Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 566

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 119334 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #150 on: June 03, 2022, 07:45:57 PM »

Fuck off, Fink. 
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Holly Martins

« Reply #151 on: June 03, 2022, 08:17:53 PM »

Wasn't talking to you, Child Carter.

BTW how many members here have you told to "Stop"?  Anyone here is allowed to push back on others posts, especially if they're offtopic. 

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #152 on: June 03, 2022, 08:41:38 PM »

BTW how many members here have you told to "Stop"?  Anyone here is allowed to push back on others posts, especially if they're offtopic.

Go easy on him, his boys are having a bad day.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 03, 2022, 09:58:03 PM »

Shirley McCracken

In my Italian community in western NY the neighborhood sent a young man to medical school...collecting money every Friday for his expenses. He returned to the neighborhood and practiced in an office there til he retired

Love

------

We need to educate our children in order for them to be our Doctors. and for them to cure Cancer, etc. I support free education for our children who want to be Doctors and who want to serve our communities.

Salute,

Tony V.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 03, 2022, 10:19:43 PM »

Shirley McCracken

In my Italian community in western NY the neighborhood sent a young man to medical school...collecting money every Friday for his expenses. He returned to the neighborhood and practiced in an office there til he retired

Love

------

We need to educate our children in order for them to be our Doctors. and for them to cure Cancer, etc. I support free education for our children who want to be Doctors and who want to serve our communities.

Salute,

Tony V.

Still an anti-Republican attitude.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 03, 2022, 11:19:39 PM »

I support everything which helps our people.

And we need to make our homeless people work making frozen burritos. And we can give everyone jobs making frozen burritos.

https://www.elmonterey.com/

Salute,

Tony V.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 03, 2022, 11:29:11 PM »

yeah, tell ya what -stop Fac and I will help you stop Tony - not that they are anywhere near similar.

IGNORE function still works here.  But I guess you cant stand that you may miss something
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 04, 2022, 02:31:28 PM »

I watched a short video about the sardine canning industry in Portugal, at the time of WW II they had 400 factories canning sardines, and now there are only 20 factories and all of those jobs are gone. Portugal relies on tourism now and almost all of the sardine factories are gone, all of those jobs in the factories are gone.

I have seen what it looks like here in California as the factories and jobs left and I see the people here trying to make a living from tourism like the people of Portugal, and to be honest we need to bring the jobs back. It was better here in the 1980s than it is now. We need to bring back General Motors plants to Southern California, and we can build new supersonic planes with Lockheed, and we can create other jobs.

And those factory jobs in Portugal canning sardines were appreciated by the people who worked there, they loved working in the sardine factories, and they took pride in their work.

We can make frozen burritos, and canned foods such as Campbell Soup and Chef Boyardee here in the United States, and as we produce more food then it helps to keep the food prices low and fights inflation. And we can expand our orange juice industry in California to create jobs for people. Just like with the sardine factories in Portugal, the people are happier when they have jobs. When the jobs are gone then the people miss the jobs.

Here is a link for the video about the sardine factory in Portugal, they love their factory and they take pride in their work and I am sure that their sardines are fantastic.

https://youtu.be/jpTwHAt0Zxw

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: June 04, 2022, 02:51:02 PM by FlyingVProd »

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 04, 2022, 03:15:02 PM »

My name is Sardine Can, and I approve this message.
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 04, 2022, 04:17:13 PM »

My name is Sardine Can, and I approve this message.

Very cool.

All of the bodegas in these neighborhoods sell cans of sardines, they are great.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: June 04, 2022, 04:20:37 PM by FlyingVProd »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 04, 2022, 05:49:44 PM »

On the issue of the Bark Beetle, and saving trees, here in Orange County we are taking action to save the trees from being killed by the Bark Beetle.

And in our forests we need to take action to control and kill Bark Beetles and to save the trees.

We also need to have workers to remove dead trees, and to also plant new trees, along with allowing the loggers to do logging to give us lumber to build housing.

I would also put water sprinkler systems in the forests where fires can happen, if a fire happens you just turn on the sprinklers to put the fire out. You put a water tank on the hill-top and you let the water be gravity fed to the sprinklers.

Also, the prisoners can be out there cutting fire trails, and working in the forests.

The homeless people can be hired to plant trees and to work for the Forestry Service.

We need to pay attention to our forests, and we need to have people doing the work that needs to be done. And instead of just sitting around waiting for fires to happen then the people need to be pro-active and busy managing our forests and making it safe so that we do not have these wild out of control fires all of the time. We need to be pro-active. We have 60,000 homeless people in Los Angeles, and we can put people to work in the forests.

Salute,

Tony V.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 05, 2022, 01:51:26 PM »

yeah, tell ya what -stop Fac and I will help you stop Tony - not that they are anywhere near similar.

IGNORE function still works here.  But I guess you cant stand that you may miss something

Here is some religious help for you Kid.

http://m.dailykos.com/stories/2022/6/4/2102283/-Political-Christianity-has-killed-biblical-Jesus-and-replaced-him-with-the-Fascochrist

Try to get your soul right.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #163 on: June 05, 2022, 01:56:54 PM »

Lyndon Johnson

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 05, 2022, 03:24:18 PM »

Our system is broken when we allowed there to be 60,000 homeless people in Los Angeles. Something is wrong. Those people need to be able to work and to pay for their own food and their own housing. And we need to care.

We need to take action and we need to fix the situation, we have smart and rich people like maybe Rick Caruso to help, and we have great schools, we need to figure out why we have 60,000 homeless people on our streets in Los Angeles and we need to fix it, they need to be able to provide for their own food and shelter.

If nothing else, then the people can always pick oranges and plant trees, etc. We need to expand our orange juice industry in California. And they can work for the Forest Department.

Also, people can volunteer for Habitat For Humanity and they can learn how to do construction.

Salute,

Tony V.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 566