Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 566

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 119327 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #465 on: July 15, 2022, 05:49:47 PM »

Plenty of people who are not wealthy seem to do fine, but I cannot argue that almost anywhere in the world in which wealth exists they have a better chance of doing well in their old age. I know plenty of folks who were wealthy, but screwed it up and ended up in elder housing of one sort or another.

And wealth is not, yet at least, protection from dementia which leads to not doing well no matter how much money you have.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #466 on: July 15, 2022, 09:42:49 PM »

Plenty of people who are not wealthy seem to do fine, but I cannot argue that almost anywhere in the world in which wealth exists they have a better chance of doing well in their old age. I know plenty of folks who were wealthy, but screwed it up and ended up in elder housing of one sort or another.

And wealth is not, yet at least, protection from dementia which leads to not doing well no matter how much money you have.
Was that a test script in preparing a word salad to replace Kamala?
LOL!

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: July 15, 2022, 09:57:44 PM »

LOL!

Lie, deny, and obfuscate.

If only you understood things well enough to make a cogent response.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #468 on: July 15, 2022, 10:37:04 PM »

LOL!

ROFL!

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: July 15, 2022, 11:07:42 PM »

LOL!

ROFL!

Still failing to make a cogent response.

Zzzzz

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #470 on: July 15, 2022, 11:55:30 PM »

LOL!

ROFL!

Zzzzz
When you wake up on Election Day I hope you are prepared.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2022, 12:02:35 AM by Espnthree »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: July 16, 2022, 02:58:31 AM »

LOL!

ROFL!

Zzzzz
When you wake up on Election Day I hope you are prepared.

Godz, are you dense.

This is not a game. It's not about scoring points in some infantile debate in which to be honest or to admit mistakes means you lose.

The truth is the truth, even when you try to ignore it.

Regular gas' average price dropped about 10% in the last 4 weeks. And it climbed not because of Keystone or actions by the Democrats or even by the Republicans, except to the extent that they aided the Russians in prepping the war.

Inflation is international, not national.

And your image of climate change and solutions for it are incredibly broken.

I am "ready" for the Nov. 2022 and Nov 2024 election results, though I have cause to believe they are a lot more volatile than you seem to, jerk. But if you are right, I will be mourning the loss of American lives and world lives that will come as a result, while you are celebrating being right and your party's having scored points in a game.

I care about people.

You care about "winning," when you cannot even recognize that every time your side wins, America and the world are both losing.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: July 16, 2022, 03:00:16 AM »

And the best you can come up with is "LOL!" because you think it's funny and that my passion and beliefs are funny.

Or you have to pretend you think they are funny, or you might start to cry.

"LOL," Ward. "LOL" all the way to your and our graves.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #473 on: July 16, 2022, 08:50:06 AM »

People will DIE if Republicans win in '22, ESPN3.  (Whatever that means)

Come on, man.

Holly Martins

« Reply #474 on: July 16, 2022, 09:18:09 AM »

This is not a game. It's not about scoring points in some infantile debate in which to be honest or to admit mistakes means you lose.

At least two members here seem to have a diametrically opposite view.  And if they can't make it a zero sum game, then they pound on the table until people get bored and wander off. 

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: July 16, 2022, 09:56:10 AM »

This means it is PERMANENT not that it happened quickly.

Shooting is quicker than suffocation, than poison, and then most hanging.

You still miss the point.  Thinking through it counts for time.  Long thought before trigger.

No thought before you posted this drivel.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: July 16, 2022, 10:29:09 AM »

Come on, man.

Republicans are pure evil. It is a good thing they are being tracked, monitored, and recorded by their phones and in some cases their cars and homes as well. Stopping republicans and people who cast votes for republicans is a matter of life and death.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: July 16, 2022, 11:50:27 AM »

Come on, man.

What impact do you think making abortions illegal will have, Kid? Do you think there will not be an increase in 'home-made' efforts? Do you not think there will be an increase in domestic violence against pregnant women and new mothers of unwanted children receiving  forced child support?

What impact do you expect from rollbacks of Social Security or other safety net programs?

And remember that both Ward and I are talking about state elections, not just seats in Congress.

"Come on, man."

Instead of that, try a rational argument for why you expect the intended changes the GOP platform pushes won't result in the same additional deaths that they have amounted to every time in the past.

Love to hear your reasoning.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: July 16, 2022, 12:02:45 PM »

Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #479 on: July 16, 2022, 12:51:54 PM »

LOL!

Word salad?

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-speech-2656511495/
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 566