Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 567

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 119474 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: News in General
« Reply #195 on: June 12, 2022, 10:15:31 AM »

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Holly Martins

« Reply #196 on: June 12, 2022, 10:42:54 AM »

https://youtu.be/KwwD0MwQo5w

Archie Bunker, on gun control. A classic clip.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 12, 2022, 11:21:16 AM »

Don't read it.
(re: The Daily Kos )
But you cite it as Gospel often.
Kid is on Ignore.  Probably permanent, as I've reached that Yank Guy threshold of finding engagement pointless.
Since over half the people you agree with on here are your aliases we should have seen this as coming( and hilarious).

Holly Martins

« Reply #198 on: June 12, 2022, 11:52:44 AM »

Fac cites Daily Kos, I dont.  Your mind is starting to blur boundaries between member identities. Nor have I ever offered opinion pieces, or news reports, as gospel.  As you would notice, if you weren't struggling with Boschian Partisan Hack Syndrome. 

I have one alias here, which I've openly stated multiple times over a period of at least five years.   It's really just the preset login I use on a different device, and started out years ago as a joking homage to former NYT member Oilcanboyd.  And now you know all there is to know on that matter.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #199 on: June 12, 2022, 11:56:29 AM »

Because they do not have a case...

Babbitt family has not filed a wrongful death suits.

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/ny-ashli-babbitt-20220610-52y62cxyzjbrnmtdivhhxicsmu-story.html#ed=rss_www.nydailynews.com/arcio/rss/category/news/

From the piece linked to below

As Matt Walsh points out, it is inconceivable that any media outlet would present a sycophantic interview with the two subjects skin colors reversed. Were Byrd white and Babbitt black, the story would read simply  White Cop Murders Unarmed Black Woman.

Then, there would be riots in the streets and buildings would have burned. In other words, the reaction would be  mostly peaceful.

https://www.outkick.com/michael-byrd-ashli-babbitt/

So, so true

- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #200 on: June 12, 2022, 11:56:44 AM »

Fac cites Daily Kos, I dont.  Your mind is starting to blur boundaries between member identities. Nor have I ever offered opinion pieces, or news reports, as gospel. 
As I said. You link Daily Kos. That is indisputable.
I have one alias here, which I've openly stated multiple times over a period of at least five years.   It's really just the preset login I use on a different device, and started out years ago as a joking homage to former NYT member Oilcanboyd.  And now you know all there is to know on that matter.
LOL!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2022, 12:20:10 PM by Espnthree »

Holly Martins

« Reply #201 on: June 12, 2022, 12:31:56 PM »

Let me see if I'm following.  You are saying that Facilitatorn is an alias of mine??  Not sure how else to read that, given that I don't post Daily Kos links and he does.

If that's your theory, we can dispose of it easily by asking Josh to check the IP addresses on our respective posts. 

My guess is that his will geolocate in San Diego CA.  And mine in the Black Hills area of South Dakota. 

Meanwhile back on planet Earth.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/06/12/senate-gun-deal-framework/

So when is compromise just capitulation to Alex Ham's "pertinacious minority?"

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 12, 2022, 01:14:56 PM »

Let me see if I'm following.  You are saying that Facilitatorn is an alias of mine??  Not sure how else to read that, given that I don't post Daily Kos links and he does.
Say what? Your reference to the Daily Kos was a repost of a link posted by a moron as if it had any credibility.

When Compromise is common sense.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 12, 2022, 01:43:12 PM »

Since over half the people you agree with on here are your aliases we should have seen this as coming( and hilarious).
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: June 12, 2022, 02:18:45 PM »

If that's your theory, we can dispose of it easily by asking Josh to check the IP addresses on our respective posts. 

My guess is that his will geolocate in San Diego CA.  And mine in the Black Hills area of South Dakota. 

We are all simply facets in Gods compound eye.

Some are just more clouded than others.

Republicans are hoping the fuss about guns dies down so they can pick an excuse to walk away and oppose all measures. They are waddling around pretending to consider things while the heat is on.

To understand republicans try to picture what a person would do if all thinking stopped at the level of the neck. They are zombie orcs and will always behave accordingly.

This is not an indictment of people. This is an indictment of people who choose to be affiliated with the republican party in its present form in the present day. Many people are walking away from the label into better lives with freer minds. Many more still should.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #205 on: June 12, 2022, 02:19:10 PM »

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Holly Martins

« Reply #206 on: June 12, 2022, 02:23:18 PM »

Oh, yes, you could start a skillet factory with the irony in Ward calling out aliases.

And, just to be sure I'm following JimDickESPward's latest, if I read someone's link to Daily Kos and then reply to their post, that means I am posting a Kos link?  I dunno, that's fairly convoluted, and seems to skip over the question of what I might or might not agree with.  Or if the story was a reprint from elsewhere.

Gotta learn to discuss the actual topic, Alias King.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #207 on: June 12, 2022, 02:26:59 PM »

Because they do not have a case...

Babbitt family has not filed a wrongful death suits.

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/ny-ashli-babbitt-20220610-52y62cxyzjbrnmtdivhhxicsmu-story.html#ed=rss_www.nydailynews.com/arcio/rss/category/news/

From the piece linked to below

As Matt Walsh points out, it is inconceivable that any media outlet would present a sycophantic interview with the two subjects skin colors reversed. Were Byrd white and Babbitt black, the story would read simply  White Cop Murders Unarmed Black Woman.

Then, there would be riots in the streets and buildings would have burned. In other words, the reaction would be  mostly peaceful.

https://www.outkick.com/michael-byrd-ashli-babbitt/

So, so true

White cop shoots black woman who breached security barricade protecting House members during terrorist attack on US Capitol.

You and Walsh are sick racist bastards always screaming how unfair life is for White men.

Whiny little schmeckls.

Lyndon Johnson

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #208 on: June 12, 2022, 02:28:36 PM »

OK, lets not shoot the messenger

Rumor is sides are close to an agreement on a bill that would:

1 - Greatly increase focus aand dollars on mental health both before and after incidents occur

2 - Call for ENHANCED review of gun permit applications for subjects under the age of 21
« Last Edit: June 12, 2022, 08:51:54 PM by kidcarter8 »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #209 on: June 12, 2022, 02:30:00 PM »

Whiny little schmeckls.

shhhhhh....
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 567