Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 567

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 119458 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #255 on: June 13, 2022, 04:34:45 PM »

Do not send your kids to school in Ohio. Let them attend with a reconnaissance drone. Much safer that way.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #256 on: June 13, 2022, 04:36:09 PM »

During the pandemic folks couldnt wait for travel to open up again so they could see NYC, DC and other locales.  Why do you think it would start to shrink to problematic levels at this point?  How they feel about being unsafe on their trip?  Becaue US is becoming a laughingstock?  What exactly?Not agreeing with ESPNTHREE here - but not sure you made a point initially.

People in Europe other places have a legitimate fear of being murdered while in the USA by incels with AR-15s.

I dont have that fear at all

But I remember you - you were among the many here who trembled in fear after the 9/11 attacks.

You do not have that fear because you are chin deep in the death cult,

9/11?

No. I did not tremble in fear. I caught a heap of scorn from both sides the Times forum because I was the one who declared it to be a crime and not an act of war since it was not launched from a sovereign state. I also railed for months about the PNAC and their position America needed to have a Pearl Harbor moment that would justify military action in the Middle East to launch the beginning of a Pax Americana.

Sorry buy my memory of that time is waaaaaaay better than yours.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #257 on: June 13, 2022, 04:44:28 PM »

Bill Barr says Trump was detached from reality...

No shit, Sherlock!

February 2020 during the first impeachment

In the realm of DC Comics, there are multiple universes with their own version of Earth. These alternative Earths were usually so vastly different that no one would confuse our Earth, that is, Earth One or Earth Prime.  However, the existence of an Earth Two was established and we should wonder how the Republican Party and its supporters wound up living on Earth Two.

This moment has been coming since way before the days the GOP straight up lied the nation into war. This has been a consistent and extremely successful longterm strategy as deliberate as it is insidious. It is, in effect, a Jedi Mind Trick on a massive scale. However we have now arrived at the space and time where the conservative bending of reality has crashed full on into the real-time reality where they are beholden to . . . Donald Trump?

https://exjournalistsunite.wordpress.com/2020/02/03/were-living-in-the-republican-partys-altered-states/
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: June 13, 2022, 04:58:07 PM »

During the pandemic folks couldnt wait for travel to open up again so they could see NYC, DC and other locales.  Why do you think it would start to shrink to problematic levels at this point?  How they feel about being unsafe on their trip?  Becaue US is becoming a laughingstock?  What exactly?Not agreeing with ESPNTHREE here - but not sure you made a point initially.

People in Europe other places have a legitimate fear of being murdered while in the USA by incels with AR-15s.

I dont have that fear at all

But I remember you - you were among the many here who trembled in fear after the 9/11 attacks.

You do not have that fear because you are chin deep in the death cult,

9/11?

No. I did not tremble in fear. I caught a heap of scorn from both sides the Times forum because I was the one who declared it to be a crime and not an act of war since it was not launched from a sovereign state. I also railed for months about the PNAC and their position America needed to have a Pearl Harbor moment that would justify military action in the Middle East to launch the beginning of a Pax Americana.

Sorry buy my memory of that time is waaaaaaay better than yours.
For kiid anyone who was not all in for a balls out big dick swinging bomb dropping Merica! Fuck ya! response to 9/11 was cowering in fear.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #259 on: June 13, 2022, 04:59:13 PM »

http://www.emptywheel.net/2022/06/13/january-6-committee-details-trumps-fundraising-fraud/

For all the beaks that dipped in this conspiracy to defraud, including many seated elected officials, republicans now must line up and declare wether they were ignorant dupes or knowing co-conspirators at the time they cashed the checks.

Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #260 on: June 13, 2022, 05:01:45 PM »

For kiid anyone who was not all in for a balls out big dick swinging bomb dropping Merica! Fuck ya! response to 9/11 was cowering in fear.

All kid does is cower in fear. You smell his flop sweat even through a digital medium. Aside from being dumb and consistently wrong, that is his defining quality.

Richard P. Feynman

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #261 on: June 13, 2022, 05:17:01 PM »

Bi partisan push in Congress to set restrictions on private investing in China.
Take another nap, Joe

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #262 on: June 13, 2022, 08:37:02 PM »

News Item

Republican Florida Senator Rick Scott on Monday released the latest installment in a series of television ads targeting President Joe Biden and promoting the Scott Rescue America Plan.

Joe Biden has destroyed the American  economy, it is time to be honest with the American people. Joe Biden is unfit for office and should resign

Billions were just wiped off the ASX [Australian Stock Exchange] in the first 20 mins of trading today...now 10.23am on the east coast.
USA in turmoil as its economy collapses, as inflation shoots up to 8%.

Economies worldwide are tanking, especially those who've embraced the green dream/climate emergency.
SE Australia today is suffering blackouts, shortage of power...LOL.....as winter hits with a cold vengeance.
It's like a third world country where people on stationary bicycles pedal furiously to keep the power grid running.

They're running around trying to hook up diesel generators to keep the power stations going and the lights, heaters, tvs, radios, device chargers on...and industry going...LOL
No power, the nation grinds to a halt.

ScoMo and coal were demonised....and the green dreamers threw insults.
Who looks foolish NOW!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2022, 08:41:13 PM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #263 on: June 13, 2022, 08:44:21 PM »

You look foolish now, as ever, Bambi.

Richard P. Feynman

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #264 on: June 13, 2022, 08:48:44 PM »

The Senate got serious, ignored the Sleepy Joe misguided(and misnamed) assault weapons ban
and produced a filibuster free bill that makes sense in fighting mass killings in schools.

The bill is a band-aid, at best, and will do far too little about mass shootings.
What law could?

I applaud the proposal to increase support to mental health services, while noting that measure is unlikely to even do much about suicides and nothing about mass shootings.
Josh doublespeak bullshit

The extra examination for 18-21 year olds is mostly a joke.
Any restrictions on owning a rifle before age 21 is stupid.

The boyfriend loophole for red flag laws is the most important of these in terms of reducing homicide by firearms. Still really not about mass shootings, but it's not nothing.
Caniglia v. Strom  Might want to read it. the GOP put one over on the dems on this one

Still skeptical that even this light bill will get past the filibuster, but we can hope, even as the desire for substantive change is ignored or even laughed at by those who continue to put ridiculous gun ownership ahead of children's lives.
Say what?

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #265 on: June 13, 2022, 08:52:49 PM »

You look foolish now, as ever, Bambi.

Australia should be building a giant new coal-fired, best technology, power station....starting now.
Go woke, go broke.

Holly Martins

« Reply #266 on: June 13, 2022, 09:08:20 PM »

RIP Lt. Joe Bookman, age 90.  Your overdue copy of Tropic of Cancer is now safe.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #267 on: June 13, 2022, 09:16:23 PM »

And Larry David can now safely use the phone in the examination room.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #268 on: June 13, 2022, 10:14:55 PM »

Joe!!!!!

Dow tumbles 876 points and stocks enter bear market on worries of drastic rate hikes

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/13/investing/dow-stock-market-today/index.html

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #269 on: June 14, 2022, 08:30:53 PM »

Millions of Australians are so dumb they think coal fired power stations can be shut down before there are available, affordable, reliable alternatives and there won't be an energy crisis...blackouts, with power to residential, farm and industrial properties affected. LOL
« Last Edit: June 14, 2022, 10:01:57 PM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 567