very much to work there, it is about the experience and the service and making new friends, etc. And it would be great for the teens to get to spend the summer on Catalina Island, I am sure they have fun when they work at the camp.

Salute,

Tony V.

Holly Martins

« Reply #148 on: June 03, 2022, 03:19:54 PM »

Senate hopefuls want to end the filibuster.

.Wisconsin Lt. Gov. Mandela Barnes (D), who is running in a crowded primary to face Republican Sen. Ron Johnson in November, said Democrats should end the filibuster to pass their most pressing policies.

I will never let archaic Senate procedure stand in the way of our basic human rights, whether its the right to live free from gun violence, abortion access or the right to vote, [Barnes said in an interview on Wednesday.] People are motivated, they want leaders that will do everything possible, and that means getting rid of the filibuster...it has to go. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/06/03/senate-filibuster-gun-control/

Holly Martins

« Reply #149 on: June 03, 2022, 03:25:18 PM »

We can all publish a great book like J.D. Salinger and marry a hot young college student. In my case I want a young female Italian film student.

I have a great poetry book, and a great movie script, that can get me started.

Salute,

Tony V.

Tony, your posts on social reform are often full of creative thinking and show compassion.  But, small request, could you skip the endless repeating of your romantic fantasies and showbiz ambitions?   Really getting old. 
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 566