Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 567

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 119433 times)

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #360 on: July 01, 2022, 02:51:38 PM »

Facebook and Tiktok are not that great compared to the original America On Line, AOL was the best. And I still have AOL. I would love to buy AOL and return it to glory.

Social Networking on AOL was fantastic, you could share your interests and your location, etc, and you could find friends in your area who were into the same things that you were. I used to talk to women who were into acting, etc. If I wanted to find people in Anaheim who were into filmmaking, then I could just do a search on AOL and I could find all of the members on AOL who lived in Anaheim who are into filmmaking.

And AOL had forums, people could discuss events in the news, etc.

Plus AOL has email and AOL can have a top rate browser, etc, etc, etc.

Then you can bring in all of the new stuff such as screen-time communications, etc.

I am not really smart with computers, so I would have to bring in a team of experts, but I have cool ideas, I could tell my ideas to the experts.

I would buy AOL and make it the best.

Salute,

Tony V.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: July 01, 2022, 04:39:55 PM »

I get it.  You made a misfire of a joke, no one laughed, now you're all butt hurt and accusatory about being shut down and cancelled while you still keep posting and no one interferes with that.  Meanwhile you keep hoping to redeem your joke that's basically about people screwed over by redlining and predatory financing and freeways splitting hoods in two and homes built downwind of smokstacks.  Cause you really really believe it was funny.  And who but a pack of Maoist zealots would not acknowledge that humor?

No, you don't get it. If you did, you wouldn't work so hard to offer all those excuses for people's failure to take advantage of the opportunities that lie before them, the way so many similarly situated have done and are doing.

Put that in your smokstack, schmuck.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: July 01, 2022, 04:44:02 PM »

I get it.  You made a misfire of a joke, no one laughed, now you're all butt hurt and accusatory about being shut down and cancelled while you still keep posting and no one interferes with that.  Meanwhile you keep hoping to redeem your joke that's basically about people screwed over by redlining and predatory financing and freeways splitting hoods in two and homes built downwind of smokstacks.  Cause you really really believe it was funny.  And who but a pack of Maoist zealots would not acknowledge that humor?

No, you don't get it. If you did, you wouldn't work so hard to offer all those excuses for people's failure to take advantage of the opportunities that lie before them, the way so many similarly situated have done and are doing.

Put that in your smokstack, schmuck.
DID YOU READ THE FUCKING ARTICLE? They built a successful business that was stolen from them by the city through an eminent domain action that was intended solely to destroy the business. The city didn.even do anything with the property for years before they gave it away. You stupid racist fuck.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: July 01, 2022, 04:44:27 PM »

And there is the truth of it.

It was never intended as humor. It was an attack and a stupid one.

Same old, same old, Ham.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: July 01, 2022, 04:45:44 PM »

He knows it is not funny. Except that Forrest has always found race baiting personally hilarious.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #365 on: July 01, 2022, 04:50:26 PM »

When his country needed him, cowardly Mark Meadows let Jan. 6 happen

Read more at: https://www.charlotteobserver.com/opinion/article262971083.html#storylink=cpy

What do you have to do to be indicted?

Evidently you do not know

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #366 on: July 01, 2022, 05:11:50 PM »

When my Buddy Tom ran his team to raise money for charity to feed the hungry people, he knew they did not want some middle aged man to be their leader, so he hired a beautiful young 19 year old blonde lady to run the crew, he made a 19 year old lady the boss and then she ran the crew. It works the same with influencers, the young people are not going to listen to you if you try to raise money to help the homeless, but if you hire a beautiful young 19 year old woman and make her the boss of the crew and let her influence the people then you can win over everyone. The people of Beverly Hills are not going to listen to me to help the homeless, but if we sent Brad Pitt, or Mahlagha Jaberi to Beverly Hills then they could get help for the people. So, as you raise money for charity, if you want to have your own non-profit like "Food Without Borders" then remember to plan on spending money to hire a beautiful young woman as a team leader and influencer, or on a star.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: July 01, 2022, 05:15:08 PM by FlyingVProd »

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: July 01, 2022, 06:13:47 PM »

Same old, same old, Ham.

Comedy is truth.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #368 on: July 01, 2022, 11:52:22 PM »

Same old, same old, Ham.

Comedy is truth.

The problem is there is no truth in your punchline.

If you sought to find the humor in tragedy you blew that, too.

Stop trying to save it. It bombed.

You bombed and you bombed worse by standing there saying You do not get it? What is wrong with you?

Andy Kaufman was brilliant at that.

You suck.

Check, please!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-CxX8nvLalE
« Last Edit: July 02, 2022, 03:51:58 AM by LarryBnDC »
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #369 on: July 04, 2022, 05:13:51 PM »

The whole bear spray system needs re-inventing ... people in America are accidentally spraying it in their faces directly or it is hitting them in their faces accidentally after rebounding off something.
Others are applying it to their bodies deliberately as they would insect repellent, thinking that's how it repels bears.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2022, 05:16:01 PM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #370 on: July 05, 2022, 05:44:18 PM »

The economy in Turkey just collapsed and they have eighty percent inflation. I know how to fix it, and I can tell the World Bank.

Turkey needs to raise the tariffs on the imports on products which the people of Turkey produce themselves, and then use the money from the tariffs to educate the people of Turkey for the jobs of the future, and Turkey can produce films for the Arabs, etc., and Turkey needs to build more factories and they need to produce more goods locally and they need to sell exports to the Arabs, etc.

They also need to invest in Gold and then tie their currency to Gold. They can buy Gold from Nevada and from Colombia and from other places, Alaska has Gold, there are many places where they can get Gold.

Turkey needs to produce and export goods, and they need to invest in Gold and they need to tie their currency to the stability of Gold. And for instance, Israel ties their economy to diamonds. Turkey can do jewelry too, they can do Gold and diamonds, and also Real Estate, etc. And Turkey can do tariffs on imports at their ports of entry and they can use the money to train and educate their work force and to open new factories, etc, and to strengthen their economy by doing exports, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: July 05, 2022, 07:11:39 PM »

The Large Hadron Collider was re-started at about 4pm their time.

It has not destroyed the world yet.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #372 on: July 06, 2022, 03:33:35 PM »

Turkey is an important transit point for the refugees coming from Ukraine, etc, the refugees are traveling to Turkey and then they are flying from Turkey to Mexico, and then they are coming into the USA from Mexico.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #373 on: July 08, 2022, 01:42:44 AM »

In Battle Mountain, Nevada, they have the rodeo periodically, it is part of their heritage.

And in Acapulco, Mexico, they have cliff divers, and the cliff divers are part of their heritage.

http://www.realacapulco.com/en/attraction/cliff-divers

If any of the refugees have problems getting into the USA for any reason, then I would suggest Acapulco, Mexico, as a destination for the refugees. And if the Russian refugees, and others, have problems getting into the USA, then they can check out Acapulco.

Salute,

Tony V.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: July 08, 2022, 02:53:31 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 567